Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Somethin unusual here...i know since couple years abut this Tatra (czech car) that supposed to be racing in the modern La Carrera Panamericana but i could'nt find the car..
    i have leads about the previous owner and a town in Mexico where is probably hidden away and im dying to know the current owner actually but no luck so far...if anybody knows or remembers this car please step on
    i would love to know more about this one...perhaps some US fellas that raced the Carrera remember it...thanks in advance!!!

Attached Files:

Pacorro and rjones35 like this.
  2. sled

sled

4. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

(It's in Boston, auction to benefit American Cancer Society, current bid $800.). End hijack - I like Sled's stuff.

5. sled

sled

6. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

I'll keep my eyes open If I have any lead I'll let you know. I remember the car, quite unusual, I also attended to that Queretaro show where you took the picture.
    Regards
    Fernando

7. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

Hey, Sled,
    If you ever get a chance to drive that Tatra, be VERRRRY careful--
    that V8 with swing axles makes special handling habits.
    Imagine a long, tall VW Bug with a V8 in the trunk.

8. George

George

Yup! Poor handling killed lots of German officers in WWII!:eek::cool:

9. sled

sled

Hola Fernando,very much appreciate it ..I feel is still sitting in some garage in beautiful San Miguel de Allende,as fair know
    Thanks in advance

10. sled

sled

Hey Harry ,thanks for the good advice..good to know,I never tought the handling was so poor,I knew it wasn't much but your news are keeping away from ever wanting to drive such thing...I'm just interested to know the history of this car,and with this poor handling news I wonder what's the owner was thinkin on trying to race ( he might did too ) the infamous Panamericana..looks like a complete suicide mission from the start

Pacorro likes this.
  11. sled

sled

I see,scary stuff

12. Yes, the Czechs didn't need direct conflict with the Germans. They left Tatras around for the Germans to do themselves in.:D

13. sled

sled

Its been a while and lately im very busy with other projects but lets update a bit the junk thread..
    During the last year Panamericana Race we arrived in the city of Leon,Guanajuato state to do the service to our 54 Lincoln and while there this cool Caddy approached us and we started to chat a bit..
    those fellas did had a workshop in town and restored this caddy themselves...
    liked the color overall..swapped numbers and off we went !!!

Attached Files:

Pacorro and kiwijeff like this.
  14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Wow what a beauty!

15. sled

sled

a cool one for the Mopar fans..Gotgas,Benzine440 please chime in...Belvedere or Fury here??
    Saw this 58 Plyma today and i was really surprized on how solid it was..sure it had a great life
    all tinded glasses including windshield ,original drivetrain..very good chrome on window frames without any pitting anywhere..
    perfect original floors,doors ,underneath and so on..i could'nt open the trunk lid,might be many more parts in there
    Its rare to see a 57/58 Plymouth hardtop and this is the first after a couple years,i realize...
    owner must have bumpers and other parts stashed somewhere else,he's paying the storage in this current place ...i will have more more news in few days if its available for sale or not,looked to me an interesting project...
    at list no rust anywhere,wich is a big plus for such Mopars

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    Pacorro likes this.
  17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Hey sled, I believe that's a '58 Belvedere coupe. A Fury would have a gold anodized grille. It appears to be a factory V8 car (V in the grille) with a correct 318 A poly. Five shift buttons indicates a Torqueflite trans. It has power steering, but no a/c - and no heater, for that matter. It's had a repaint or two, but the red inner door makes me think it's a factory Toreador Red car. I also see the outline where Belvedere side trim would go, and since it's red in that area, that makes me think it got the optional aluminum Sportone side trim instead of a painted spear.

I think we all know what this car will look like after it fixes itself. :)

[​IMG]

Pacorro, kiwijeff and Maverick Daddy like this.
  18. Cool thread. Lots of nice cars!

19. sled

sled

20. sled

sled

Here some more shots...notice the original Mopar radiator script ..cool detail

Attached Files:

21. sled

sled

Been back to this werehouse again,cause i wanted to deal the 59 Caddy convertible...but no way to find an agreement with the owner,price is just too high
    So,here more shots of the 32 Tudor sedan instead wich i did'nt asked any price,not the right time...anyway,i noticed an interesting detail here,an export tacho on,in kilometers instead of miles...a nice touch ,made for export models

Attached Files:

22. Irish

Irish

I love that green Caddy! The Plymouth is cool too! Thanks Sled.

23. sled

sled

Welcome anytime, Irish
    workin on more stuff,stay tuned amigos

24. sled

sled

Days ago a pal o mine told me that he found a 32 Vicky..did not believed him much but he sweared it was a 32 Vicky
    we bet some cash on it ,so i told him,lets go and check it out..
    this is what i saw...a 34 tudor sedan,not even a Vicky
    made jokes of him all day and in any case the car was just abandoned there for long time..somebody started to put a modern engine on it and then moved it there just for storage...years passed and nobody showed up
    a happy ending cause we got the car for scrap metal price...not that i wanted another project but hey...you gotta save them,ah!!;)

Attached Files:

25. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

It is still a nice find. Good Luck!

26. sled

sled

No doubt amigo ...hope to find more like these

27. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Find some 33-34 Ford coupes, Sled!

28. sled

sled

Im always trying to the good stuff amigo ,no matter what ...I'm following some leads currently,fingers crossed ;)

29. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I do believe those vulture pricks at Barrett/Jackson give gringos a bad name.

30. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Would this '28-'29 coupe have been an export? The visor area is totally different from U.S. versions.