Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1966 F100 "FE" Powered Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TimeWarpF100, Jun 2, 2011.

1. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Finally was able to remove box from truck, so I could start the body work on it. I was able to move it to shop with the help of a few friends and get it set on a cart. Hoping friday it will be back on track. I have been sick now for months so really put me behind on my projects.

Not quite the OSHA approved way to move box but got-er-done.

Pics in a bit.

If anyone is looking for a nice truck see the classifieds for my 65.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8370153#post8370153

2. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Box on cart. Excited to be back on project. It will be 13yrs on Feb 1 2013 since I bought the truck. This has been a super long wait. Its been out of site for over a year now just itchin' to be able to work on it.

Got hit with a nasty case of Valley Fever back in June so still dealing with that but at least I can get around now.

Pics as the box looks today. Hopefully more progress updates soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got to chuckle at the last pic . . . Truck was much too difficult to get out of storage so with some help lifted box off by hand then flipped it and set on tailgate. A couple friends held up one end and walked it about 250' to the cart that was waiting. Loose pea gravel made it difficult to move any other way. Sold my trailer so that was out . . .

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  3. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Actually making progress on the box! Getting ready to fit the box floor.

Unfortunately there was some minor rust under the front crossmember (box floor)

I am also going to fab up the new box floor sections fore and aft of the wheelhouses. Ford sure used some heavy gauge metal back then!
    Tried to do some shrinking on these sections but not worth the time, easier to make new ones.

Also seeing what size tire I can fit under the back.

Box is now laying flat on floor for a bit of fab work. Box sides are pretty much mint with zero dings~dents but not so much for inside of box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Just to make it clear on my post with tire.
    That tire is to see how large I can go. I had that tire handy so used it.
    18"

A mod deleted this entire thread possibly because of the mention of tire.

I will not be using a skinny full whitewall tire as I obvious need a bit more traction.

The wheels I will be using are stock Ford centers with a wider rim.
    Stock ford is only 5.5" wide

Still a stock ford 15" tire~wheel combo. This is wheel and cap I will be using.

Less the trim ring as they clearly do not fit right.

The wheels will be painted or powdercoated body color either white or orange, maybe black. Have not decided yet. The front wheels are 8" wide and will not fit so they will have to be narrowed to 7 or maybe 6.5's but the stock NOS ford hubcaps will be used.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

The truck in the background with the late model 18" wheels has nothing to do with this build. Complete different truck, Did not think a twin turbo'd 6 cyl would go over so well here . . . LOL

Everything about this 427 Truck build is 60's with exception of a better tire & a wider wheel.

The wheel will look something like this but with the Silver~Red cap

[​IMG]

6. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

Good to hear from you again. Glad you are doing better with the valley fever. What happened on garage journal with your other build?

7. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

The Mods on GJ are in process of bringing it back. About 1/2 of it is there now.

8. SOHC427

SOHC427

Glad to hear your doing better, and the truck looks GREAT!

Eric

9. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Thanks Eric,

Working on box now trying to get the new floor in, the floors have been obsolete for years from Ford so trying to make do.

Once the Box is painted then I can get the 482 Fired up for first time. Its ready now with valves adjusted, primed just need to drop in the dist and a bit of wiring and engine will be ready to go.

It really thru me for a loop when I needed to move 3 times in that 9 month period and across the country. Still have tools and equip in storage.

But have finally gotten back to the build now. Slow but making progress.
    Its just been sitting in storage collecting dust . . .

10. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

WAY beyond impressed........your work ethic is second to none..

11. SixtySix Ford

SixtySix Ford

Whatever happened to this truck Randy?

12. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Still have it. Was hoping to sell the semi trailer so I could afford to finish it . . .
    Hoping to get back on it soon.
    What happened to you? you Seemed to have disappeared.

13. SixtySix Ford

SixtySix Ford

Yeah I wish I could still buy it....

well between life and work it happens. :( ......Somedays your the bug and somedays your the windshield.....and somedays your both.

14. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

After moving 3 Times in a 9 Month Period then having some serious health issues I am finally planning on getting back on this project.

Going on 2 yrs now that I got a nasty case of Valley Fever. It got into my lower legs, Its still not gone away, still have issues but hoping I can get over the hump and back on to projects.

I bought this truck February 1st of 2000. Its been far too long now. Its either finish it or sell it. I prefer the finish and keep it.

After spending a couple days at Scottsdale GoodGuys it got me a bit motivated.

In between all this I also made a small addition to shop so I could better organize all the parts I have.

About those missing pictures . . . I am now on post 87 re-linking them all and hoping to have all the picture links fixed in next couple days.

The unfinished box has been in middle of my garage floor for 2yrs now just collecting dust and taking up space. Time to get back on it.

I will also be adding more photo's. I have added a bunch to prior posts.

Enough getting side tracked with different projects too.

15. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

You had done some nice work. Hope you can finish it to your expectations!

16. ezdusit

ezdusit

Man, I am s--o-o-o-o glad you're back. You do such beautiful work. Let's pray your recovery continues.

17. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Thanks!

The recover has taken a few steps back this week but just gotta some how some way finish this truck!

Its been far too long since I worked on it. Running out of excuses . . .

Thought I would share this pic as one of last ones taken before it was stuffed in corner waiting on me .

Just looking thru photo's gives me a bit of motivation.

[​IMG]

18. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

thats a hell of a build so far.. thats one of the best body style trucks ford ever made, in my eyes... i have had two 64's and a 65, And i still just cant get enough of those front front fenders, the back of the cab and the interior!

19. ChefMike

ChefMike

metal looks to be in great shape, very cool

20. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Update on Beams:

After I purchased my beams it seems something changed and now are shipping 2 beams the same so they do not fit right and left.

With the issue I had with DJM i would never go that route either.

Both companies have a horrible setup for tie rod relocation.

When I need another set I will simply make my own beams!
    Another project is awaiting them . .

21. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Just one post about the health issue & I will be done with it. It has really caused a issue with trying to get anything done for past couple years now.

Almost 2yrs ago right at the point I started to get back on this project our family made a trip to California. On the way home we ran into this, pulled into the gas station. Rest of family got out I stayed in truck for a bit. I am reasonably sure it is where~how I picked up the Valley Fever. Messed up lungs (which are now clear) and then it got into my legs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At the worst point this was my leg.

[​IMG]

This past week as soon as I mentioned 427 Truck build had a bit of a relapse.

This morning it looked like this. Much better than at the worst point but still a turn for the worst.

[​IMG]

Hopefully the one good thing about it is maybe it will keep me on task to finish it now that it has been so long I have been unable to work on it.

22. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Back on track . . .

I now have restored all the prior picture links in this thread the best I can. PhotoBucket changed all the file names so just linked back what I could and also added a few along the way.

This is where I am now at with box.

The box has been sitting in middle of shop floor since November 21, 2012.
    Its about high time I get back on it.

Any photo's one might see in background are of a non HAMB friendly truck and in no way related to this 427 Project truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

24. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

This is what basic truck looks like now less box.

The tires seen on truck are just rollers and not part of this truck.

[​IMG]

25. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Why did you leave the hole on the passenger side of the transmission tunel? I've had several 61 to 66 f 100 ( still have one) and I don't recognize that hole! .....love your build and all your trucks,....is that mustang yours too(1970 I think?)

26. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

That is a "Factory" hole but only if you had a automatic transmission. The hole was put there by Ford if the Automatic transmission box was checked. It is for access to adjust the transmission band and to better access the pressure port.

There was a nub in floor where a template would be laid over then traced and the worker cut hole with a torch, A stamped piece was then installed over hole so of course if it was needed the dealership would have better access.

A couple pics of stamped piece that goes over hole.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes the Orange car is a 1970 Boss 302

A pic of transmission for 1965, 1966 was the same. They had the cruise o matic

Trans before the C-6

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  27. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

note where band adjustment and pressure tap is on that particular transmission

[​IMG]

28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

29. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Another year has gone by since I signed in. Still have the project.
    It was 15yrs of ownership on Feb 1st this year.

This is where I am at right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

It will be using these valve covers not the Aluminum CJ's.

I had these Mercury scripted covers show chromed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]