Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. jalopy45

jalopy45

I wanted to say something about you sounding like a woman complaining about 2 inches but I changed my mind. :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Alex-
    I agree and I am looking forward to hanging out with the guys again. I hope you don't miss curfew again this year.:D

3wLarry- They are not 12" wheels. Guess again.:confused:

Gary- Nice shot!

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

these are 16x10 ET's with the same tires as yours...don't your wheels look wider, or am I seeing things? :D

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Different style of wheel probably makes them look different.

5. Man, that sucked! I tried all of my Jedi Mind tricks on the gate guard, but he wasn't buying any of it. We even offered to PUSH the truck inside, but he wouldn't bend. My plan this year is to have our "canned ham" trailer as the Central Command Post for Swap Meet Operations. Cold drinks, food, music, and shade for all of our buddies out there perusing the swap meet who need rest and a refuel.

6. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Does it have a BBQ?

7. That's the plan!

8. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

BBQ , did someone say BBQ ? yyyyuuuuummmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

Teaser!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw it at the GNRS & Pete was just closing pass door

10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

When Pete closed the door on the sedan did he lock the keys in the car? Just wondered cause we haven't heard anything lately.................

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I really don't have much to say lately except I will be going to an event on March 1st in Wilmington that Deucemac told me about. Something about the largest collection of Ardun motors. Should be interesting!

12. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Just jokin with you and thanks for keepin us informed that are keeping up with you,Pete,& the sedan on the internet. This thread has and is a great go to for a lot of us. I personally learned a lot about some more Ca. hotrodding and what it takes to build one of these HOTRODS! Thanks again..........................

13. That should be incredible. I couldn't even imagine what value you could put on a collection like that. The car that won the AMBR in 2013 had a pair of V8 60 Arduns on it that rumor has it were purchased for BIG money. According to who you ask, there were less than a dozen pairs made (some say only 4 pairs). My buddy has a pair of standard Arduns that I told him that if he put me in his will, I would put them to good use.

Dave Lukari (RIP) used to live close to me in Apple Valley and he had a bitchin little Modified with a blown Ardun that he drove everywhere. I miss seeing him around, and I understand that a relative (nephew?) currently owns the car.

14. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Well, it's a little early, but my friends and I just solidified our plans to drive from Napa county, to the LA Roadsters show, in June. Should be a good road trip and show. Will you be there Rick? I'd love to see the car in person. I am also going to the Sacramento Autorama this weekend. I guess you had enough of that the GNRS. Kurt.

Posted using the Full Custom MUNDSTER app!

15. At one time, Gene Scott had 2 pair of V8-60 Ardun heads, one set was new in the box! Gene had researched them and found that 17 sets were made.

16. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Kurt-
    You're right, I have had enough of shows but I will be at LARS. I'll be the guy near Flat-N-Low eating whatever he has on the BBQ.:D
    Rick

17. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Larry

The wheels on the car are 11"x16" the originals were 10"x16"

So here's the deal, You come up with some 10"s & I'll buy them.
    Remember, they have to be single bolt pattern, they have to have the later "square" style window, they have to be decent castings that will take a good polish, and I have to be able to afford them! Then we will have the correct set, and, that shouldn't be to tuff, we're only dealing with a wheel that hasn't been made in 40 years.

We were happy to get as close as we did . . . the right style window & single bolt pattern, and that pair didn't completely break the bank !

I am looking for more 16"s for a dragster restoration I'm working on.

Pete

18. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Hi

I've been staying away.
    I got kinda' beat up on another thread here on the HAMB, crap like that makes me less enthusiastic about comming here,

A wiser fellow than me once said, you shouldn't argue with Idiots, they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Pete

19. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Pete, I completely understand. Sometimes we need to get into those arguments though, to remind us not to! I often get real frustrated seeing some of the posts on here because I know they are waaayyy off base. Now, instead of getting pushed out of shape, I just shake my head and chuckle.

20. jalopy45

jalopy45

My Grandpa told me stupid people don't know they're stupid and will go to great lengths to tell you much they know.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

ok, got it

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. After looking at pictures of the original, '80s version and the current version, I like the 11" width better. I love the look of a deep Halibrand.

I had the exact 15x10 Halibrand magnesium wheel you needed many years ago but I sold them at the LARS swap meet to a guy in Colorado who was building a '56 Chevy gasser. They were a single pattern in 5x5. I originally bought them from Bob Bauder, and this was right around the time that he owned the Samurai dragster. He had put Torq-Thrusts on it and had Steve Davis do all of the rear tin work and had painted it purple. It's a stretch, and probably not the case, but did I have the original E&B wheels? They were in phenominal shape, zero pitting, and no nicks.

I was going to put them on a '67 Nova I was building, but wound up selling the car.

23. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

16x10

24. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I know this isn't face book but as a dad, I feel the need to share this. As car guys I know you can all relate to this and understand how proud I am. My son received his acceptance notice from Art Center College of Design today. His major is transportation design. This is the same school that Chip Foose, Thom Taylor and Larry Shinoda went to. The school only accepts 20 students per term so you can see why I am thrilled.:D:):D

25. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

You got a right to be proud! You will let him take the sedan for show and tell wont you?? Congrats to everyone involved...........

26. Joe Didio

Joe Didio

Hope he is the next generation of great hot rod design and artwork. I know you are proud.

27. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Rick-That's great. I know you are proud as can be and you should be.
    Pete- what width 16" Halis, I have a buddy up here that has some for sale, I will contact him and see what he has. I think he has some 12 spokes too if you are interested.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn! Congrats!!!

29. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Congratulations to you and your son! What an honor!

30. Man, that is awesome! That's a very prestigious school, you should be a proud papa.