Register now to get rid of these ads!

Doc's annual Lonestar Roundup give away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doc., Mar 14, 2014.

1. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Well boys and girls,It's almost that time again. Most of you know that i try to give away some swag at the Roundup each year. I usually lean toward awesome art, but really the prize only has two firm criteria. 1) It must be cool. 2) It must be something that I would like to have in my own collection. I search every year to find something that I think would have wide appeal to most hoodlums.

I was struggling this year to come up with the perfect swag until I saw a post that Ryan had made recently. It was a post about vintage tether cars and it hit 16 pages in 3 days. I never knew how many people loved those things. So I set out to find a HAMB worthy one for the Roundup giveaway. I was able to secure a beautiful original 1950's McCoy tether car in original condition. It's a pretty awesome little car. Mark 55 will be along shortly with some pictures.

The rules are the same as past years. Get a ticket from Ryan at the Jalopy Journal booth, or from me at the HAMB meet and greet ( time to be determined). It is free and never costs anything to participate. Hope to see everyone soon at my favorite show of the year. Good luck.

Doc.

2. Amazing. :cool:
    Lookin' forward to seeing your smiling face, my friend. :)

3. jerry

jerry

4. Now it really sucks that I can't be there this year!!!

Once again, Very gracious of you Doc!

5. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

I showed up 3 minutes too late last year! I'll make it this time. Your giveaways are always the coolest.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Once again, amazing giveaway Doc.

7. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

8. mark 55

mark 55

Here you go!

Attached Files:

9. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Mark.

10. man-o-man....is that some swagggg....cool dadi-o....

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

sunamabeech, that'sa neat...I heart doc.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. 33Tudor

33Tudor

That is way too cool!!! I always forget the meet & greet, though!! :-(

13. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Now that is KQQL...

14. Firefly

Firefly

You never know whose smiling face you are going to see at Doc's famous giveaways. Sadly not mine this year, but i'll keep my fingers crossed for you taking this away Earl ;)

15. As always Doc's generosity has no bounds,always a cool Roundup give away. HRP

16. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

That's pretty darn cool Doc! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

17. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Doc, great choice for the giveaway and a big thank you for doing this every year!!....look forward to seeing you at the LSR.........Joe

18. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Hey Doc.
    It's lucas doolin, new caretaker of your Fred Cain 40 coupe. Wanted to ask you for Fred's address (tel, email, etc.) when you have time - as well as the particulars of the build. You were most gracious to involve Fred in the effort and, as I see from your posts, that character trait runs constantly true. I'm always amazed at the confluence of taste. I've been into tether type cars forever, and have quite a few of the newer 60s Cox models. If I could only find a Dooling! I also enjoyed your HAMB post from years past concerning a mega car ware/house. BTW, when you have time, go to Bing, type in "ralph turnberg" (HAMB emeritus) and up will pop Ralph's "Forty Below" R&C feature. Go to Page 2, scroll down to "Tale of Inspiration" I wrote on Ralph's passing. At the top of page 1 is your 40 in its first restoration stage credited to Ralph Turnberg. My uncle George Brown was assistant manager at the Beverly Airport where Fred drag raced the coupe in 1952. How strange is all that? The person who influenced my taste in cars was in turn influenced by Fred and now I have become caretaker of Fred's coupe. Small world. Wish I could make LSR but may have to wait until next year.

19. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'm glad the 40 is in good hands. It really is a special car. PM sent. See everyone next week at the Roundup.

20. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I just confirmed with the boss that the HAMB meet and greet at the Roundup will take place at noon (12:00) Saturday. It will be on the grassy knoll just down from the Jalopy Journal tent. There is usally a picnic table at that location,if they havent moved it. I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. See ya soon.

Doc.

21. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Doc; you are really one of a kind. I really look forward to seeing you every year at the round up.

22. 46stude

46stude

Really awesome!

23. 46stude

46stude

Let me rephrase that: REALLY REALLY REALLY awesome!!! :D

Thank you again, Doc.

24. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I wish I hadn't been busy at that point of the day.

25. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

26. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

He did.

27. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Again, Doc thank you for doing this super giveaway every year! Enjoyed our visit at the Roundup...........Joe

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My posse and I move a picnic table from the eating area of the RoundUp to the Meet & Greet area each year. I hope someone did that for you this year. I'm sorry I didn't see this thread till now or I would have arranged the moving of the table for you.

So sorry to have missed the RoundUp this year. Lots going on here. Perhaps next year. xoxox

and you always fought me about attending:rolleyes: