Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '26 T speedster, a good start

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by slackcat, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Here are a couple pics of the speedster I picked up back in Jan. Still plenty to do (seats, paint, fix rad., maybe boat tail it) but the driveline and chasiss are very good. Aux. tranny works well, too well. Hope to have it done intime for Stray Kats.

Attached Files:

2. nice
    drop the axle like bubba's ignition and that thing would be killer
    tk

3. bct

bct

4. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

That car is great! More pics please! I have a complete 26 T rolling chassis left over from the current project. I would really like to do something like your car for the next project.

5. Squablow

Squablow

Neat project, would love to see a side profile and rear shot. Will it seat two people?

6. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Awesome... speedsters were the first Hot Rods!!!

7. olskool34

olskool34

That is a very good start!

8. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like a solid place to start. Now you need some goggles and a silk scarf .

9. Here are a couple of more pics. It's a two seater. I think I'll go with the current stance right now and get it tagged and on the road. The thing is a gas to drive, must now find goggles.

Attached Files:

10. A friend called it Hot Rod 101.

11. Squablow

Squablow

I like it. A lot of speedsters are just a cowl and seats, this one has some racy bodywork already. I could see a boat tail or a turtle deck on the back to put the gas tank in, would look nice, but what's there now is nice all by itself.

12. I gave a thought to a turtle deck too and that could be the route I go, would entail less metal work. I've been thinking about what it would take to split the wishbones, front and rear. Appears to be nice safety upgrade considering I will be taking this out on the road. The rear rods have been shortened to accomodate the aux. transmission and the stock mount for the fronts makes me un-easy at higher speeds. I'm thinking safety first right now, plus work on finding a different banger for the wife's Model A.

13. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Damn, that's a cool speedster!

14. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

ohhhh man is that thing bad ass!! love it!