Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The ocean

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4psi, Feb 2, 2014.

1. nzhotrod

nzhotrod
    from Auckland

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here to share a couple of enduring shots one from the '60s courtesy of the internet and one from the recent past ('05)

2. My Chevy II, a first series 1955 Chevy pro street truck, and a 1946 Chevy truck on the edge of Pearl Harbor.

Attached Files:

3. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

we've been lucky enough to visit So Cal a few times and nothing says it more (for me anyways :)) than a sunny Sunday afternoon Pacific in the backdrop with cars and a band playing 60's Surfing music.................

Octoberwood, Lantern Park, Dana Point CA 2012.................

[​IMG]

Can't wait to go back

K

4. 4psi

4psi

So let me ask you guys something.What is the proper way to mount the surfboard? Is it fin forward, or towards the rear??? lol

5. Special Ed

Special Ed

Fin forward. ALWAYS. Simply as insurance to keep the board on, should the straps loosen. It used to be relatively common to see surfboards littering the southern California highways and freeways, from surfboards loosening up and flying off. Obviously, straps and racks have improved tremendously over the years, but most guys will still consider you a kook or a poser if your stick is on backwards! :cool:

6. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Of course you don't always need to put the surf board on the roof........:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

k

7. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391640572.703021.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom MUNDSTER app!

8. This is absolutely correct! One of my pet peeves after once losing a board due to a friend putting in on a set of Aloha Racks with the skeg to the rear, and two having run over one and getting a flat tire when some other gremmy did it that way and lost it.
    Buddy of mine got a ticket for doing that with his VW squareback in 1973!

9. 4psi

4psi

Surfer problems. haha

Must be rough!

10. Welcome to Huntington Beach......

I'm sure BadBob will have the HAMB camp, if you have the time I recommend starting in San Clemente and going up to LA.

How about Doheny Wood.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  11. I'm kind of a weirdo, I cruise the coast at night or in very overcast weather and I love winter around here but hate summer.

12. 4psi

4psi

Thanks for the welcome!

Summer can't be that bad! I went to the beach at night on one of the days I was there. It was peaceful.

13. Not quite the beach, but here's the Plymouth on San Diego's Embarcadero.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

14. toml24

toml24

Many years ago I lived in Manhattan Beach, Ca., about 2 1/2 miles from the Pacific Ocean. One day I was in our front yard and this station wagon pulls up with a woman driver and her son. The woman rolls down her window and ask me how close she was to the ocean. I pointed West and told her to take the Blvd. and she would be there in a few minutes. As she pulled away I looked at her rear license plate. They had driven from the mid-West and this could maybe be the first time she would see an ocean. Must have been an incredible experience for her and her son.

15. 4psi

4psi

Sensory overload!

When we crossed into California from Arizona the sun was already down so I didn't really know what California looked like until the first morning we were there.

I am not used to being in the mountains, and I had never seen so many people in my entire life. I still cant get over how much traffic there is the closer you get to LA. The headlights from the traffic look like a never ending flow of electricity.

The ocean is breathtaking. It is hard for me to imagine it being apart of a persons daily life, or even living a few miles away from it. I just hope I can get back to it soon! :D

16. Special Ed

Special Ed

Just don't forget to respect the ocean. You are no match for it. That respect is taught at a very early age to the children of Hawaii, usually as soon as they learn to walk .... "Never turn your back to the ocean!"

17. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391956803.695405.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391956813.811558.jpg
    We moved here a year ago. It's like living a dream. We know we are lucky. Sure we have no garage but we are working on that .... No special effects on this photo, just a iPhone photo.

18. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

19. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

20. model.A.keith

model.A.keith