Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show Off Your Gasser!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by First On Race Day, Apr 24, 2007.

1. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Great looking car

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Pretty basic but looks the part...

Attached Files:

3. mopar210

mopar210

A pic from world of wheels in Pittsburgh. We had a great time. And we were honored to take 2nd place in the gasser class! Not bad for a street driven toy-and we do drive the hell out of it .

Attached Files:

4. Woodmen55

Woodmen55
    from Indiana

Heres some pics of my Twolane Blacktop 55 Chevy replica Ive been building myself for the last 6 years or so.

Attached Files:

gasser-a-go-go likes this.
  5. 41GASSER

41GASSER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 40 Willys coupe. Running a stroked BBC and 4-speed. Art Morrison chassis 4-link. About ready for final paint.

Butch M and kiwijeff like this.
  6. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392615419.225361.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392615432.678095.jpg not mine but my dads falcon gasser

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. DH9185

DH9185

41, that's a great looking chassis. You installing a cage?

8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

9. a30gasser

a30gasser
    from socal

Heres mine. Built and raced by my dad in the 60's. I recently got it back together and racing again.

Attached Files:

10. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eastern Gasser
    A few months ago I found out that a friend of mine still owned his 51 Chevy Gasser that he ran at New England Dragway back in the 70’s. Tom’s last run in the car was in 72-3 and retired the car in 1974. The Chevy Hardtop ran low eleven’s , and that was with a a small block that came from Ralph Ridgeway and 4 spd tranny. Pete Tropiano did some chassis work on this car to get it to hook. A 57 Olds rear, 4.88 gears and ladder bars took care of the rear, a 40 Ford gave up it’s front axle and wishbones for the front suspension.
    The car is just as as was when he put it away 37 years ago. The engine and tranny are long gone, but those are easily replaced. Tom has no interest in selling the car(so don’t ask <wlEmoticon-winkingsmile[1].png> ), but we will work on him to see if we can possibly get it to the Hot Rod Reunion this coming September. I’m sure it would bring back a lot of memories to all the old timers racing back in the late 60’s-early seventies.
    And a big thanks to Tom for showing us all the cars today, and sharing some of the stories that go with them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

elgringo71 and Butch M like this.
  11. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Baron,
    That is so cool. Yes, please try to talk him into bringing it to the reunion. Tell him I for one would love to see it.[​IMG]

Butch M likes this.
  14. powrshftr

powrshftr

Love that car,and I still regret not buying it when you had it posted for sale before.
    That fe fin' car has some SERIOUS Mojo!:)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

15. jay t.

jay t.

Here's my on again off again and back on project Henry J. I've had this car for over 10 years now. It was all stock when I got it. Chopped off the front frame to stub in new box tubing. Straight axle and steering are all mocked up. 392 and trans are set in place. Still has stock rear axle but I have an early Bronco rear to put in. Tilt nose is working. I plan to finish it like an ex race car turned back into a street car.....Jay

Attached Files:

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Is that "Model A Johns" Coupe?

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

That car is badass

18. Its getting closer, now steers, has brakes, likely will see some track time this year. After 4 years of trying to find the history of this car I got a message from the son of the last owner who raced it and learned quite a bit, it ran in the 135=150 mph range, was in the movie "Heart like a wheel" and other interesting stuff. The engine setback is 14 inches so it would not have been a gasser, more likely an A/Altered, but was raced as a bracket car. I'm hoping for mid 10s.

Attached Files:

19. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

YES,,, Please get Tom to bring it out. I'll bet everyone would love to see it!

[​IMG]

20. pinupwithgun

pinupwithgun

How bout an engine pic. 440 Dave. Very cool car.

Sent from my XT1080 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. cs39ford

cs39ford

Some more photos of mine

Attached Files:

22. Church Key

Church Key

Baron, Get Tom to bring it out as is, no need to even take the dust off. He will get so much attention, and have so much fun, that he will want to do a full restoration the following year.

23. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tom and I talked about this the other day when the 1/2 dozen of us went to see the cars ( and all the other cool stuff he has collected over the years!). A couple of us have since talked about this and we will let Tom know we would do all the work of digging the car out, getting it on a trailer and bringing it to the meet, etc. Tom attends all the nostalgia events ,so he'll be there anyways. I'll call him and let him know my 47 Chevy COE is ready for the task. :)

24. cs39ford

cs39ford

More photos of mine

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    Butch M likes this.
  25. 5w32

5w32

congrats on finding the history, its a really cool car!!! i almost bought that one a few years ago at the nursery.

26. Baron, I hope you succeed in convincing Tom to bring it out to NED this September. It's a very important piece of history and needs to be shown.

27. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree. Leave the dust and just bring as is. It would be so cool.

28. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

Cs39ford, LOVE your 56!!!!! If I could build a gasser right now, it would be a 56 and look ALOT like yours!!! More pics! What is the motor and what trans you got in that thing. I need more info!!!!!!

29. cs39ford

cs39ford

1956 Chevy Sedan. Was legit old drag car in Missouri back in late 60's and early 70's running under the name "Aggravation Too." I have some old photocopies of AHRA 1/8 mile records from 1967 to 1968, newspaper articles, and box of old trophies to prove. Car was put out to pasture literally for 25+ years. TONS of Patina as you can see by the pictures. Has early Olds rear-end with spool and 4.88 gears, original homemade long ladder bars running up to the front cross member, old straight axle with no shocks, motor set back some, and radiused rear wheelwells. Brand new Cragar 15x4 wheels and new skinny radials on front and brand new 15x10 Cragers on rear with very good N50's for the perfect stance. Has fresh very badass 336 small block, 13:1 compression, pink rods, big cam, solid lifters, big oil pan, roller rockers, tunnel ram with 2 rebuilt 660 Holley center squirters, Brodix aluminum angle plug heads, fenderwell headers, scattershield, Ronco magneto, Saginaw 4-speed with vintage Hurst in-line shifter with reverse lockout, rollcage, 5-gallon fuel cell and electric fuel pump in trunk, battery located in trunk with master disconnect in taillight, electric fan, vintage
    This is the way I got the car back a few months ago Waiting for spring here to get it out and play with it

Attached Files:

30. LPRS

LPRS

Gasser-style hot rod Thames E300 project. Plans are straight axle - 327 - powerglide - narrowed corporate 12 bolt combo on a kustom chassis.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

bathcollector likes this.