Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Californias LARGEST TRU-Stalgia Drag Race EAGLE FIELD May 17th and 18th!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

PayPal link NOW available on the eaglefielddrags.com Pre-Register Page.
    http://www.eaglefielddrags.com/Pre-Registration.html

Pre-Registration Form at bottom of this post, no need to print it just write the info on a piece of paper and drop it in the mail with a check.

JOIN OUR TRU-GAS / FX GROUP ON THE HAMB​
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=884

SUNDAY TRU-GASSER SHOOT-OUT​
    Join us for our "Heads-Up" Gasser shootout. We're going to try and group them equally and designate the groups A, B, & C Gas (and more if req), then run them heads up on Sunday for a Class Champion Award. Cars allowed will have to be Traditionally built, competition will be held using the Tree, and cars entered will become part of the Eagle Field Tru-Stalgia Gassers Group or Eagle Field Tru-Gasser Association or ???? name is open for discussion. The "Group" will be responsible for pairings and organization and Racers who get eliminated are allowed to run in the Grudge lanes for the rest of the Day!
    TRU-Gas GUIDELINES ​
    *Suspension: Stock or straight axle conversion only
    * 1966 and earlier year model production
    * Wheel Styles of 1966 and earlier only.
    New wheels of the era such as Torque Thrust 5 spokes,
    Cragar SS, ET, Rocket, and many others along with Steel are welcomed!
    There will be some latitude given to those who have cars that "Fit" but may have the wrong wheels for now.
    * Stock Frames with front half (example Chevy II kits) and back half modifications allowed. Frame added to Unibody cars OK with stock floor pans. Our goal is to have cars look like the did in "the Day".
    * No delay boxes
    * No electronics that control the launch or throttle
    *NO Nitrous OXIDE
    NOTE to anyone interested, now is the time to discuss rules and requirements..............PLEASE participate in building this group if interested.
    I've been talking to myself and this is the idea I have came up with :D I'm thinking all Tru-Gas Cars run Sunday morning then they group up in 8 car fields (or less) according to their ET's. The group will be responsible for "fields" and I know this could lead to Sandbagging BUT I believe all those involved are racers with integrity and understand we're racing for the fun of it. INPUT?

FLAG START SATURDAY​
    May 17th we have Rich Guasco's PURE HELL AA/FA Match Racing Stormy Byrd, PLUS Jeff Ataimian's Beast Jet Dragster among all the other Eagle Field Favorites.
    2014 Fresno Dragways Reunion Special Guest Announcement! This years special guest is Mike Acquistapace, Mike raced an 4 speed equipped injected SB Chevy powered Anglia (which he still has) at Fresno Dragways and now competes regularly @ Eagle Field with his latest Anglia entry. I've known Mike for years and I'm thankful Eagle Field has brought us together like it has for so many!

CHRISTMAS TREE SUNDAY​
    BIG, HUGE NEWS! Justin Brenneman and his brother will appear @ the Eagle Field/ Dos Palos Lions Drags Race SUNDAY May 18th! The two will go at it in a 3 round Match race with their SUPER Factory Experimentals, Justin has appeared @ Eagle Field last Oct and knows what to expect and may have a "Leg Up" on his brother in the Pontiac. PLUS we are working on a Tru-Stalgia Gasser Shoot-out. This is all on Sunday after an exciting day on Saturday! So STAY TUNED For More, More, More!!

ACCOMMODATIONS​
    Room Rates are locked in for Eagle Field Runway Drags friends needing accommodations for the Fresno Dragways Reunion & Lions Drag Race May 17th & 18th. The Apricot Inn located 19miles south on I-5 and Panoache Rd, $65 single & $75 for 2 singles or a KING. Phone 559-659-1444. Motel 33 is located 16miles east in Firebaugh, $50 for a single & $60 for 2 singles. Phone 559 659 2971. Be sure to mention Eagle Field and call me @ 559 351 3537 if you have any problems. Rocky.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY​

Don't MISS The Brenneman Brothers Match Race!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

May 17th Line up includes................

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

2014 Fresno Dragways Reunion Special Guest Announcement! This years special guest is Mike Acquistapace, Mike raced an 4 speed equipped injected SB Chevy powered Anglia (which he still has) at Fresno Dragways and now competes regularly @ Eagle Field with his latest Anglia entry. I've known Mike for years and I'm thankful Eagle Field has brought us together like it has for so many!

Attached Files:

4. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Sounds like its gonna cool off a bit but still remain dry for the first week of Feb. fingers crossed.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Looking forward to seeing you and johnny soon!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Well crap Rocky. Just looked at the weather. Showing rain on Fri. First time it rains in almost 2 months and it has to be this Fri. Figures. Of course they've said its going to rain before.

7. Can't wait...............

8. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Carl, Congrats on getting your picture in the new HRD, along with some other HAMB members, especially Rocky showing his generosity!

9. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

Any word the track being dry? Are they planning on racing this weekend?

10. Carl, Congrats on getting your picture in the new HRD, along with some other HAMB members, especially Rocky showing his generosity!

Yea Marty its pretty cool but not as cool as being able to call Rocky and the Eagle Field crew friends, and Rocky's generosity is indeed legend.
    Eagle Field had become an addiction to me one that keeps me going and going and going. Of course it sure helps to have Tim's nieces backin you up................ <!-- / message -->

11. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Rain, rain go away, come again some other day.

Rain today and forecast for Sat. too. Lord knows we need all we can get but really? C'mon!

12. 64altereddart

64altereddart
    from clovis ca

Yep I hear u there

13. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

As anyone from this part of the state knows, when it's time for the Tulare Farm Show, it's gonna rain. It starts Tue.

14. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Winternationals this weekend too, Rain is inevitable. :p

15. Ok took my grandson to the Sac Autorama today and afterwards we went out to have Chinese food....... this was in my fortune cookie.....
    [​IMG]

must have something to do with Eagle Field but for the life of me I can't figure it out......:D:D

16. Maybe oneday we can ship the greengo back and race this meet

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

The Stars have aligned! :D

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Hot DIGGITY DOGS!!!! Just checked the weather and it LOOKS Beautiful all the way thru and including the 22nd!!!! I hope everyone can still join us and help warm the heart of our beloved Sheena Hunter. LET'S BURN Rubber & PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS! Rocky

19. no55mad

no55mad

Can you fly in or is the runway closed to aircraft all day?

20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Sorry '55 the runway is closed to planes :(

21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Moving ahead a little..... I talked to Rich Guasco today and his friend owns the Blackbird which runs a Pure Hell engine. Rich said he wants to bring it to the Fresno Dragways Reunion in May and do some burnouts..... hell ya! Did I mention AA/FA PURE HELL will also be there! :) pic won't upload :( I'll post it later.

22. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Here is the photo of Blackbird!

Attached Files:

23. 64altereddart

64altereddart
    from clovis ca

Awsome

24. 5 more get ups.......:D:D:D

25. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

I'll be there...

26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

The weather is going to be FANTASTIC!

27. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Well, I won't be on here much for the next few days. Great times ahead that we've been waiting for since the first of February and I'm looking forward to seeing all my Eagle Field Friends this weekend @ Eagle Field Runway Drags. "Lee get the TWIN Loaded up, we have Rubber to Burn!"

28. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

BIG, HUGE NEWS! Justin Brenneman and his brother will appear @ the Eagle Field/ Dos Palos Lions Drags Race SUNDAY May 18th! The two will go at it in a 3 round Match race with their SUPER Factory Experimentals, Justin has appeared @ Eagle Field last Oct and knows what to expect and may have a "Leg Up" on his brother in the Pontiac. PLUS we are working on a Tru-Stalgia Gasser Shoot-out. This is all on Sunday after an exciting day on Saturday! So STAY TUNED For More, More, More!! <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files: