Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help in Laramie WY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burnout2614, Feb 7, 2014.

1. burnout2614

burnout2614

My youngest son is attending WyoTech in Laramie. His clutch is out on his truck and I need a recomendation for a good place to get it fixed. Prefer a Independent shop but a good reference from a Hamber is good for me. PM please if you can help me. Thanks! peace

2. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

A place that teaches automotive skills can't do this internally? :confused:

3. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

I'm sure there are some fellow students with the skills and willingness to help out, no?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. burnout2614

burnout2614

They are a bit stingy with shop time there. Lot of red tape to get shop time. My son gets very little (if any) time to practice his welding much less doin a clutch. peace

5. So when did they change their practices? When we went there on a tour they took anybodys car in that the owner thought had a problem & either fixed it on the spot or gave them advice on what to do to fix the problem. There also was an instructors ford pickup that they customized. He might have to ask the right person for help.

6. burnout2614

burnout2614

Can anyone in the Laramie area help? Thanks! peace

7. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

If you're not able to remove & replace/re-do the clutch yourself, call around to a few local AAMCO franchises and ask. Some of them are top-notch and reasonably-priced. If you can do the work yourself and want a topnotch re-build with a fast turnaround, few are better than Ft Wayne clutch. https://www.fortwayneclutch.com/

Jack E/NJ

8. burnout2614

burnout2614

I could fly out and do it myself but I want to pay a Hamber OR a recommended independent local shop to get this done quickly. My son can't do it himself (4x4) and the weather is typical winter. I was hoping someone near Laramie could recommend a shop. If not I go to plan B. Thanks! peace.

9. rgfloor

rgfloor
    from oh

10. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

When I was attending there was a shop that you could rent by the day or week if that helps

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

One would think a school like that would allow students to repair their own vehicles after hours.

12. archauto

archauto
    from Co

If you have AAA or not you can get the truck to Accurate Automotive in Fort Collins, Co., just south of Laramie bout an hour. Independent shop I've used for 20 years. 970 221 1415

13. mr crocket

mr crocket

Try Ritchie Enterprises in Cheyenne (behind Flying J) they put a clutch in my Freightliner last month didnt look too busy.

14. mr crocket

mr crocket

Sorry Ridge Equipment in cheyenne.Dont know where that other name came from DUH

15. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

Get him a horse...

16. burnout2614

burnout2614

Thanks guys! good info. And yes a horse is a good idea! peace

17. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Isn't there a WyoTech staff member to ask that's either local, has local contacts, or he himself moonlights?

18. roughneck424

roughneck424

I would guess not in today's world of C.Y.A. of liabilities etc. Life used :) to be so simple.

19. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

when life was good and sex was safe.. There was a time...

20. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

When sex was good and life was safe.

21. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

Your exactly right there was a time when you could work on anything but not in todays world.

22. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I can't give any advice other than what's already been said, either seriously or tongue-in-cheek. BUT, my older sister used to work at the Washington State Reformatory in Monroe, Washington, a State prison even if the names seems to play that down. She had her personal vehicle worked on many times by the inmates learning a trade while incarcerated. She had to remove everything from the vehicle, including the jack and all it's part, spare tire, glovebox contents, etc. All she paid for were the parts she had to supply. Does Wyoming have a prison in Laramie? Just a thought to possibly save you a few $$$. Butch/56sedandelivery.