Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. twoinblue

twoinblue

You have skills sir, keep up the good work.

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I haven't been back to this thread in a while but every time I look I am amazed at the level of workmanship on this car! Plus I love wagons, so its a win win for me! Can't wait to see this car on the road somewhere.

3. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

Always someone to give you a high five, no?

4. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

really like the front valance shot with the driving lights on, looking great.

5. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, really looking great. T-shirt design is kick-ass...Jim

6. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

thanks for the reply I just got the SPW universal wiper system and was looking for a place to mount the motor assembly. Not much room under the dash for me. Where did you mount your motor assembly?

7. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Getting closer! Holy shit Cody, it looks incredible. Any pics of the before still lying around? I notice the ones in post #1 are missing

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you
    thanks

Thanks Bruce
    thanks Jim I'm excited about it to

your welcome , I put the motor inside the bottom cowl area , down around the pass side Where the cowl vent opens to the inside

Thanks I'll have to dig something up

9. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Thanks again. You have such good photo's, you wouldn't happen to have a photo of where you mounted the windshield motor assembly? If so please post it for me. I was thinking of mounting mine in the side panel area. There is a cavity large enough there but feeding the drive cable up to the vent air box won't be easy.

10. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Looks so cool layen down like that and the tail light turned out real nice. The kids are going to love riding around in the back!

11. Marten

Marten

Really love the finishing and detailing...f@#$kin jealous! Great job

12. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

Looking good! That t-shirt design would make a cool tattoo.

13. 1959apache

1959apache

gahhh where is the Monday update?!

The suspense is killing me

14. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Just spent 2 hours going back through every page of this build, I'm speechless. What an awesome '59 and great craftsmanship Cody!

15. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update , so I had some issues with the top right inner fender , so I have to fix that , and repaint
    [​IMG]

I made a simple belcrank for the choke out of stainless
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and Ben McKee finishing up my t shirt design , im really pleased how this turned out

[​IMG]

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thank you for taking the time out to look threw it all
    Monday updates don't get posted until after 8 pm est :D

thank , yes it would , I might get it done too
    thank you
    ide have too do some digging to se if I did have some photos ,

ill let you know
    thanks

17. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

[​IMG]
    this is when it was out in Wyoming when I bought it
    [​IMG]
    the start of it when I took it down to the shop
    [​IMG]

and now

[​IMG]

18. oldman2

oldman2

What can I say, just outstanding vision and workmanship, killer job. And just look at all the other cars sitting in that field waiting for you...Jim

19. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Thanks for showing the short version Cody, the two shots from the start in WY are a great reminder just how far you have come. When did you get the car?

20. 55Belairretrorod

55Belairretrorod
    from Australia

Hey Cody, that is one sweet ride!
    I may have missed it on the way through, but what are you using for air filter/filters? I'm hoping for a really slick hand fabbed unit (perhaps with scaled down ribs to match the roof & hood?).
    Cheers,
    Arnold.

21. kismyss

kismyss

Been reading thru your bad ass build for 3 days, amazing skills and attention to detail. Your Dad and Grandpa would be proud seeing what they past on to you turning you into a true artist and craftsman. Thanks for the inspiration, shaggin wagon is killer! Rusty

22. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks jim

I got it 8 years ago ,

thanks

[​IMG]
    thanks I cant wait to drive it
    thank you

23. I could swear I seen that wagon on Oldride.com Especially when you said Wyoming

24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

It might have been , , I got it from Wyoming Classic cars , they had a lot of cars, I bought it without actually seeing it in person , Just from pictures off there site , I thought I got a decent deal , everything was there , just a lot of rust ,

25. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

No update tonight , I spent today fixing paint issues and chips , and needless to say some of it came out nice and some of it I have to repaint it again , it never senses to fail when it comes to paint there's alway something stupid that happens

26. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, been there and done that, I know the feeling. You'll get it right....Jim

27. Cody, I've been subscribed and watching for a couple years and am continually amazed by your vision and execution on the wagon. Take heart on your paint problems, they could always be worse. I just "finished" an OT resto-mod for my wife and took it back to the painter for a couple "minor issues". I usually paint my own but this one is supposed to be special. The minor issues ended up as all the color coat on the shop floor in big strips. The paint store thinks the base under the metalic must have been frozen in shipping last fall when the weather went to hell and none of it bonded to the sealer. que the violins.:mad:

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Paint is a bitch, I'm not as fussy as you are Cody, or I'd go insane. BTW I took the 60 Wagon out after two years hibernation, she started right up and blasts down the highway just fine. I've got that pesky noise coming out the tranny at idle, gonna get it into the shop on Monday. I wanna start working on it.

29. would you happen to have that number of the yard that you bought the wagon from ... no telling at what else they may have in there .....???