Register now to get rid of these ads!

What does your spouse think about this hobby.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rebstew187, Mar 4, 2014.

1. rebstew187

rebstew187

I'm pretty lucky. My wife likes to be right in the mix of this stuff. She is even learning to weld and bend metal. Most of the guys I know have this reaction from their wife.

[​IMG]

2. Kinda like sex! Get away from me with that thing!

3. Stretchmobile

Stretchmobile
    from So Cal

My wife brings pictures of my projects to her work to show the guys. She is who bought tickets to GNRS for me this year and got the tickets to NASCAR race at Autoclub Speedway. She also helped me bend the tubes for my latest project. My ex had no part in it and is one of the reason's, but not the most important one, she is an ex.

4. no wife , but every women i have been involved with loved riding along to car events....but somehow they just didn't think i should be spending time and money on the cars. where do they think they come from? maybe that's why i'm not married..amongst other reasons

5. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Been married to her for 42 years, I guess shes alright with it. LOL

6. She tolerates me :rolleyes: but loves (OUR) cars. LOL

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

She has her hobbies, I have mine...

8. Lexi

Lexi

my wife dont like that i spend so much time in the garage and that our yard is full of cars and parts..worst for her when my daughter come in with oily fingers and dirty cloth... but when its finish she enjoy the ride
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. pressuredrop

pressuredrop
    from mesa AZ

My wife loves it. Her dad and uncle are hot rodders, so its in her blood too. The only problem i have is that she gets upset when we miss out on shows because our latest project isn't running yet.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

10. LAROKE

LAROKE

I don't have a gal friend right now but I'm savin' up fer a real nice un'

11. Ole don

Ole don

Cars. Me. One and the same. She knew that going in and its been a wonderful 26 years in April.

12. My wife has always been good with it.

13. redzula

redzula

Started in HS with OT ricers and she would roll her eyes and didn't really like it now 12 years later (married 4) she can't wait for good guys every year. She has her own car too (still learning the 3 on the tree). She even let's me go out to the shop sometimes lol. But I don't think she will ever join me out there.

14. Are you kidding'?

She loves it! HRP

[​IMG]

15. redzula
    Mine started under a shade tree with me over 40 years ago. We skipped school on a Thursday and went cruising around in her car. She showed up on Saturday morning at my house I was tunning my '55 Ford gasser. She pulled a pair of coveralls out of her trunk and some donuts. Leaned over the fender and says, "Whatcha doin?" spent the day keeping me company and went home. Her and her dad show up in my pit on Sunday, with a bag of burgers, her coveralls and a smile.

It gets better, the following Friday we had our first real date. I was a little tweeked because girls scare the hell out of me. I picked her up on a Norton Atlas. Our town had two stoplights one on the west bound road, and one on the east bound road. We got stopped at one of them, she is talking to me in my ear. The light turns green and I take off. As I am crossing the intersection her voice seems to be getting farther away. I remember thinking to myself , "maaaan that's good dope!!!' and I look over my shoulder, there she stands in the crosswalk. I spun around and go back, she jumps on and I say you better hold on a little tighter. We were 16, got married that same year. We will be 60 this year.

HRP she is still hot after all these years. You got lucky friend.

16. rebstew187

rebstew187

As I stated above the wife is right in the mix of it in the garage. Here she is working on her 27 RPU.
    [​IMG]

17. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Great story PnB. Congrats.

18. Model T1

Model T1

Mine loves it! We're both older than dirt. Been married since late 1957 and had my first project by the spring of 1958, a Model A coupe. Now that I think about it my wife has never really worked on any of my car junk. Been a goefer a lot and held a few nuts and bolts. But mostly she's there to bring me food and drink and loves telling her friends she knows where I'm at most of the time.
    She's with me at all cruise-ins, car shows, junk yards, and on extended vacations with our old cars. I guess she likes my hobby!
    Wife is the one on the right but I'll take them both!

Attached Files:

19. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

No wife , but my Dog Likes my Cars and Motorcycles

Attached Files:

20. fsae0607

fsae0607

My wife loves cruising around in my truck. I try my best to divvy up my weekends between house repairs/daily driver maintenance/project car work. While I'm working in the garage she likes to come and hang out and chat while I work. She'll also make me lunch sometimes.

21. mrobvious34

mrobvious34
    from Canyon, TX

When I met my girlfrind she knew nothing about cars (one time she asked me what the pipe thingy was for underneath the back of her car) and she had absoultly no intrest in my cars. Now after being around me she likes the cars shows and has somewhat of an intrest in them now, she even asked me if it would take her with me to the LSRU this year. Now she wants one of her own, but like a typical woman she want something expensive like a 57 thunderbird

22. porky55

porky55

My wife loves it! She was a mechanic's kid. Now she is full into the shows and classics. We're even building her own. 1393957393812.jpg
    This is her with my car. She got pin-up maternity photos. 1393957473005.jpg

23. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Been married 44 years. Sold my first car to buy her engagement ring (rings were cheaper then). Problem I have is that she's the one wanting to buy the cars. She bought me a 50 Ford f-1 for my birthday 7 years ago. It was a surprise, if I had known, I would have told her about the 32 five window coupe that I was watching on ebay. Don't get me wrong, I have had a lot of fun with the truck. We turned it into Tow Mater. She wanted the 63 Plymouth Valiant like the one we had when we got married. We found one 3-4 years ago. She also wanted the 57 nomad that we bought 7 years ago. She drove it 6 months before we started the restoration. It's still apart. I think she's ready to sell it. When your wife gets into them as much as you do, you can't work on yours until you do hers. And, if I want another car, I have to sell one or two first. One last thing, she let me build a 28 x 44 garage 2 years ago. She's a good wife!

24. desotot

desotot

My wife likes the hobbie enough to tent in the parking lot at the Spokane swap meet.

[​IMG]

25. jesse1980

jesse1980

She loves it. Keeps me home and out of bars and in trouble.

26. She tolerates me and this obsession. She'll help me out in the garage when an extra hand is needed, she'll push me to finish a project or a vehicle when I'm getting fed up with it.
    She studied accounting in college so she's minds the money. Tells me when to spend and when not to spend. I'd bankrupt us otherwise.
    The 32 roadster is hers. She's in charge of how we're going to finish it. Color, upholstery, it's all on her plate and she wants it finished now....this year.
    That car has been on the back burner for 10 years. All my fault she says.
    When I sold her rose colored '36 Ford it was like giving away our child in her mind. I still hear about that 3 years later.
    She is a car junkie. Watches all the car shows on TV. Goes to car shows and goes on rod runs with me.
    On the other side though, she loves gardening, doing the beach, vacationing away from home, collecting thing that seem foreign to me.
    She not into cars 24/7 as bad as I am but does enjoy them.
    Mia tells me the most fun she had was last summer while doing the reliability run with the Ty-Rods Club in her 32 Ford. It was better than a day at the beach she keeps telling me.
    She also loves hanging with her friends at the local cruise nights and meeting new folks there.
    She hates swap meets. "Walking around with your face towards the ground looking at rusty metal" she calls it.
    She tells me I'm OCD with this hobby and I know she's right, but we've been married for 44 years and she still hasn't totally given up on cars or me.

Attached Files:

27. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Waiting for one of the wives to reply that she doesn't object to her husband providing her with vehicles to drive. Mine has her couch and tv and has no clue what I'm doing most days. Too bad, but it's much quieter in the shop that way.

28. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

My wife was really into it at first, but my constant buying, selling and trading soured her on it somewhat. I like to enjoy something for awhile and move on to something different from time to time. She gets emotionally attached and cries when they leave... She still enjoys riding in whatever I have at the time, but she's very guarded with her enthusiasm now. My bad I guess.

29. Beano,thank you....I met Brenda when she was 14 and we have been inseparable ever since!

We are no both in our 60's and we spent many a weekend at junk yards and wearing out the streets just cruising around.

Both of us enjoy the cars and the people. HRP

30. Mine loves it. I tease her that I've had my '56 Fairlane longer (got it in '68) than I 've had her ('got' her in '74) but she's okay with that too.

We spend a lot of time in that car - but nowadays more in the front seat. . . :rolleyes: