Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

This year he will be ready with "CHAPS AND SPURS".

Meltdown Drags July 18-20 2014

2. ha ha ha YEE HAW!!!

:D

3. lmao...

4. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

2Funny.... That is actually not that funny!

I damn near snapped my neck and was thrown around like a rag doll.

This year I will get some practice laps in before the event in Eric's car. It did at least make for a few good pictures.

5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I just wish you had done that the first day. last year was my first time running a stick car down the track, and that would have took a lot of the pressure off:D

Meltdown Drags July 18-20 2014

6. Just in case no one has told you, When you dump the clutch on a stick car at 6000 (especially during some of the early runs), it can be very exciting, and butt puckering.., but sometime (more times than not, until your done breaking all the breakable stuff) really bad things can happen.., like hitting your head on the inside of the deck lid. Wish you guys had a GoPro on the dash looking at your face. We all really NEED to get creative with the GoPro's and have some (Saxxon) edit it. Inside, outside, topside, sideside, underside, backside, suicide, beer coolers at night, fire wall staring at the straight axles etc. This would make a super bad ass DVD., and keep us going to next year.

PS. We'll make sure to have one on either side of our car, so the guy in the other lane can see what it looks like when he's getting "train length'd" by a pissed of ole lady chewing asphalt.

7. Saxxon

Saxxon

I know I will regret this... If you guys will commit to documenting the Shootout I will accept the .... gack.... editing responsibilites.

Here's the deal:

Go Pro's, cameras, stills, movies, kid's crayon drawings, crop circle representation... whatever... document the event. Make an effort to capture video of the cars in the pits with a walkaround. Vid / pics of the driver(s)

There should be no North / South boundries for capturing the action on the track. Burnouts, launch, starting line, shut down etc. The more the better.

I'll advise how I want the data later

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  8. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

MINT....thank you Saxxon

9. I knew my Jedi Mind tricks would work..,YIPPEEE! Shoot brother, I may just have to grill you a steak, and drink more of your beer just for that.

10. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I will be glad to offer any Go Pro footage and stills shots I have at the end of the weekend Saxxon.

Jon

11. powrshftr

powrshftr

Yeeeeeeessss........Phase two of my diabolical plan is coming together splendidly......Muaaaaahahahahaaaaa!

Translation: The lovely Mrs Powrshftr got me a shiny new GoPro for Christmas!

This is going to be great...!

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Saxxon

Saxxon

Oh goody... 137 minutes of sky/ground/sky/ugly face/feet...boobs / sky... hey look ...a car

13. powrshftr

powrshftr

BAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

That was priceless!:D

I promise not to be "that guy",and I already have my Daughter helping me figure this thing out,so I can use it effectively,and get some really cool Meltdown footage.

I plan to get fittings to run it as a helmet cam,a dashboard cam,and to suction cup it into the roof,hood,front valance,quarter panel,air cleaner,or anything else I can think of!:)

And I will be getting a ton of interview footage as well....

Also,Koop: Did you get a package in the mail yet?

Scott

14. Saxxon

Saxxon

I think driver interview footage (including the required trash talking) and car overviews would really make the presentation special. Let's not forget to include some spectator reaction as well as a few kind words from the MDA. (Not Koop. He's "exercising" and I wouldn't want him raging on camera...)

Hell folks...get some civil war uniforms and pose for an opening sequence

The first year we were there my brother taped his Go-Pro to his hat and walked through the pits. Way too cool

15. I wanted to build a 421 but couldnt swing it...so...tis just the ole 383...its pretty quick fer a street car in the little one horse town I live in.... maybe 1 more year on this bullet if I can get it to clean up @.040 can ya make me a set of slugs 4.040 ?

16. Pissing my pants, aaannd laughing my ass off!

17. powrshftr

powrshftr

Hey Wait just a minute here Saxxon!!!!

Were the ugly face and/or boobs supposed to be mine...?

Cause that stings a little.....I thought we were buddies Man...?Wtf...?!?!?

Scott

18. I'm not letting Koop touch my GoPro, I don't need any close ups of 747's flying overhead, or ladies and children running scared from the crazed homeless guy with the "I Heart 55 Chevies" shirt and slicked back hair, flailing his right arm all over the place.

19. I can make 4.040 383 SBC type stuff in my sleep brother, that's child's play. Depending on the rings your currently run, and the current end gap, there could be 20-30HP pretty easy in a modern piston/ring combo. What size carb do you have?

20. Saxxon: Is that footage still available?

21. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2. It would be great to see that.

22. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

pwrshfter....no package yet....probably frozen to some poor postal worker in a snow drift...

Saxxon...YES I am practing my "rowing" exercises as we speak.....

23. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

24. A PINK pressure plate??

Is that so your wife can push in the clutch???

LOL...

Seriously now, looking great!

25. Saxxon

Saxxon

Sorry ... gone.
    He couldn't figure out how to download it so he just cleared it to make room for video of his daughter and her Jr. Dragster

We'll have to do it again this year

26. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

X2

the only thing you forgot was, when a car rolls up you want to
    shoot. You can see camera going up then it goes blank.....
    then goes back to sky/ground/sky/ugly face/feet...boobs / sky....

27. what base pressure (spring adjusters all the way out did they give ya. Is that a steel flywheel?, hard to tell from the fuzzy picture, can't tell if your shivering from the cold, or from the thought of Yesterdays Child coming your way.

28. Modified 750 Holley double pumper,note the rods in venturie,hollow powervalve,epoxy in main body to separate into 2 distinc 2 bbl carbs. A local man Dave Jamison did the mods over 30 years ago and they made the car killer consistant when I was bracket racin it with a glide and a brake,crossover d-box etc...ran 11.0 allll day or night...30 years ago....hahaha...

Attached Files:

29. I just went thru the clutch setup learning curve! I broke a few ring and pinions,a thirdmemeber,trans case.....the adjustments get small when you get close,like 1/4 turn increments,more on this later I gotta get to work....

Attached Files:

30. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

I will definitely be mounting a GoPro to my trunk and send that video to Falfa so he can see what his shifting looks with a front view this time...he will also get to see his "O face" after being "okie doked" for the second time.

Shit, I might even make a still of that and send it to all of you guys as my 2014 Christmas card!!!