Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '56 Thunderbird is getting fresh paint!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AndrewnTX, Mar 10, 2012.

1. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Thanks Mike!

Thank you, I am enjoying the stock cruiser look but I know it won't be long before the '56 is back on some sort of hot rod wheels.... as you see in the pic the '61 Econoline is having a hard time returning the "borrowed" PS Engineering wheels lol..

Thank you, glad you like it. The continental kit is serving duty in the house up high in an art niche..

Just fabbed up a little bracket to mount the license plate in the recess where the continental kit used to be mounted. All the OE holes and captured nuts were left as built so I used the lowermost pair to mount the plate bracket. I wanted the plate to float in the space, parallel to the valance so the bracket is just a 2x1 alum tube hidden behind and arranged to position the plate in the right spot.

Attached Files:

2. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

3. blackT-Bird

blackT-Bird
    from Bally, Pa

That is one sweet looking T-Bird! I like the color, too.

4. thunderplex

thunderplex

1955 front and rear bumpers are the same.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Thanks BlackT-Bird!

Since paint last year, I have continued to turn wrenches on the 56...

[​IMG]
    IMG_2231 by AndrewnTX, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_2159 by AndrewnTX, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_2175 by AndrewnTX, on Flickr

6. Car looks fantastic. One of these days i'm gonna have one to. Love those.

7. Sort of...same stamping, different hole locations for the brackets.

Looks great! I have all the parts to lighten up the ass end of mine now. Can't wait to get started. Your 'Bird looks great Andrew.

Sent VIA top secret BIGREDTODD Mobile HQ

8. missysdad1

missysdad1

I saw the car in person at Goodguy's today and it looks even better in the tin than in the pictures. Nice to meet you, AndrewnTX!

9. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

BIGREDTODD, I think you will like it much better. I will say, I was hesitant to do it, but I really like the end result so much better. And I have all the bits and parts and pieces should anyone in the future want to reverse it, they can. Glad you like the end result!

As some interesting info, RideTech brings their scale load cells to GoodGuys, opens them up to anyone who wants to drive on and get the front to rear and side to side figures for their ride. Attached are the results of my car today, w/ hardtop, no driver. (did have tools, lawn chairs and ice chest in the trunk)
    Total weight: 3363 lbs
    LF/RF: 827/832
    LR/RR: 862/842
    Distribution Front to Rear: 49.33%/50.67%

missysdad1, thank you for the very kind compliments!! And thanks for stopping by to say hello today!

Attached Files: