Register now to get rid of these ads!

1000th post re-intro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzzybear, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Hey HAMBers and HAMBettes, As you can probably see I have been here for a fair while. Coming up to my 1000th post I was looking back through my previous posts and I realized I never made a formal intro (oops sorry:eek:), so I decided I should make an intro now, so here goes.

My name is Mitch, I am 26 years old, I am engaged (have been for 5 years, neither of us have any real desire to get married just yet, being engaged seems to work for us), my fiancée's name is Monique and she is my first love (aside from old cars but don't tell her that). We have 2 beautiful children Charlie Jay (5) who has just started school and Layla Rose (2) both of whom are picking up the old car bug:D. I work as a mechanic in a multi-franchise dealership so I spend all of my work days solving mostly electrical problems on late model cars (which is the way the industry has gone, mechanics are useless without our computers these days). my friends and family think its strange that I spend all my working week fixing cars then I go home and fix cars to relax, I always tell them it's a completely different type of thing but they don't get it. We purchased our first home late in 2012 so being low on disposable income at the moment I have been helping people out with their projects for a little cash to feed my swap meet addiction. I have also been pinstriping (self taught) since 2008 so the few pieces I can sell also go towards my habit. My biggest influences in my life, as far as being into cars are my father, who ever since I can remember has always had some form of old holden (monaro's, torana's etc.) and my uncle, who among having a lot of old holdens has been heavily into the local drag racing scene for a long time. Being that my two biggest influences were into mainly 70's holdens, naturally my first few cars were old holdens but I always wanted a hotrod, well that came to be when my mum, aunty, nan and pop were looking around my great grandfather's old farm and came across his old '27 chev pickup, I got in contact with the current owner of the property and he told me I could just take it as it was my family who left it there in the first place (I promise I will start a build thread as soon as I finish my current O/T project for a friend). Anyway sorry for the long winded post, the main reason I wanted to do it was to let you all know how much I appreciate everything I have learned here and all of the friends I have made over the years and I hope to continue learning from you all and I hope to meet as many of you in person as I possibly can.

thank you all.

ps. if any of you are going to be at the ballarat swap meet in a couple of weeks I will be at site number 0323 on the far side of the airstrip, so drop by and say g'day (just look for the "mudcake man" van).

2. Oh and a special thank you to Ryan and all the mods for allowing just the right amount of chaos in amongst all the awesomeness and creating the best damn forum on the net.

3. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

You could have done it in the intro section… :rolleyes: …lol j/k Nice intro.

4. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

I did my intro at 1000 also. welcome? hello again? .........hi.

5. As you already now a intro is not mandatory anymore which is much different when I joined,if you posted without a introduction you would have been beaten to a pulp and even with the intro you were not safe.

I knew absolutely nothing about computers and although I was warned that a intro was necessary but my lack of typing skills my entire post was with cap locks on...

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING"? Back then you needed thick skin,the Hamb is much better today.

Anyway,congrats on you 1000th post. HRP

6. ...........I kinda miss the old "less civilized" HAMB.:)

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx for your contributions! We welcome the next 1000! Gary

8. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Yeah, HRP---whatever happened to the intro police??

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

They were forcibly retired when the word "drama" came into being, along with the grammar police...

R-

10. I don't know,I can appreciate a intro but then again today it's not necessary. HRP

11. Thanks guys

sent via classroom note. pass it on

12. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

Welcome to the site fuzzybear Tell us more about yurself hehe! I have not gotten to 100 yet

13. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

I knew absolutely nothing about computers and although I was warned that a intro was necessary but my lack of typing skills my entire post was with cap locks on...

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING"? Back then you needed thick skin,the Hamb is much better today.

Anyway,congrats on you 1000th post. HRP[/QUOTE]
    that one always bugs me, "why are you yelling"? weel,what makes you interpret it like that? who says i'm yelling? have always written with caps because to me, it's easier to read. to all who'd like to know why we're welling, respectfuly bite me.

14. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Welcome to the hamb.....

15. 59ab

59ab

Looking foward to your next 1000 posts!

16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Welcome to the HAMB Mitch.

Geoff aka whodaky

17. Hey Mitch, welcome from a croweater rodder wannabe Old Holden bogan. I love '27 Chevs, look fwd to it. I found one in a dark North Adelaide barn once, a Fisher Sport coupe with a '63 rego sticker- instant love.
    Would like to see Whodaky & Fuzzybear tonite on the Friday Art Show:)

18. sorry spog, nothing from me this week just been doing boring basic lines, curves etc. to keep me sharp. Hopefully WHODAKY will delight us with a few pieces. and Geoff, if you're about this weekend, feel free to stop by my place and have a yak (I wont bother coming around to Tony's, you probably need to get some work done on the "Grasp")

19. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Mitch welcome to the hamb and like you said we never stop learning and helping each other.