Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mr. C's Garage (Gary Cochran's Competition Dragster Restoration)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Chuy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

That somebody would invest hundreds of hours and thosands & thousands of dollars just to make an old man cry

2. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Right On!!!!

~RM

3. Ricci32

Ricci32

I got to see the car in person at thr chrr my first trip to cali and the reunion. The car was fantastic, the trip life altering.

4. AA/FA 0045

AA/FA 0045

"That is no lie. I got asked that question a lot during this process and after I told the story that led up to cackle fest and the tears running down Gary's face when he got out of the car, it made sense to all of them. The look in garys eyes when he asked me through his fire mask with his eyes slightly welled up with tears, "are you nervous?" I said no, we have the right guy driving this thing. Who says there is no such thing as a time machine....best time I ever had. "
    That's bitchin

5. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

6. saychz316

saychz316

i do believe they already have a copy of that very magazine, but i could be wrong. but i doubt it. :D

7. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Sometimes one is not enough

8. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

Hey fellers! Thanks Bruce for sending that. I just might have to buy another one as you are right one is not enough! Steve has a copy and I have one but we had to sacrifice one to open and close repeatedly for pics and stats on the car. Thanks for sending it!

9. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1387866276.921571.jpg
    Yup....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

any chance you mite drag the old girl and gary out to bowlingreen for the reunion? i didnt get to go to cali this year, sure would like to see it!

11. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

I'm sorry to say that we can't make bowling green but there is a good chance that the US Mationals might be on the schedule. We're pretty low budget and have to choose events accordingly cause we all have to work full time. We shall see what takes place...

12. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i can understand that. we will try and catch at indy, otherwise im going to have to get back to chrr. next year to see that great restoration in person!

13. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392084139.084018.jpg
    Just got this today from Bill. Thanks Bill or sending this!!shes resting on the car where she belongs...

14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

15. loudbang

loudbang

Go to the website then page 40 for the story. If you go page by page there are a bunch of ads to get through.

16. AA/FA 0045

AA/FA 0045

Thanks for the link, great story.

17. Chuy

Chuy
    from Long beach

Thanks Tim for adding that link! I looked at it today for the first time...real nice and pretty dang cool :)

18. Right on. Ultimate respect.

19. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I can't believe I'm going to get to see this comp roadster in person. Absolutely awesome.

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

20. saychz316

saychz316

Looking forward to a 3 year anniversary fire up….

21. saychz316

saychz316

With the 2014 Reunion knocking on our door, I am looking forward to seeing the Mr. C car with the original owner in it doing the cackle fest. Its been a hell of a year, and I have had the pleasure of attending several fireups these past 12 months since the last reunion.
    I would suggest for those who want to see this car in person, you go. Pictures dont do it any justice, and its worth the price of admission when people come over to see a Ford cackle.
    See you all there! Looking forward to another good time….

22. Jerry Rice

Jerry Rice

I love the mention of Frank Pedregon in that old ad. I wonder if he's Cruz's father.

23. THAT is SICK !!! What a damned ride that appears to be !! Strap in and hold the hell on.

24. Great read......3 posts in a row....wish I could win something, I would give it right back to you. It's a shame that you guys couldn't angle some sort of paying gig for just the existence of this car....and of course the original driver still around to pilot it. This car should have never been here. It is an incredible streak of luck that it found you guys....still reasonably intact. That just does not happen. My hat is off to you guys, what a story. Love what you did for the car, and Mr. C. Good luck to you all, and I hope something clicks to open a better budget for you guys to enjoy some more seat time.......with spectators!!

25. PVTA Jay

PVTA Jay

Absolutely, Frank is Cruz' Dad

26. rooman

rooman

Frank Sr was Cruz, Tony and Frank Jr's dad

27. saychz316

saychz316

Getting real close!!