Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features traditional t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merles_garage, Feb 23, 2012.

1. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

I just picked these US Royals up last month, 820-15, 560-15...impatiently waiting for wire wheels to be done/shipped. Hopefully they won't look too clowny, from what I've seen they shouldn't.

[​IMG]

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I can think of a couple of track roadsters out of the Bat Area back in the forties that had louvered doors, but I think it was more to dissipate heat from the cockpit. I would hardly call it "traditional" as it didn't happen commonly, but it could be cool.

3. inkstain27

inkstain27

I'm digging it

4. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Yeah I was just wondering on street cars if that had ever been done because I had not seen it. I'm not sure what it would look, I will see if I can find some pics.

Thanks louvers!

5. purple

purple

keep it comin'

6. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

5.60X15 front 8.20X15 rear

Attached Files:

7. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

Dude your car looks killer! Are you going to be in Austin with it?

8. inkstain27

inkstain27

Thanks Cory, that's the plan. been driving it around town as much as possible trying to put some shake down miles on it before April gets here. New tires for the front came in yesterday, going to get them mounted today.

9. inkstain27

inkstain27

Got my new front wheels and tires installed today

5.60-15's

[​IMG]

10. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Love that Bucket! What is the color? Is it sitting on an A frame? The back of the car right where the body meets the bed, tell me more about that area? Looks or reminds me of a Turtle deck having been there.

11. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

much better! ...not that it was all that horrible before

12. inkstain27

inkstain27

Thanks CoronetRTguy, The color is 1960 chevy cascade green. The front part of the frame from the cowl forward is model A, with a model A rear crossmember and 2x3 steel in-between. I'm not sure if the body was original roadster with a deck or original Roadster pickup body. I got the bed and body together

The day I Got it home

[​IMG]

Hot Rod Nut likes this.
  13. inkstain27

inkstain27

Thanks, I think the "little's" up front was one of the finishing touches it needed

14. GEGE

GEGE

finish it and see you at the lars.

Attached Files:

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Saw that T in R&C, Nice work. Is it yours?

16. GEGE

GEGE

17. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I love that bucket!

One of the few I have seen in the modern mags that made me stop and devour the article. I still have that magazine on stack of T bucket stuff to model my car after.

I really love your bucket. I think when I got the R&C issue with your car on the cover I sent in my subscription that night.

18. GEGE

GEGE

it was a little over 3 years to do. a few body panels to the scrap until the body was good enough for me to continue.There were a few times that there was a few months I could not touch it from burnout but thankfull for friends I finally get er done.
    I am too finiky so I redid probably almost everything I had done the first time again.

19. flopalotofit

flopalotofit

I got my glass body from speedway, and its very small but ive been driving it for 12 years now. No doors, no top...never had-em never will. Im 6-2 290 and 64 years old. Im ready to part with it soon ready to move on to my next build. its a 1950 Willys Jeepster, S10 frame and 350/350. Smoother ride, no suicide axle, doesn't need 10 bars to keep it pointed in the right direction,wont scrub the drain plug out of the oil pan, room for my ol'lady, roll bars and a canvas top to get out of the sun. Keep the rubber side down !

20. verde742

verde742

Chip, In my humble opinion, the lack of money, or the excess of money, seems to cloud peoples vision,, With your talents, personality and people extensions? (is that legal)

Why the heck can't you BARTER your way to the success fulfillment you desire for your car, trade work Man and move along, Make a readable blueprint, give it to competent people, fulfillment, instant gratification. 168 hours in a week, all of us want things, Get trades for short jobs you want done. Broke is a wore out word for talented people like you. Decide what the value of both jobs, use money to equalize the trade, before they begin. and stay the course..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  21. verde742

verde742

This car belong to Lonnie Gilbertson from Portland, Ore. Won sweeps, two years, same car, lots of stuff different, > fender configurations : instead of aprons had 4 exhaust, pipes snaking around and out the side, under running brds, Don't try to use Lonnie's for a clone, he is much too talented and a shop worth millions, probably.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I like your thinking. I love my T. No top and all. I'm 6'3" and 180 and a T Bucket is the only hot rod I genuinely love. When things get better, I'm thinking a '27 or a '53-'54 Chevy. But I'll always have the Bucket. It's just too much damn fun.

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nah, I know of Lonnie Gilbertson and his abilities! No, what I was referring to was the general T-Bucket with fenders thing that made a splash in the mid seventies for a few years. It didn't last long as a "fad", but there were several put together in the say '72-'76 time frame.

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Seems like in the early/mid 70's MPC made a few fendered T kits....good, bad or indifferent, it takes me back.

25. verde742

verde742

it could go either turtle deck, touring, or pickup. Look close at stockers and pickups have a Ford pcs. filler there. I 've seen several trucks that have that piece bolted in place.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  26. inkstain27

inkstain27

I thought of putting one of those on mine, but don't think it will fit the space that exists now. Still think I might make a filler for it someday. Jury is still out on it.

27. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I'm on a quest to find pics of a T that I think was built before our religious cut off date of 64, but may have been done in later 60's, I think it might have been a Woods build as it resembled his style of low slung super wide stance. It had a similar wheel tire set up like in the ICE T only instead of a modified C cab style body it was a T bucket, I'm thinking it was brown metallic with gold crush velvet interior. It was in several mags, and on the show circuit for a few years if I remember correctly.. Anyway if this rings a bell and somebody has pics I sure would love to see them.. The wheels and tires are a sure give away, I think they where Goodyear Indy car tires, super wides on all 4's. So all you show rod T guys sorry to inturupt your nostalgia T happenens, but if it was built before 64 will it still qualify? Because it was pretty cutting edge techno for its time....

28. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I just looked up the Ice T and it is very interesting look. I'm sure someone here will know the car you are talking about and will have a link or pictures of it. This site always amazes me how fast someone knows what car, year and when it was built and who built. The information is awesome here!

If I see anything like what you said above I will post it up.

29. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

That's cool thanks! I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, Woods cars always tripped my trigger for some reason. Being traditional I.E. Ivo, or Normie, is what this thread seems to be about. I just figured bucket heads may remember what car I was in reference too.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

No worries and it was not a hijack of the thread. I know someone will chime in with the answer and pics to the Bucket you are looking for.

The guy who runs Tbucketplans.com might know of the car you might want to contact him too.