Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio, Tx HAMB'rs Where are y'all??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A31ModelA, Apr 10, 2011.

1. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Spreen Engines and Machine in Boerne.

I put about 500 miles on a full 401 rebuild of theirs with zero issues prior to selling. Not much, but never heard anything bad about them.

2. agshelby

agshelby

In the process of relocating to SA. My wife is in dental school there and we bought a small townhome near the medical center. Most of my stuff will be stored as we are not sure where we will end up when she graduates, Looking for a good body shop with model A knowledge to fi ish up my RPU project. Pm me with any recommendations.

3. Andy

Andy

I had a whole list of problems posted I had with Duffin but desided I would probably get sued. I have had terrible experience with them and would not leave a dead cat with them.

4. RamJet1

RamJet1

Spreen seems to mostly be focused on the young Spreen's racing career, at least that's what was going on when I tried to get my 327 in there. Quality work, without a doubt.
    We ended up using Miller's on Grissom Rd. in San Antonio. They seemed very knowledgeable about older engines, and showed interest as well. Don't know how they fare on pricing, but I think they were recommended by Spreen.

5. 210eddiep

210eddiep

You know about these shops youre gonna hear good and youre gonna hear bad.
    Spreen built several engines for the place I used to work at. They were stock 350's in work trucks always got good service out of em. But that was around 16 years ago.

6. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Looking for some good metal body work, id recomend Chris Galan at Bexar Bones Garage. Look up his name on here and message him or google his location and shop info. Tudor Jeff will prolly be more than willing to provide any useful contact info you may need.:)

7. agshelby

agshelby

Thanks - I don't need metal work - just final prep, some fender alignment, and paint.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392718290.182594.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I have been a HAMB'r for a couple years now. I drive a '32 Highboy that is red, yes, red. Only one for several blocks. I live inside Lp. 1604 behind the Saltgrass Steakhouse. I need to start driving Hell out of my rods before my summers end, so anybody who wants to cruise anytime, please call at 210-414-4831. I'm retired, so let's go.

9. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Just read where the San Antonio dragstrip has filed for Chapter 11. No word of any closing, but I hope they can get re-organized and succeed. Just a reminder to support your local racetrack.

10. shadams

shadams

Spreen does great work, but yeah, they took 7 months to get me my engine back, and it was just a clean/inspect/machine work. We assembled it at the shop I work at. To be fair he told me they were really backed up but dang...

Heck yea...I just met a guy yesterday, bought a new truck from us and we got to talking about his 52 buick taildragger he was building. Said he lived in Bulverde and there were lots of guys building cars around him..

Anyway, when Sodapops starts back up we ought to organize a Sat daytime cruise and end up there. That would be a good time..

Dammit, I have been wanting to go out to the track and watch some racing, just a long damn drive for me....looks like I may have waited too long...

11. RamJet1

RamJet1

Nice progress on the truck!
    I need to get one of my old things drivable again. Can't wait for Soda Pops.

Terrible news about SAR. Go there several times a year with my OT daily driver (ran a best of 12.49, yes!) and am always persuading people from work to join me. I hope we don't lose it.

12. shadams

shadams

Thanks...hopefully will be driveable in the next couple months!

13. 40fairlane

40fairlane

I have had good results with Mission auto parts.They build drag and nascar motors.They will build a motor for you or do just the machine work.I have been using them for about 10 yrs.

14. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

I am looking forward to the Sodapops nights, I live just outside Boerne.

Track is open, just reorganizing debt. Come on out, they are running tonight.

15. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Thank you everyone for the info. Just need a shop for the basics as I plan on rebuilding the motor myself, so I'm in no hurry.

When does sodapops start back up? I have made it out to that yet.

16. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

17. john6shooter

john6shooter
    from texas

when out for a hill country drive stop in pipe creek, at Texas Custom coach and say hello,

18. 210eddiep

210eddiep

Hey everybody. There's a Hotrod and Antique Tractor show in Comfort April 5 10am till 3pm

19. 46stude

46stude

20. 210eddiep

210eddiep

21. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Anyone departing to the roundup tommorow morning?

22. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

23. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

A group of us will be meeting at The Bill Millers located just North of San Antonio at exit 175 FM 3009 Natural Bridge Caverns RD. Address is 17600 N.IH35 at FM 3009 Universal City,Tx 78148 Anyhow we will be meeting up by 8am and depart by 9am straight to the Lonestar Roundup. Its a great place to meet up for breakfast tacos, gassing(Valero/HEB Gas station at exit) up if your on route from south Texas or you wanna meet and greet with some fellow Hambers!
    Hope to see some of yall there take care and be safe!

24. 54LedSled

54LedSled

You read my mind mojo, thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. shadams

shadams

gRRRRRRRRRR.....Next year for sure....my truck is ALMOST driveable but we were going to go and take the little one, but some family business came up that I cant miss....so bummed.

26. agshelby

agshelby

Any exhaust shop recommendations ?

PM me -

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  27. 210eddiep

210eddiep

Hi! Been a while since I posted. Picked up a couple of hotrods shame is there not hamb worthy but boy I love em
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. RamJet1

RamJet1

Very nice new additions. That '56 really rocks! What propels it?

29. 210eddiep

210eddiep

350 with a 4 speed. Has a nice thump to it:D I didnt do any work on it. It comes to me the way it is. The Ranchero I did all my self haha thought that project was never gonna end.
    The only thing that would make me happier with the wagon is if it was a nomad!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. RamJet1

RamJet1

Nice! Looks like tons of fun, and super clean too.
    Nomads are beautiful, but yours looks very enjoyable. The 4-Speed makes it that much cooler!

210eddiep likes this.