Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Thanks. She needs to look like Henry made her that way.

54velox likes this.
  2. telekenfun

telekenfun

Nice job on the dash Kipp. I'm glad to see you're keeping the opening windshield. Will you also have the roll down rear glass? There's nothing like cruising down the road with the wind blasting through the cab, Almost like a open car. Adding defroster ducts is a great idea as well, it will help extend the driving season for you. What kind of heater/AC are you going to sneak under the dash. You should have plenty of room to make it invisible. Great work as usual. Best Regards and Good Luck with all your endeavors, KB.

3. Thanks KB.
    The tilt out windshield and roll down back window is a must have! A previous owner had glued the windshield in my 34 and that just wasent right so I went through a lot of work locating a windshield frame and re modifying the truck to make it work again. Things like that are the difference between a Hot Rod and a Street Rod! I haven't decided on the heater yet but being period correct excludes a/c as an option on this build.

4. I´m totaly whith you here Kipp. Tilt out wind shield and roll down rearwindow is a must.I still don´t know how to get the twisting handle for the windshield to fit in the Lincoln dash. The gauge cluster interfere with the handle so there´s some brainstorming on this .I guess you´re living in a place were evenings can be a little chilly just as I do so a little heater can be pretty comfy but an a/c is out off the question but I know you know that.

5. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

great work, love your thread!

6. doctorZ

doctorZ

absolutely stunning!!!

7. carbuilder

carbuilder

Kipp thanks for the trunk drip rail pictures, looking great.

8. With all windows open most cars are tolerant even on the hottest days but cold just wont do.
    Thanks a lot.
    Thanks.
    Glad to help. If you ever need anything else just ask.

9. I have been working inside the car to get ready for interior so I took the seat frame which I rebuilt early in the build.
    After blasting and powdering the frame I refinished all the original hardwood then I replaced the plywood with new.
    [​IMG]
    I raised the seat 1" to clear the raised tunnel then bolted it in. Then I cut and fit the metal package tray brackets and installed the hard wood bracing that goes between the floor and quarter window.
    [​IMG]

After test fitting the front of the package tray I cut a new piece of plywood for the bottom of the package tray. Luckily all the hardwood in the whole car (except for the top insert ribs) was in very good shape.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  10. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

your seat pictures are very helpful .... i'm missing the original seat

11. carbuilder

carbuilder

I will be finally getting going on my roadster & another one next month just finishing off a new power hammer now, should be test running it tomorrow. Lots of parts to make with it.

12. Glad to help.
    About time. I would love to see your roadster finished.

13. I'll bet no one will guess where I just came from.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Most of the chrome is now done. I will send another batch out next week.

14. Maaaaaannnnn!!! That looks bitchin! I love new chrome day :)

15. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

Fabulous work!

16. carbuilder

carbuilder

Did that come from the crome glow shop looks great.

17. Me too!
    Yes. It came out very nice.
    It did come from the chrome glow shop.

18. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Great looking chrome. Somewhere out there is a '38 coupe with every removable interior metal piece chromed. It cost a whopping $100 in 1n 1960.

19. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

lookin good kip!!

20. Thanks Nate.

21. [​IMG]
    Loaded her up on my trailer and headed off to the shop where I can mud and paint without upsetting the wife with fumes in the house.
    [​IMG]
    Unloaded and setting a few feet from where she set for years. Ready for prep and paint.
    [​IMG]
    The rear end is acid etch primed and is ready to start body work. The trunk lid is already blocked and ready for filler primer.

Kustom.Falcon likes this.
  22. 562roadster

562roadster

Man! Love this '36. Nice work all around

23. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Wow you don't muck around!!! Can't wait to see it in paint.

24. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

25. navyboy

navyboy

I love this thing would be cool in a olive.green.

26. Go Kipp Go. Cant wait for final paint:)

27. fryguy

fryguy

Wow, that looks like it doesn't need too much filler or body work. Can't wait to see that painted

28. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Kip, that thing looks awesome. 36's are my favorite and yours is going to be great!

29. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kipp, You are definitely getting with it. I just finished blocking and longboarding my body and I started five years ahead of you. Now I'm on to a couple weeks of hood and fender blocking.
    You are wise to relocating for this part of the process. When my wife comes out to the shop to call me to dinner, she's holding her nose while I can barely smell it. And I use a major exhaust fan in my shop's garage door.
    I'm happier when my wife is happy and I'm not, than I am when I'm happy and she's Not! A happy wife is fundamental to a happy Hot Rodder.
    Please tell us what kind of materials you like in the mud and priming process you're using. That kind of info will be very instructional to many of us as you proceed.
    Welcome to the "Longboard Blues".
    Best Regards and Good Luck with all your endeavors, KB.

30. Thanks a lot.
    Thanks. I cant wait to see her in paint either!

Thanks Nate. Glad to see yours moving along again.
    Ya know she actually would.
    Thanks Kenneth. Hopefully a couple of months and she will be in color.
    I don't think she will need to much. Wish I was good enough to not need any.
    Thanks. I went from a garage full of hot rods to a garage full of customs. Strange how that happens. Wish my Pontiac was as clean as yours.