Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Black Forest Run #4 Australia March 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoz, Mar 16, 2014.

1. flatoz

flatoz

Well its hard to believe that this is the 4th one of these we have put on. There are only 3 of us who organise this event. Its an invite only with the focus on driving and enjoying your traditionally based cars with like minded people. Its low key and we like it that way.

Thanks to all who attended we appreciate you coming out when there was 90% chance of rain that day! Also thanks to Wayne and Dave who work tirelessly to get this thing to happen ( and Dave's wife Katie for her prep work on the food and getting the sausages)

Most of all we just hope you all had some fun.

here are some photos I took.

Peddro the resident artist of the Black Forrest Run comes up with the commemorative poster for each event. As you can see they are numbered. On the other side is the directions on where to go, or on this particular time, on how to go the wrong way?! It was the other left people…

[​IMG]

The Servo where we started. This is for a litre for you yanks. Multiply that by 4 to get a US gallon.

[​IMG]

When I turned up, I saw that Geoff (Whodaky) was there, now this was a complete surprise as we have invited him every year, but it seems Tony Cassar dragged him out of hiding. I told Geoff, that regardless, seeing him turn up to attend had made the run for me. Geoff is one of the nicest, and most purest hot rodders you will ever meet. Check out his and Tony’s build ‘the last grasp special if you don’t believe me. That’s my old mans coupe ( blue one ) next to Geoff’s 5W

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683056

[​IMG]

Zac’s chubby powered A bone a well executed car thanks to some Rancho Deluxe magic

[​IMG]

The Rancho deluxe roadster and Chappy’s A model

[​IMG]

Steve’s Flathead powered 33 5W, a nicely executed, understated car. Perfect really.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Tina Special, Billy Aguis’s roadster, this car seems to be everywhere, Y block powered. Billy does drive this thing,

[​IMG]

Gerald the Gnome's A roadster

[​IMG]

Stripers Modified and Adrians roadster and Martins' Dodge coupe

[​IMG]

My Roadster and Whodaky's coupe

[​IMG]

Rocky's A roadster

[​IMG]

Bob's 40 coupe.

[​IMG]

Bob's mates 38

[​IMG]

Frank and Chris's roadster hiding in the background.

[​IMG]

See , everyones having a good time .

[​IMG]

My old mans coupe, getting ready to leave.

[​IMG]

Peddro the chauffeur.

[​IMG]

on Black Forrest Drive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. flatoz

flatoz

[​IMG]

coming into Woodend. Daves 40 following bens 32

[​IMG]

other side of Tylden

[​IMG]

cars turning onto springhill road

zac

[​IMG]

rocky
    [​IMG]

Greg and Collean W powered 5W

[​IMG]

Adrian and Jeff in Adrians 32 flathead powered

[​IMG]

Chris in his banger powered roadster

[​IMG]

Martin and Sarah in early cad powered dodge coupe on A chassis

[​IMG]

line up of car

[​IMG]

heading between the upper coliban reservoir and the lower Lauriston reservoir

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looking back at theLauriston reservoir

[​IMG]

onto the vaughn spring road, some roadwork we didnt suspect, shannons A RPU behind us with a line up following

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onto the known dirt section, hadnt been graded fora while I think...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

unschedulled stop to fix Shannons rpu, dont know what we did but it fixed it!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. flatoz

flatoz

Greg walking cars Greg, Frank, Pete,Martin and Sarah,Zac,Steve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Backward forwards.
    Dave Organiser, Gerald, Rocky, Bob. Greg and Collean walking

[​IMG]

Bob yakking
    [​IMG]

Peddro readying to lead the charge...

[​IMG]

Taradale servo. scheduled stop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

comming up onto the old Calder hwy /Taradale straight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

coming into Malmsbury

[​IMG]

Turning on to the Lauriston road towards Kyneton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. flatoz

flatoz

5. PG

PG

Holy buckets that looks like a load of fun. I want that poster!

