Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 52 chevy hardtop kustom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoos by brandon, Jan 13, 2014.

1. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

We got this car last spring for my wife it has a sbc mustang 2front end 10 bolt rear end shaved and some small mods this is a great start for us but we will be re doing the whole car... as I post this we started the air ride set up and I will post more befor and after pics

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Attached Files:

3. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I need to go through and fix all of the welds on the mustang 2 it looks like they used a stick welder and when I got the car we drove it 4 hrs home and a hope and a prayer hit a dear and got a flat and when we got home the brake pedal broke off in my garage after putting drop spindles and bleeding the brakes .... bad welds all over but still a gpod start

4. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

First pic is when we got it on the way home and the rest are from this summer after some small mods and trying to keep ot driving ...we made it to good guys and back and installed a tall shifter for the 700r ...the interior needs some love soon also

Attached Files:

5. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I need more clearance for my rear tires and don't want to drop down in tire size I think my only option is to remove the rear inner fender

6. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Made some progress this Sunday we got the c notch finished and matt made the air bag mounts... all we got left on the rear is put the bag mounts in and shock mounts then install bags and move to front ... we decided I will be looking into a shorter tire for the read we only need another 3/4s to lay frame

Attached Files:

7. K204DR

K204DR
    from Chatt TN

what size tire you running now?

8. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Love that body style! Sweet car!

9. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

This is what I'm running now

Attached Files:

10. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I'm running the 205 75 r15

11. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Went to meet mat late today Its my bday so I sleep in haha ... I got there and he had the bag mounts all ready to go and we welded them up and shock mounts work great and tested the bags of your on instagram look me up for some vids @tattoosbybrandon
    Thanks for looking

Attached Files:

12. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I'm considering moving this thread to my other build seems to get way more viewer's and comments on the traditional board ...would this be OK to post there or does it belong here because it seems ppl get picky

13. teddyp

teddyp

i love those chevy hardtops good luck with it it looks like you have a great start

14. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

This Sunday we finished most of the rear till we plum the lines and install the tank and compressors ... we had to make a new tranny cross member so we can get the car as low as we can still I Z the front ...witch will happen in a year or so but for ow this will do ... I'll take pics and upload them next week ... we have decided to make wheel tubs because I want this car to be able to drag and as of now it runs the tires to much to do so but that will take place once we finish the bags and I take it home

15. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Not getting to work on the 52 today my friend had a water line brake today so I'll be working on my 59 hopefully next Sunday we will have it on the ground and start running wiring and airlines

16. coronetfreak

coronetfreak

I'm in

17. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Looks like your about ready for some car limbo, how low can you go? I like it, keep up the good work.

18. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Thanks and yeah I got an obsession with laying frame lol ... this is my 59 I'm working on also

Sent from my SM-N900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Attached Files:

19. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Got all the wiring ran this Sunday now just need to run the air lines ... had a little set back called a fire lol well almost ... I found one of the last owners hot wires while running the wire for the air ride and when I was screwing the kick board back on ...well you get the point screw and hot wire =fire ha but I traced all the burnt wires and replaced them but it helped me find a couple wiring issues that I got fixed and I plan on putting a new wiring harness in once i get it home and tattoo a friend for help lol
    ... no pics sry

20. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Matt got everything ran and a rough mount for everything it's coming home as soon as we take it for a test drive and I will finish up the rest when I get time and eventually I will clean everything up once I know what I want to do with it all ... I got big plans for this car but we are just making it a fun driver until I get my 59 done

Attached Files:

21. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Got the car home for now I'm driving it in a parade tomorrow so I'll get some pics ... plan is to make room to bring it in and put on the new headers starter and get the exhaust done then start to rewire the car and have its driving for summer ...here's some pics from last night

Attached Files:

22. Jbuhl1954

Jbuhl1954

Nice ride man!! Looks good!!

23. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

A quick pic before we went to the parade. .. got a lot of attention and got to play with the air ride a lot ...can't wait to put some exhaust on it lol we are going tomorrow to get pricing and if it's to much I can just do it my self ... my 59 should be to the point I can move it to make some room for the 52 here shortly

Attached Files:

24. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

So the car is in pieces and the rewiring has begun ... I stopped by for a little give give a helping hand and next week I should have just about everything we need and it will be on track to be done very soon I gotta give it to my friend and his son for taking this on ... I hate wiring and will never do it if I can lol but I'll post pics ounce some noticeable amount of work is done and you will be able to see what a great job he is doing

Attached Files:

25. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Nice job. Looks good.

26. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Got it back for my friend and the majority of the wiring is complete just a few things we need to finish up ... got it home drive it for 2 days and then the rear bag blew out and luckily my friend had a set of bags and got it back on the road then the alternator took a shit so I had to next day Ship one to make it to the car show tomorrow ...

Attached Files:

27. Looks a lot better so far! Keep it up and keep us posted;)

28. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Made it to the car show and have been driving it for the last 3 days ...still need to do some small things ... broke another speedo cable and still need to hook up the gas gauge once I find a good 12 to 6 volt reducer

29. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Some pics from the show

Attached Files:

30. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Had it out at the Super nats in Salem and a good friend atomic bob pinstriped it for the TV show fat and furious or w.e

Attached Files: