Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

That reminds me of the Bedford TK-based custom pick-up I drew once. I called it the Baby Whale. I'll see if I can find the drawing.

If you apply some imagination to the looks of a stock TK you might see how that name suggested itself to me:
    [​IMG]

2. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Kinda wacky, but fun!

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/davetartaglia/12306743503/player/28ae842123" height="414" width="696" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

3. damnfingers

damnfingers

One word...WOW!

4. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Can someone put some cragar s/s on my 55' stude? Thanks

Attached Files:

5. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Here ya go, BLACK STUDE.....

[​IMG]

6. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Ruben, thank you very much. People on the hamb are the best. Nice to be able to see how something looks before you shell out the cash.

7. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

No prob, man....good looking car ya got there.

8. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

hey out there,
    Can anyone do a shop for me. I bought a stock 62 red t bird with white convertible top. I want to drop it and put on some rims but need an idea what it'll look like. I'd like white whites definitely with either some radir style rims, rocket "strike", chrome reverse or smoothies. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks, Lee

9. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

[​IMG]looks kinda like this

10. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

[​IMG]or this....thank you

11. Would someone be so kind as to please photoshop my `56 Dodge brite Silver instead of black? I'd like to leave the red.

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Just to show you guys that the photoshop skills shown here get turned into reality:

James D. recently did a rendering of the front bumper of my '59 T'Bird (not on this thread, but over on my build thread in the Traditional Custom forum). I was unhappy with how the bumper fit the body, even after sectioning it and tucking it to the body. It just didn't fit right.

James's art extended the top lip of the bumper up tight to the body, with a gap like the hood and deck lid gaps. Inspired, I cut the bumper all apart (again) today and got it roughed in. Still needs to be completely welded, a little filler, and the apron in front of the hood needs a little work along the bottom from prior damage, but it looks great.

The photos show how it looked before, James's image, and the interpretation of that art into metal.

Thanks James!

(Ooops, mixed up the photos. James D's rendering first, the "before" second, and the "after" but unfinished, is last.)

Attached Files:

13. [​IMG]

14. OH WOW....I really like that......THANKS !

15. satan'schariot

satan'schariot

Could someone put Miss Monroe on to my Studebaker ? :)

Attached Files:

16. Kustomkar

Kustomkar

I really love this thread, great photoshops! If anyone would like to lower my '60 chrysler I'd be Super happy! either something mild or just go crazy with panels and flake, your call! Would appreciate whitewalls! :)

Attached Files:

17. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Kustomkar....this is my version of a mild custom New Yorker. I stretched the roofline back, turned it into a two-door, shaved off emblems, trim and door handles, dropped it slightly, added whitewalls with chrome reverse & center caps and painted it blue.

[​IMG]

18. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Here you go. I had to use a different picture…but it works well.

Attached Files:

19. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

I worked really hard to retouch this picture of Jennifer Lawrence but I feel like I made her look a lot better.;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  20. Kustomkar

Kustomkar

Nice work! Looks killer! Sadly I don't think that I can turn it into a 2door or stretch the roof :/ if so I would probably start off with a coupe. But thanks for taking the time! I might drop it just a bit and shave the doorhandles and loose some trim though!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    MostlyOldPartsAndRust likes this.
  22. Moose, that's awesome.
    Think you can put her on my couch?

How the hell do you guys do this stuff ?

23. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I think I have found the color I want to paint the 59. It's a calypso green[mint green type color] with a touch of blue and white scallops. Could someone put it on the buick? Thanks in advance

24. I think she would look good on a gremlin.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. I was going to suggest shaving the handles and losing/blacking out the chrome on the centre door pillars - that should give you a decent pillarless coupe look to the car. Supremes and pinner whites are never a mistake on these cars either.

[​IMG]

26. Kustomkar

Kustomkar

Thank you James D! That is definetly a look i could pull off!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

How about in your Studebaker… sorry, I dug a little to get this one. ;)

[​IMG]

28. Coneboy

Coneboy

How about some semi truck Alcoa aluminum wheels and a Stepside bed on my '41? Go ahead, have some fun with it! Thanks

T[​IMG]

29. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Awesome to see something going from a photoshop idea to reality. seems everybody else just disappears. without it i would have made some bad choices haha. i do it all the time. Sometimes im sitting on my driveway drinking a beer and think of something cool. Then i try it in photoshop and it looks terrible, but then it sparks a different thought. Cool to see nonetheless. And Brian your "Fordillac" is absolutely awesome. Love it

30. slimwhitman

slimwhitman

As the owner of a black '60 Adventurer sedan, I can appreciate this car in any form. A New Yorker looks wrong with blackwalls.