Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. you should have plenty of base at 2200-2800. See where the 3 levers pivot in the hat at the 3 small windows, the levers would have an " ear" on them, that you put bolts, and nuts (counter weight) on sticking out those three windows.

2. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Hey Ryan, maybe try some electrical conduit hangers? They can squeeze together tight and with one hole you can bolt and unbolt the camera to different sizes.

3. Tim Hyatte billet levers can be addaed to yer set up prolly.If ya want I can find his number,nice guy!! Works out of a semi trailer on the NHRA circuit.Top clutchman!

Attached Files:

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

I've been friends and worked professionally with Tim and Beth Hyatt for 25+ years and they are THE BEST!

Here is a link to their website so you can contact them: http://hyattracingservices.com/home.html

5. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Your good that's the clutch you need. Counter weight will make it hard to shift. Counter weight is for the sissy's that have clutchless shift transmissinons LOL.

6. Go pro makes a pretty simple roll bar mount that is universal and if I remember rite they are not that expensive. Best buy has them in stock if you want to check them out.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Can you make one for my rear bumper, I wanna see Quains face all the way down there.
    On a side note, please whip me up a rollcage mount too. I'd kinda like to see what its like in there..........

8. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

You have no trouble with slippage at the high end Quain?

9. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Check ebay...they start at $5 buy it now for a roll bar mount. I wouldn't waste my time making one if they are that cheap.

Meltdown Drags July 18-20 2014

10. The only time your gonna see Quain's, or any of team South's faces on your bumper cam, is if we're sitting behind you in the staging lanes, or your backing up from your burn out after one of us already has, or if one of us spots you a car length like Quain did last year, then you can watch us power up and drive around you..,again!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  11. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Okie Dokie left coasty.........whats the temp there today

(bite me in advance)

12. +53 n cloudy now, high of low-mid 60's. You made me laugh out loud, your not so Rotten Johnny.

13. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Gonna make you cry in July mister...........

14. Gonna make you curse & ask for a nurse..,sister

15. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The Executioner is watching all this be careful what you say.Speaking of in car cameras here's one from last year so every one can see how much fun a 4 speed is. Note no 2 step (rookie switch) on the line.
    <iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rBoHswRhxEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Not at all you will be fine. Just make sure your through out bearing has clearance from the fingers that's most people's problem with slippage. I can't believe I giving out speed secrets to the competition.

17. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Hey Quain...why don't you show the north what the front of your new paint job looks like since the tail is all they will get to see.

18. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I'm afraid to put any pics of it on the Hamb these people on here are ruthless. I know Johnnie is going to pick on me about my pretty flowers and lace.

19. Hey Quain, that's how we Southern boys roll, get ya thinking all is quiet & friendly..,then, BAM! LIGHTS OUT! Besides, we want to make it a little competitive don't we, its not nice taking candy from children.

20. She sure is purdy, them northern boys are gonna be chas'n some gorgeous Willys tale, only to get "White Widowed" in the end.

21. ..,them boys is fix'n ta get laced!

22. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I guess I might as well get it over with. As most of ya'll know I painted the Willys as a tribute to a car that my dad had in the 60s plus I always loved the old lace paint jobs from back in the day. I know it don't go with the Executioner theme but who's to say that a Bad A#& Executioner can't also be a lady's man. Our new slogan is going to be the lady's love it the men fear it. [​IMG]

23. Saxxon

Saxxon

That's awesome

The Ladies love it... the men are intimidated

You're right ... Gonna be a tough sell to convince anyone the name Executioner is tough with all that with blue and white lace ... but I like it...a lot

24. Saxxon

Saxxon

I REALLY need an old school breather mask and hood like the one Quain is wearing and Paul has made fashionable with that wierd I-talian coupe.

Anyone know where I can get one or have one available ??
    Supply seems to have dried up since they were deemed illegal

25. elgringo71

elgringo71

The paint job looks great. It's a Hypnotizer, and by the time you realize what just happened its already too late.

26. Quain I think you made a great decision on the paint looks awesome can't wait to see it in person Nice job

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Quain,
    Man that is sweet you are definitely period correct .Anybody that calls you a wuss you would have to explain it to them any way.So who gives a sh#t I have always Loved the lace paint. (Other Lacey things too!) I have an old willys glass hood with lace on it . I will have to dig it out.

28. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I looked them up online. Those might just work, plus it looks like they are sold in bulk.

And this would be even easier. Maybe I can just buy a "lot"... either way, we will have some Go Pro mounts by the Meltdown.

29. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Good lord Quain! As if that car wasn't already perfect...

30. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

X2