Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. TomH

TomH

Wow!!! I can't believe how good this Mercury looks after setting all these years. Most Chevys that show up after setting dormant all this time the doors are falling off cause the wood is gone. Lucky for you your family has kept it inside. I know you want to keep as a survivor but I sure would be tempted to lower the suspension a couple of inches.

2. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

X2. On lowing it a little bit , body looks great nice to see something besides a ford

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Chevy bodies are nice, unfortunately with the wood sub frame not many survived.

Ago

4. Paul B

Paul B

looking good

5. the garages that it has been stored in have been "high and dry"
    as far as lowering it, i have always liked it where it is, but lowering it might be it's next "change".

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. at the hight it is right now, driving here in new england, is no problem!:)
    as far as not being a ford, i do feel out of place here.:cool:

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. the wood as a whole is pretty solid, i have started to replace the bottom piece of wood for the rumble lid. and change out the piece, just below the lid.

ct1932ford and volvobrynk like this.
  8. thanks, paul.

9. rtomss

rtomss

Great job.....really like the louvered hood.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. thanks, the hood is, factory, mercury series.

11. i plan to put the two fours back on the car when i change the motor, i had saved the manifold and air cleaners, but can't remember where the carbs ended up.
    last year at hershey i found two wcfb's, single carbs. one was a '56 and the other was a 57 for $100 each, they had a few issues and some missing and broken parts. i had "carbs are us" in thomaston rebuild them.

Attached Files:

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]There is something specal about cars photographed in the snow, great shot. I see others noticed the louvered hood. You own a 1933 Mercury, none of the Ford guys can say that, you fit in just fine Ted. Bob

ct1932ford likes this.
  13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

FANTASTIC !!!! How can it get any better than this? Answer.....it can't:D:cool:
    The fact that your father's car is still around and unmolested is hard to beat. That coupled with you having some history with the car makes it even rarer. Now, getting it out of hibernation, making it roadworthy and having your dad work along side you is a bases loaded home run in the bottom of the ninth to win he game.:eek::cool::D:D:D:D

Frank

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  14. yes it has been fun, ups brought the tank today, and a box of stuff from speedway, my weekend is complete:D

15. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Teddy..".Cool Change" was a weekly regular at the Sycamore Summer Cruise I ran from 82 to 88...In fact that Plate on the front -I Lettered It ...Save that puppy ! ...Now here's a blast from the past ...The coupe in action in the early sixties At Dover Drag Strip against the coupe of Bobby Lagana Sr. who we lost last year. Dover Events :

*Dover Winterfest March 22 at Big Al's Toybox-Gaylordsville ,Ct.indoor "social & Bs session..Food Drink-movies

*6th Annual Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags -Aug.9-10 -Lebanon Valley Dragway ....Special Display Area for original Dover Cars
    http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=67&sid=33f0bc4d8783a92e28fb316e83312c16

*Dover Drag Strip Reunion-Labor Day Sunday-Big Al's ToyBox -Gaylordsville,Ct.

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  16. thanks for posting the picture Dino.
    i miss the days of the original sycamore cruise nights! i have a great picture you took of the car under the neon.
    funny...i remember the day you lettered the plate for me it is going to stay. i also have a couple signs, from your car show at the airport. Ted

17. This just gets more interesting as we get into it. I mention the impact that my cousins ( Ted's Dad) car had on me when I was just 14 (now 66) in my biography / intro. Fortunately I get to see this coming together just about every day.

18. This just keeps getting better & better!

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

late to the party on this thread...killer story and car...deserves 5 stars...and if ct1932ford gives you anymore grief, remember, I've got the Guido Bros on speed dial. ;)

20. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Cool car and cool story....and even cooler that your dad is still here to work on it with you!!

21. Hey your talking to an Italian!:cool: The Guido Bros work for me:eek:

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. thanks, you can't pick your relatives.:D

23. thanks, i can't wait to see him behind the wheel....but then again, i might not get the car back:D.

24. Malone; "they pull a knife, we pull a gun. they put one of ours in the hospital, we put one of theirs in the morgue...."
    from "the untouchables"

25. You Talking To Me?
    [​IMG]

26. pulled the motor out of storage, that i had built....so long ago that i can't remember when. it is a small journal 327 with a 283 crank bored 10 over. the motor was built by Dave lewis, the writer of "the small block chevy interchange manual". when we first built it, it we put a hydraulic lifter cam in it. i am going to put a solid lifter cam in.

Attached Files:

27. Now you're talking!:cool:

28. Oh good Lord, yes!

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. Road Duster

Road Duster

Ted good luck ,it's looking good. Say hello to dad for me. Frank.

ct1932ford likes this.
  30. this is the cam Dave told me to get;

Attached Files: