Register now to get rid of these ads!

Over the winter projecton my f1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Over the winter I have installed a t5 tranny, sway bars, and radial tire's on my 52 f1.. I can't begin to say how much better this thing drives and handles all road conditions...Interstate speeds of 70-80 mph at 2600 RPM. On back roads it handles like its on rails. I softened the rear springs by removing every other leaf. I flipped the rear spring hangers lowering the center of gravity.. I also added good quality gas shocks to the front and rear. I will say these mod's were the best thing I have ever done to make my truck drive and handle so much better
    Now all that's left is to touch up some paint underneath and drive baby drive...

Attached Files:

John Heckman likes this.
  2. jbrittonjr

jbrittonjr

The exhaust pipes don't strike the rear axle?

3. No they are about 1/4 inch below the axel when its jacked up with both wheels off the ground. The clearance gets wider when the rear is loaded. they are not hooked to the rear end.

4. this is what it looks like after the updates...Before and after

Attached Files: