Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Me casa es Su casa. Our motorhome a/c, fridge, cooler, trailer, tools will be welcome to any of you in need

2. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I'll be dragging my filthy old Henry J again this year... representing Byron, Illinois.

[​IMG]

3. Saxxon

Saxxon

It's not the Meldown event without the Abomination !!
    Gets my vote for the offical "face" of the event

4. Saxxon

Saxxon

So no problem with me heading North with it on Sunday ???

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  5. ...,while we are in Byron I'll. (almost forgot that last part).

6. I've admired your ride from a far for awhile now. What's it run, drive train, weight?. The Calvert Bros. who I work for (and are from Chance Harbor Canada), ran a chopped top Allstate years ago. Here in Cali. Their original intent was to run in C/A, but by the time they got it running good, it didn't run near good enough. Later they race So. Cal Pro Gas in the 80's. Its now owned by George Striegel of Clay Smith Cams. A few years ago, a guy started a thread, here on the HAMB, looking for his dad & uncles long lost chopped top Henry J/Allstate. Within 15 minutes we confirmed it was the one the Calverts had bought many moons ago.

7. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Thanks Saxxon! There's so many great cars at this event, I'm happy to even be amongst them. I can't wait to see your Scout out there doing wheelies again this year!

Man, that sounds like an awesome little car. And an Allstate to boot.

My J is actually a street driven car, so my compression is limited to pump gas. I'm running a 1968 327 with double hump heads, a cross ram, and an Isky cam. Just a TH400 with a 9 inch backing it up. It runs in the low 12s... so not quite fast enough for you California race cars, but plenty fast enough to embarrass a Beamer in a street race.

8. Two years ago at the Meltdown I was sleeping in the cab of my older pickup truck and the a/c went out and I ended up trying to sleep on my trailer in the heat....LOOOONG NIGHT!!!! So I think if I stuff a small 110 a/c in the rear door of my burby and fire up a generator I can pass out in comfort.....Thanks for the hospitality,if my a/c breaks down this time I might hafta crawl (like a marine) to yer a/c.....I'm lookin forward to meetin ya anyhow and checkin out yer honkin five six. R~R

9. ...there's a pic of your Stude in the latest Ol Skool Rodz mag...neat car.

10. Maybe since the winter has been so cold, the summer won't be so hot
    Do you get fire flys in Ill? Probably bring my sons (7 & 9), they've never seen them.

11. Sinister, you gonna throwing anymore magic in that coupe, or just run what you have.

12. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Sorry fellas the 66' is a stock suspension car. Just has taller springs in the front for weight transfer. Still looks killer in my opinion. hahaha. It is my dad's car but he is gonna be in Alaska so he said go ahead and take it. Hoping we will both be there next year with the 64' we are building and the 66' again.

13. fireflies / lightning bugs yeah, we get em around here...

14. Here is a cool pic snapped at night looking down the strip. Can't miss the the nuke plant in the background

[​IMG]

15. And YES to camping on the grounds...

[​IMG]

16. Meltdown Drags, REAL vintage drag racing:

[​IMG]

17. That car really looks awesome.

18. Donovan said he is coming back for more. Maybe Quain asked for additional help for the South, LOL

[​IMG]

19. Again, Bob gets the holeshot:

[​IMG]

20. Smokey says, "Jeff, the starting line is back there!"

[​IMG]

21. Smokey pulling in for a pass:

[​IMG]

22. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Heres a few from last year. A couple of them are at Sams Drive in.

Meltdown Drags July 18-20 2014

Attached Files:

23. II Funny:

That last one is one sweet pic!

24. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

II funny AWESOME PICS

25. Saxxon

Saxxon

Talked to this guy in the shutdown area. He had motored on through the 1/8th mile with his foot on the floor. He says he clicked it at the 1000ft mark. The grin on his face was worth the price of admission.

It might have been that he had just exceeded his equipment limits...on purpose or... he was having way too much fun

26. That is a BITCHEN pic!

27. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Unfortunately the guy driving the car was making his maiden voyage in it and learned what it feels like to dump the clutch at 6 grand....he didn't recover too well, but had fun doing it

28. I thought that's how you usually drive the car in your avatar pic...LOL

29. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's how my Wife drives to the grocery store!
    Maybe I should put her in the race car....?:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. See, I knew that Mustang was a chicks car! :)