Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford - For Those Who Drive 'Em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeLuxe 32, Jan 29, 2014.

1. A while ago a friend of mine commented how few km's he had put on his 5 window coupe that year. And I thought to myself what's the point if you don't drive it ? I know that there is plenty of guys here who make the most of their Hot Rods....so it got me thinking.

Post a picture of your Deuce and one of the odometer, then in 12 months time post another picture and I'll work out the standings. There's bragging rights and a HAMB Alliance membership in it for the winner and there will be an awesome lucky dip prize to entice all Deuce owners to enter regardless of the result.

Entries will close the end of February to give everyone enough time to spread the word. Hopefully it will be a bit of fun, and motivaton to beat your buddy or just how far you drove it last year.

2. I'll play but others do a heck of a lot more line chasing than I do.

I split my driving time between both my Deuce sedan & pickup and another hot rod.

The odometer photo will be posted in the next few days,,lotta ice on the concrete right now. HRP

OK,UPDATE.........took a few more days and I had to be reminded to post the speedometers and like I said earlier I drive two deuces and another hot rod so don't expect crazy miles. HRP

[​IMG]

This is the odometer reading in the sedan..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The speedometer in the pickup.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  3. ratrod0

ratrod0

I don't have a OD in mine but I have a tach. We can see of high it goes

4. .

No speedo or odometer in mine, but I know I logged more than 5,000 miles in 8 states last summer.

[​IMG]

I drive it every day the weather is nice and jump at the chance to hop in the coupe and make a 1,500 mile road trip.

If it weren't for my business and my kids sports commitments I'd be driving it to Bonneville this year. Oh well, some day. ;-(

Frickin' trailer queen... ;)

[​IMG]

5. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

gads, this post got to me! I need to get with it on my Deuce 2dr. im having flashbacks of driving my first one, all over ca. deserts, mountains and beaches. [my avatar in 58].

I bought it in 1958 for $75, complete with side mount fenders but no engine. Installed a stock 265 Chevy. Had a 39 trans, 46 brakes, dropped axle, and 37 Hudson steering.

6. DRD57

DRD57

I'm in. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391013796.996958.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Need to get it out more.

Attached Files:

8. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

First of all I need a Deuce sedan so I can start driving it. I log about 12,000 a year on my delivery (daily driver). This should be interesting.

9. turbodickie

turbodickie

Drove my 3 window to Bonneville in 2007 and to LA for the 80th anniversary Deuce show from Virginia Beach, Va. Driving my Roadster to Pomona in June for the LA roadster show. 36,000 miles on 3w and about 21,000 on my roadster so far. See you all on the road to LA.

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

This should be open to all cars. Could be fun.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

There better be driving stories that go with the odometer photos, so those that may never finish their builds can see if they are missing something. Bob

12. I did consider having a range of models, Model T through to 1940 or something similar, but since I'm building a 32 sedan and have a 32 pickup project too I would start it with just Deuces.

I certainly hope so, at least a brief explanation of how they clocked up their miles. At the moment its a 2 horse race, c'mon fellas.

13. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

[​IMG]

This little beastie was my dad's daily driver for some 30 years before handing me the keys just days before he passed. It's made a couple of trips from California to Maine and has been up and down the west coast many times. I don't drive it near as much as he did, but I'm in. . .

[​IMG]

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  14. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

What a better way to honor your dad then by driving the wheels off it for him. Cool car by the way.

15. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Mine has been apart a bunch since I bought it however I have managed to drive it some, And when these final repairs are finished it will be driven a whole bunch.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  16. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Another vote for opening this to all cars pre-'60... I'll drive the wheels off of my '40 sedan this year, but I won't have a '32 on the road for a couple years...

TwoLaneBlacktop likes this.

17. Sedan and truck,,that sounds familiar. :) HRP

18. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

I'm in. Looks like a good laugh ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391276352.461736.jpg

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

19. I don't know if I am getting old but I can't read a single number from that image.

20. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

9950.2 miles

21. How is this? HRP

[​IMG]

22. Thanks Danny, i see the error in my ways. Note to self...stop using my phone to cruise the HAMB, the resolution of the pictures is rubbish. Using my computer is like having 20-20 vision again.

I'm reading it 9930.2

23. Lil32

Lil32

We have 50000 miles on coupe. This weekend we did over 400 miles, swap meet sat. and breakfast at beach sunday morning

24. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK,-------I'll play,---300,000 miles to date since 1968.:D

Attached Files:

25. C'mon then lets get a pic of that odometer, your wasting valuable miles!

They're some good numbers Don, get me a pic of the current reading and you'll be in the running.

26. 1 in 5 chance of winning an HAMB Alliance membership at the moment.

27. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Oh man! Where's Cory Taulbert when we need him? He and his wife put thousands of miles on both their cars each year......

28. [​IMG]

Driven as much as possible! Just put a new transmission in that doesn't have a speedometer cable boss! Damn!

29. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

^^^ that is a bad ass coupe ^^^