Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hurst Racing Tires closed????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskoolrodder, Mar 14, 2014.

1. I tried calling, number not a working number and sent an email which was kicked back as undeliverable.

I would like to buy a set of tires. Anybody know how to reach these guys?

2. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Cody was/is a member here, but I can't recall his name. My guess is if they sold the business or are having some other issues he may not be able to help you anyways. Several other people have recently asked if they are out of business so maybe someone in the know will explain

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

They are just in the middle of a move. They are still open but not taking orders. I talked to them in Febuary and they said it would take a couple of months to dissemble, move and reassemble the equipment.

4. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

There was a nice set of 31" hurst slicks in the classifieds this morning

5. Thanks guys...
    Needing a set of 8x15's blackwall
    Not having much luck finding any in classifieds.

6. Cody is hotrodrubber but he hasn't been on here since June so was curious what happened to the guys...

7. spiertb

spiertb

If you need a set quickly I bought a set of slicks from Towel City, sent a money order and had them in less than 2 weeks. Syl

8. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Same here. Had a set from Towel City in about a week or so. Great to deal with too!

9. I need them to be a minimum of 30" diameter. Only The Hurst and BFG's appear to be over 30" in diameter the others I have seen, towel city seem to be only 28 1/2
    Or something close.

10. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

I would buy Firestones a much better tire, I got 1,000 miles out of my Hurst tires and the retread cracked real bad and went flat. Called them they did nothing!!! I hope you have better luck,as for me I now ride on Firestone tires and very happy. P.S. I lead three others away from Hurst Racing tires..count that Cody,it would have paid to fix my tire.

11. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I have heard things about Hurst tires too. A buddy told me to check out Towel City too. Might have to do that.
    Jay

Baumi likes this.
  12. fordcpe

fordcpe

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

As Rottenleonard said, the lease was ended by the building owner, so they're moving. I talked with Steve a couple months ago and he said they were looking at numerous possible sites, but hadn't found one at that time.

14. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I bet towel city would recap a specific tire case you supplied also , worth a call ... I have Read very good stuff about their product..

15. afaulk

afaulk

Realizing it will cause a shit storm, I must say that everyone needs to buy a set of recaps. It builds character and will give you something to compare to a good tire.

16. Radir has a 32 inch tall tire. I have gotten great life out of their tires. They hook great. The tires they sell are new. I have seen recaps come apart. If recaps wrre so good our land fills would not be full of tires.

17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I doubt it, unless your particular choice fits their mold. Recap tire molds are set at certain diameters, and aren't adjustable. So when you have a certain diameter mold, it takes certain diameter and width tire casing to fit the mold. Using just any casing will create a tire that's either got too much, or too little rubber on it. Not much leeway, and that's why those who build pie crust caps know exactly what tire brands and sizes will work with their molds, and wont deviate from those.

18. fms427

fms427

Yep - been that way since way back.......In the early 60's worked at a station that sold a lot of retreads - a lot came apart, too. Personally had one separate at high speed coming home from the drag strip. Yep, it was on the car on the strip.........I wasn't very smart then.....:D

19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

20. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I love my Towel City's.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

22. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

M&H's own website only lists the sizes available at Coker so I would assume that's all they have for now

23. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

M&H list one Diameter/Height…28 inches tall.

24. I do like the M&H but I have certain things I am looking for. I want to stay with the black wall I currently have, I want to keep the same rake I have I.E. 30" tall tires and keep the same skinny tire look I have now. This being the case, I called Radir yesterday, no 8x15's in stock only 9x15's and they need a wider rim than I have and all of their tires are white walls requiring them to be blacked out and flipped. Towel city and M&H and both only 28" +/- so... I have decided for me, I am going to go with the BF Goodrich Dragster 8.20x15 blackwall. Option then is Speedway or Coker, since Coker give alliance discount that is who I plan to call tomorrow and hope like hell I can get them before leaving for the round up.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  25. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

There's something on everyone . . .

I called Radir in July of 2012 for a pair of 8.20-15 and they told me 2-3 months out. Didn't care because my dragster was a handful of parts and a shipping tube of chromoly. Called in November and they told me "couple of weeks".

February of 2013 I cancelled my order because I had completely finished my dragster and I still didn't have any tires. Bought M&H Racemasters for cheaper from Jegs and they were in stock. :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm digging that :D

I'll have to buy a set when I'm needing slicks the next time around.

What are the diameters?

26. in 2012 radir was buying the molds from micky thompson and moving them east. they are now in total control of production now and these long wait times should no longer happen. keep in mind rich does not make the tires on his farm. his hands get tied up at times to waiting on suppliers. still the best tire out there. see my car with them on in this months cover car. car culture deluxe. the orange coupe.

27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

28 inches

28. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

I heart my Hurst Blackwall Slicks. I'd buy em again. Got great service from Cody. No problems with quality. Hope they get resituated, and back to business as usual.

Klr2 likes this.
  29. We are an authorized Towel city dealer...Towel city makes tires up to 29.5 and has tires in both 15 and 16" check out the sizes, styles and the new matching front runners at www.kellyshotrodparts.com all our tires prices include shipping....

Attached Files: