Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can you help identify...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mt94ss, Mar 4, 2014.

1. mt94ss

mt94ss

These old pieces?

One of my friend's mother died and they are going through the stuff that her husband had. I am trying to help them our and have searched online trying to find out what these things are. I figured that there are some here who would know.

The chrome bar looks like it is for a trunk. There are license plate lamps under the cupped places and what looks like a key hole.
    [​IMG]

This box looks like relays of some sort. Maybe not auto related? The are wooden.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a cool ratcheting jack.
    [​IMG]

This is a special wrench...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any of these tools look familiar?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help is appreciated. I'd hate to scrap them if they are legit tools that would help out a vintage build of some sort. Looks like tools from 20s-40s era.

2. 2 and 3 are Model T Ford coils. 7 are wheel pullers for wood wheels. The last are impact pullers. Screw them on and whack with a BFH. A couple of them have been used to excess

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

1949 Nash tail lights

[​IMG]

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The special wrench carries a Ford 3Z part number...it can be identified in the tool section of a Model T parts book (which I don't happen to have here). Examine the pullers and any other funny looking metal for these Z numbers,,,Ford supplied a lot of special tools for the T.
    I suspect the jack is early AA, perhaps TT...flip top is for the height difference between front and rear axles.

5. Google came up with this from another site (http://www.papawswrench.com/)...

FORD (script) 3Z601- - 11.5" offset open end wrench for flywheel cap screw used only Oct. 1917 thru Apr. 1918

6. mt94ss

mt94ss

That's why I love this site.

I was thinking the lights were Hudson or similar, didn't think of Nash. Thanks.

I'll see if I can find an AA or T owner that would like some tools.

Thanks for all the information. I know that this stuff is old for me. The knowledge of what these are and how they are used is important to keep alive.

Almost like knowing how to set points/dwell or adjusting a carb is to kids now.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Did you notice that you have four sets of points to adjust on the coil pack??
    I'm sure there's a real spec, but the traditional setting was the thickness of a "thin dime"...also obsolete, since only real silver dimes wear thin.
    Real T mechanics would analyze the points by the sound they made buzzing open and closed...

8. You might consider posting those T parts & tools over on the Ford Barn, there's a lot of folks over there that might be interested in them.

9. 73RR

73RR

The last item(s) are what I grew up calling 'knockers'. As Carl says, screw them on and smack 'em with a bfh to loosen things like tie-rod ends.

10. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

I'd keep the knockers for further use ... dress the worn places for safety.

11. 1928Fordman

1928Fordman

The flip top jack is NOT an AA Ford. The AA's came with a jack very similar to that one but they did not have the flip top.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!