Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take back Central AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tri-Powerguy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

How's your dog doing?

2. They aren't really sure whats going on with her. They tested her to confirm it wasn't parvo (deadly) and then gave her fluids and meds to help the vomiting and etc and said if it continues to see our vet on Monday. So far she isn't vomiting any more and seems to be improving but her stomach must be bothering her still. We will see, just hoping for the best otherwise it'll cost hundreds more in testing.

3. azcruiser14

azcruiser14

4. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Are we all still on for this weekend?

5. I was at my place in St Johns last weekend but, will be in the valley for Good Guys. Will probably head by Central too.

6. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I have some international visitors this weekend but I should be out and about....

7. Topspeed

Topspeed
    from Peoria, Az

Hello folks, I heard about this thread from my friend "Blownufo" a couple months ago and I've been following it for about a week or so. I started a Cruise on Grand Ave back in November. We call it "The Grand Cruise" and it's about the same as what you folks are doing on Central. We get together on the last Saturday of each month (Holidays and special events excepted) and we show up around 4:00pm and mostly just socialize and Cruise. We meet up at the Dennys at 8737 NW Grand Ave. Currently we have just shy of 80 members in our group. It is very close to the way Central was back in the 70's. 3 lanes wide each direction, nice smooth fresh pavement with a median and plenty of places to park along the roadway. The speed limit is a little higher (45mph) but it doesn't seem to make alot of difference once the sun goes down. If you like Cruising you are welcome to come out and Cruise with us anytime.
    <!-- / message -->

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  8. Topspeed

Topspeed
    from Peoria, Az

Some of our guys are going to be joining you for the Cruise you are having tomorrow on Central. I'm not sure how many will be there, but the ones that are going are the people from our group (The Grand Cruise) that really want to revive Central, much the same as you. We wish you the best of luck for a successful Cruise with no big problems.
    We seem to share many of the same concerns. We would like to have a lot more people show up at our Cruise, but if it gets too big, people start doing things that the business owners don't like as in Burnouts and Dounuts in the parking lot etc, or some one causes problems with local traffic (Vehicle accidents or pedestrian involved accidents) and Johnny Law gets involved and the next thing you know we get shut down. No matter where you Cruise the issues are the same.

9. Topspeed

Topspeed
    from Peoria, Az

Tri-Powerguy you and I seem to be trying to do about the same thing as far as getting a Cruise going again. I liked your story about Billy Hall and the guy in the Corvette! Billy and Little Bill, Norm, David, Ricky and I used to hang out at Der Weinerschnitzel sometimes or the APCO auto parts store. Dairy Queen and Arbys where frequent hang outs as well. Lots of stories from back in the day. I'm a Mopar driver, looking forward to meeting you and checking out your Belvedere. I'll be out of town this weekend so I'll shoot for one of the following Saturdays.

10. azcruiser14

azcruiser14

Apple glad you are going to make it! I handed out 300 flyers at good guys yesterday, see if that gets any response.

11. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

I was so Bummed that I missed last Saturday night, will not miss this one. Either Corvette or Belvedere both running. I worked at getting it going cause I hate missing this stuff, hope it was a great time. C U Saturday night

12. 300 of my flyers? If so, a big thank you for that. I missed last Sat. Going to GCC in the am, not sure about the rest of the day. Lots to do, much more than is normal.

13. Well, if I can get my brother to come by after work to help me bleed the brakes and finish buttoning the car up I may actually see you guys out there tonight. I wont be doing much cruising though because my plan was to have the car done last night so I could drive it to work today so I can align it and install the proportioning valve. The car will be drive-able but not dialed in enough to put miles on it all night.

IDK, maybe I'll take it to the shop tomorrow when were closed to get it done.

14. Left gcc today and headed down central. Seen 2 guys riding in a convertible Chrysler Sebring wearing wedding gowns. Then I spotted Santa claus on vacation right here in phoenix, az cruising down central ave just north of dairy queen . Further down by the art museum I seen this white roadster t bucket straight out of the 80's with the rear tires almost as wide as the lane and spindle mount looking skinnys up front. I told him to come out every Saturday to Dairy Queen around 6 or 7. He said the cops won't like that too much. I told him only if people do stupid things the cops won't like it too much. He asked if I was coming down for April 12th for the n.p.p. circus on central. Well actually he asked if I was coming down for the cruise on central. I made up the n.p.p. circus on central.

[​IMG]

Here is Santa

[​IMG]

Two dudes

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Welcome to the gayborhood...

16. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

ROTFLMAO Good one Chip.

17. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

It was a nice night on Central Saturday night, were was everybody. really enjoyed cruising. Hope to see you all next week.

18. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

This week is Southwest Nostalgia drags. Starts at 0800. You guys should all make it. If you can't get the day off, claim its a religious holiday. ...

19. My car was still out of commission but she is road worthy again and will be out this Saturday for sure!

I thought it was April 4/5?

20. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Different event. Southwest drags is being held in conjunction with another event. The April 5-6 event is all its own. There are 4 different programs being held on a 2 day weekend. Info on all of them is here,, www.pontiacheaven.org

21. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I should have clarified, SWND is this Saturday, March 22nd. Link to that thread below....

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867339

Pontiac Heavens event will be the next event not to miss....

22. I either need to get in with a shop that is closed on weekends or find a new career. I miss out on so many good events constantly working Saturdays.

23. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Thats what vacation time is for. I always schedule the time off way in advance. I asheduled this time off in january for the first weekend in April.

24. Yeah I hear ya, I already have a weekend off in April for Viva Las Vegas but I will have to request some time for some other events since I hardly ever do. I just feel like an ass being the manager and taking the busiest day of the week off.

25. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

We're out at the track and planning on coming down to cause some trouble tonight. Any of you curmudgeons gonna make it?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  26. mopacltd

mopacltd

You still racin, Nick or are you cruisin central?

27. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

There were a few of us that showed up around 7:30, took a lap south and through downtown, and back up to Chip's place. We're all pretty beat from being out in the sun so we called it a night.

28. mopacltd

mopacltd

Did you take some pictures?

29. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Who's coming cruising this week?

30. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

I will be there this week. Have we all thought of a place we might want to hang out and watch the festivity's on April 12th, I will be at Park Central for a while but would like to meet up later. Hope you all are having a great Hot Rod week.