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

good times

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Very Nice Rides!:cool:

8. jimbob

jimbob

Next year, I promise Corey......glad the weather held off for you.

9. 80WTI

80WTI

Some nice quality rods, looks like a good time guys, thanks for sharing.

10. 35cab

35cab

Great cars. Great scenery and bloody brilliant poster!
    Thanks.

11. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Thanks for a great day out driving, Corey,(and Dave and Peddro!) it always amazes me how many roads and towns in central victoria there are that I've never been through!
    great photos too.

12. We didn't do too bad with the weather.....4 years so far without a washout. I think we'll steer clear of the top of Mt. Macedon though. That place has it's own climate zone happening!

And next year I'll exercise a little more diligence when it comes to the map! And the bumpy roads!

Attached Files:

13. great to see, congrats that it looked like another great drive in the country, stoked that Geoff came along, super cool.

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

14. Great pix fellas...had a blast on the day once again. Great to see Geoff out in his coupe once again too !!

Thanx to Flatoz, Peddro and all for putting on another great day - well done gang.

;)

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Great coverage of what appears to be a great event. How can you beat driving cool cars and hanging out with cool cars? Beats having a trailer queen any time of the day.

16. Brilliant.

Nice work, Corey and Co.

17. Completely gutted I couldn't attend. managed to fix the tudor Friday night and the wedding I worked was later in the day than expected. great shots. looking forward to next year!

18. iengdixuecun

iengdixuecun
    from new york

Holy buckets that looks like a load of fun.[​IMG]

19. looks like great day.
    Al.

20. Thanks for posting those pics, just made being unable to make it that bit worse.....

21. draider

draider
    from Texas

Looks like a good time with some beautiful cars. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

22. Job done then! :p

23. Dave - *tap*tap*tap*....instagram....*tap*tap*tap...."Killer onion rings".

24. Great looking event guys, well done...

25. looks good stuff Corey-

26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Tony railroaded me into attending with a plan he/we hatched a couple of months ago.
    So a wheel change to the coupe had to happen. It doesn't look to bad with steelies back on it. I have never run black-walls with steelies. So it made for a refreshing new look.
    Unfortunately my usually very reliable coupe had a few reliability issues over the course of the whole day. So much so that we never made it home with the coupe. We had to abandon it with a totally flat left front tyre at a service station in Nar Nar Goon. We would retrieve it Sunday morninig. I won't go into anymore details of our misadventures on that Saturday.
    But I would like to thank all those who came to our assistance during the day. I owe you all big time. That assistance also came in the form of an SOS call to a good ole boy from the wilds of Woodend, you know who you are!
    Apart from all the dramas, I had a mighty fine time at the run and I thank Corey, Wayne, Dave and all those that chipped in to make this run happen. I also would like to say thanyou for inviting me to attend, although I did decline. But that is another dirty underhanded story.
    Ok I took a bunch of images so I will post them all with very few words.
    For Tony and I, it was an early start. My hot rod garage was open at around 5.00 a.m.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

We met up with Steve at a Gas station near Calder Park. Then travelled to the start point together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

MMMMMMMMMMM a reliability run? One should be able to rely on the directions given in the event documentation? Lost, no way; very very lost!!!!!
    A local farmer came to our rescue and pointed us in the right direction!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

On the move again we were now finding all the roads shown on our directional sheet.
    In the distance I caught sight of Billy coming up behind us in the Tina Special.
    A while later we caught up with all the other jalopies parked by the side of the road.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  29. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

More shots at the stop.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Then it was onwards and upwards, running out of fuel along the way and air leaking out of the pesky left front. But we eventually made it to a beautiful picnic area, that was jam packed with a stunning aray of ol time hot rods and there wonderfully amazing owners and friends.
    I felt privileged to be there.
    On that note I will do a few more posts with images and once again I thank all involved.
    Whoops alomst forgot. Thanks Tony, for putting up with my 'crankiness' ( now there's a word ), when things were going wrong.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014