Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Postcards from Paradise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I still mail postcards to my friends and family.
    Been doing it most of my adult life.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. I started collecting these. I need many of them!

4. flamingokid

flamingokid

I started collecting baseball cards when I was a kid and still do.About 20 years ago I started picking up anything car,fighter plane,motorcycle,train,and Zeppelin related.Used to be a cheap thrill,now they're get hard to find.

5. jroberts

jroberts

As great as modern technology is (remember we wouldn't have the H.A.M.B. without it nor would be able to as easily track down those old parts we so desperately covet), a lot of good stuff is going by the wayside, including post cards. These LSR post cards are really great.

6. This post card of the Tommy Thompson 990 Goldenrod was sold at truck stops around Salt Lake City from the mid-50's to the 70's.

Attached Files:

7. VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE

VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE
    from Michigan

I have the same post card, it has a small bag of salt attached to it still from when it was new

8. I have one from Bonneville picturing a streamliner.. it has a small package of salt attached to it duh read all posts first

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Jive-Bomber...

Love postcards ! Have a collection of many that were sent to me through the years, plus others that I've acquired because they were cool. (See my classic Detroit Postcard on my "Chuck Miller Detroit Autorama, 2014" Thread.)

In addition, through the years since my parents have passed away, I've found postcards that I sent them from my various travels that they saved. It's neat to see what I wrote at the time they were sent, and my thoughts that were in place at the different ages that I was when they were sent.

Ah, how simpler some of those times & days were ! And, yes, if I had a time machine, I'd love to revisit some of those exact moments that I experienced in the time-period when they were written ! (Especially those from the Roger Miller "King Of The Road" Hotel in Nashville in 1972, after the Stones Concert, and, the Century Plaza Hotel, L.A., in 1971, for the ABC/Dunhill Records Convention !!)

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Maybe some of my fellow Veterans will chime in, when I say, NOTHING beats getting a letter or card from home or where ever. Yea, e-mail is quick and all that crap, but when you're away from home, tired and feeling the blues, a perfumed letter from your girl lifts the load off your shoulder.

Military life gave me a whole new respect for the hand written card or letter. My mom has all the ones I sent from over seas. Ask a Vet. The loneliest guy in the world, is the guy who didn't get a card or letter from home.

Those cards look great and would have been cool to collect.

11. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I have a collection of automotive postcards but mine are from the Indy 500, the early Can-Am races at Road America and Formula 1 races
    at Watkins Glen, N.Y.

The ones I wish I had more of are the so-called "penny" cards of rods, customs and drag cars that came out of vending machines at five & dime stores in the early '60's. I love pulling those out, a true blast from the past.

Attached Files:

12. 59 brook

59 brook

sent my kids a postcard every day while im on the power tour . always let them know i was thinking of them even when we are miles apart. they let me know as soon as they start arriving

13. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I have a set of 10-12 postcards all from Bonneville in the late 50's early 60's I was given by a friend. They are actual photo's not artwork. If I can locate them I will scan them and post them up.

14. Squablow

Squablow

Were you actually supposed to mail a postcard with a little bag of salt attached to it? I can only imagine what the post office would do if they got a postcard with a plastic baggie of small white powder/crystals today.

15. autobilly

autobilly

Got this Revell Beatnik Bandit "giant" post card the other day.
    [​IMG]

16. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

That's a keeper!