Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Just bought this '28 Ford today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickfunnycar.com, Mar 5, 2014.

?
  1. Leave as-is, just clean and detail.

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. Paint gloss black and have top made to match seat.

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. Fell in my lap and couldn't say no at the price,what I know about it is this:

'28 Brookville body w/'32 rails
    '32 grille chopped 3"
    top section of hood custom-made, connects with '34 side panels
    '32 dash, 5" drop axle, Buick drums, Ford steel wheels
    Crate 5.0 302 with alloy heads and Windsor cam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Enviro-1

Enviro-1
    from Tampa Bay

Wow what a sweet ride!! Nice score. Is the picture on the drag strip recent?

3. I think a few years back, not even sure where it was taken...here's a few more:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have the top and side frames, I'd like to get the top covered and powdercoat the frame and I'm thinking about shooting it gloss black.

4. redzula

redzula

Awesome. I want to do that hidden key bit in my car. Although now everyone here knows about it lol. Sweet ride

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

6. ty johnson

ty johnson

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looks like a really fun ride and kinda cool too...

8. Thanks, previous owner was a machinist/metal worker by trade and was a perfectionist...lots of custom touches all around the car and the heated seats and heater are a nice touch.

He was a tenant of my dad's and recently passed away so the car really fell into my lap.

Like I mentioned, I have the top and side frames and plan on having those powdercoated and a top to match the seat made...I'm also considering gloss black, what do you guys think about that? :rolleyes:

9. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

How about a better picture of the engine compartment/firewall. It looks like he did a good job putting in the sbf.

10. Sorry, this is the best one I have taken in a very crowded shop and it doesn't really show much, will get better ones posted soon! ;)
    [​IMG]

11. brady1929

brady1929

wow, awesome hot rod

12. Holy cow! :eek: that is just cool. HRP

13. Jason455

Jason455

Gloss black with a top would make it better. Nice car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Can not argue against shiny black paint on a roadster. That would be my first choice for color.

Neal

15. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Beautiful! Congrats!!

16. Just so everyone knows this was Don Kendall's car who recently passed, he was famous for the Corvair-powered Roadster he built circa 1970-71:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don was a talented craftsman...R.I.P. Don Kendall.

17. Saddle tan top and seats? 1940 Ford maroon. What is it called? Claret? Claret maroon.

18. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Wow that is awesome!

19. verde742

verde742

What a nice gift.. enjoy, you're the care taker now,, I love it !! use it for good, not for evil.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  20. verde742

verde742

Do you know where Kendall's T is now?

Man I am so old and slow, I just realized this was Don Kendall's MODEL A,, I tought you were introducing his "T" to newbies.

I would drive it, enjoy it, and change nuthin' Maybe a snap-on tonneu cover w/ a zipper down the middle. I think it would be hard to make a top look correct...IMO

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  21. I voted for the gloss black and top. Make it yours. No disrespect meant for the builder.

22. No idea...don't think Don did either.

23. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a thread on the Corvair powered "T" on here in the last week. Should be pretty easy to find. The guy who has it now wants to "get 650 HP out of It". Just a warning.

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

With the reputation of the builder you just gotta know this one was put together right. Neat car, congratulations................I would be very careful making any changes.

Frank

25. henry29

henry29

Something just seems really odd to me.

How does a car built that well by a guy who was just on here posting a week ago fall into your lap at a price so cheap you couldn't say no to it?

26. Nothing odd...Don passed suddenly and since he rented a shop from my dad, I had the inside track and while there was certainly activity on the car,one deal for more money fell through and I was in the right place at the right time with cash in hand and well...you know how that story goes.

There was another interested party in-route when I closed the deal...

27. henry29

henry29

It just seemed odd to me that the family would sell his car within a week of his passing for what i assume was a lot less than what it was worth.

It is a very well built car.

28. His sister flew out from Chicago to settle his affairs, he had several vehicles and various machinery and they basically sold everything off.

It is a very well sorted out car with lots of trick pieces...most of which I haven't even discovered yet!

29. henry29

henry29

If it were me, I would paint it a real deep maroon.

Did you know him? Did he have any other plans for the car?