Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi from Jen

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jen......, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Jen......

Jen......

Here is a 1951 Plymouth Belvedere that i have owned since early 1980s. This car hasnt been on the road since 1977 . The body is almost perfect condition with very little rust out . The rust out consists of a few places in the floor pan and a couple small spots on the body . This project has been on hold since purchaseing the car many years ago mostly due to lack of haveing a place to fix this car it should be. I am at a loss now as what to do with the car. I have sentimental feelings about this car but still know that i cant ever drive it .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. beater40

beater40

Hi Jen, welcome aboard, you sound a bit despondent about your car, has the makings of a cool custom, have you tried joining a local club or gone to a couple of events with similar style of car, no need to start off with high dollar shiny people, try some good ol fashion basic style hotrodders and custom folk. I'm sure there will be someone on here to give you a lead, and dont give up, some of us have been trying to build the same car for years too, hang on to that dream, it may happen.

3. Jen......

Jen......

alot of things in life have been placed on hold this another item that has. i suffer from vertigo and have poor eyesight . cant drive due to these conditions

hugs

Jen

4. 55fairlane

55fairlane

Hey Jen,
    Even if you can't drive the car, you could still have the enjoyment of bringing it back to life. Then you would just need to find a good chauffer (sp?).
    That car would make a great custom so keep working on it bit by bit and it will move again someday!
    Where in CA are you located? There are probably some car clubs near you who could help out.
    Justin

5. Jen......

Jen......

central california , 95354

traveling is very hard on me even going across town . this problem has become worse for me these past few years. i do enjoy cars alot and seeing them . just difficult to go anywhere anymore

hugs

Jen

6. Hang in there, Jen ! Maybe you could get this one ready, with some help...... Your 51 really looks cool and not that bad. Never mind the rust but I guess the brakes needs some attention if they haven't been used since 1977 !? What about the engine and trans, working or not ?
    later
    /primerkid

7. Jen......

Jen......

no engine in car or transmission , when i recieved car it had a slant six in it . dont ask me why did this. in order to accomplish this feat they cut up one inner fender well and a part of the firewall. what a mess they did make out it

car should be taken off of frame and rebuild from there , some of the floor is rusted out and patched with fiberglass. nothing major but would look better with it fixed right

originally i had purchased another 51 before this one , that one became parts to this one . the other was very rusted out and the top crushed .

hugs

Jen

8. Jen......

Jen......

found this picture yesterday among a few others , this would really make this car look nice i think

[​IMG]

9. hhrrmmm, yepp totally agree, that's one sweet lookin ride !

Here's a thought, maybe you should start out with just getting it back together and back on the road again, and then keep working and modifying it from there !? Do you still have the six cylinder ?
    / primerkid

10. Jen......

Jen......

have the engine i took out of the other car however the head bolts are broken in the block . missing oil pan and what else i dont know

am getting dizzy again , need to lay down

hugs

Jen

11. axledragr

axledragr
    from Iowa

Welcome aboard from IA. Your car will someday make one sweet ride!!!

12. Jen......

Jen......

thank you for your kindness

hugs

Jen

13. 39nash392hemi

39nash392hemi

hey jen, a big TEXAS welcome !!!! keep on a keeping on !!! get that mopar on the road again, would luv to go for a cruise, best of luck with all !!!!!

14. Gerg

Gerg

Hey Jen glad to see you here! cykotiktek...

15. Cash Prophet

Cash Prophet

Hi Jen... It's Cash....lol I'm still learning how to navigate on my phone...here's a picture of my gauges..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

16. welcome to the forum ....

17. jesse1980

jesse1980

Welcome to the hamb.

18. You "Welcome Wagon" riders do realize that this intro is over 7 years old!

19. silent rick

silent rick

it's funny when they welcome people who have been here years ahead of them.

20. ..........For sure, and kinda ridiculous as well.

21. JimJakes88

JimJakes88
    from Kanpur

hello Jen and welcome to the forum.