Register now to get rid of these ads!

corner of the eye finds!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GearSlammer, Mar 25, 2013.

1. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

Wow thats a nice score...and they sold it to you!

Sent from my SCH-R970C using H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Yep. $1,500.00. A couple days after I got it home, I got it running (with very little effort) and drove it up and down the driveway. Then I had to make our final house payment and it had to go away. Sad because it was a rust-free vehicle and it ran like a dream. Here is the previous owner....you should have seen the look on his face (and his family's faces) with that stack of 100s....

Attached Files:

3. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

there is a similar looking truck but in green around the corner from my shop. sitting outside in the elements as lawn art! but looks to be in the same shape as the one you found! i should try my luck one day!

4. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

This is one I have been going out of my way for a few years now just to drive by and look at. Well today I was in the neighborhood and drove by to see a for sale sign on it.so I stopped and talked to the owner.he has owned the car since the 70's, fully restored it at one point and let his sister drive it.she didnt take very good care of it.so its in his hands again.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

5. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

thats funny.....But it's THE WRONG FORUM!!!!!

6. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

it all depends on what year the eye booger is !

7. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

go take your nap grandpa, your getting crabby!

8. Guess my Chevy isn't as hot as I thought. Hey that rhymes! Streetrodder magazine feeds the billet crowd.

9. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Yer a poet and don't know it!

10. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  11. When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye, I turned to look but it was gone.

12. elba

elba

A good government job would be the " Official Garage Inspector " ! I have seen garage doors that haven't been opened in years and the government needs to know ! LOL ( they know everything else. )

13. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

14. BillSchmid

BillSchmid
    from Ohio

I drive a box truck for our local Peterbilt dealership. I drive to all four corners of the middle of nowhere to deliver parts. A lot of neat stuff out along the back roads still. A lot of it's off topic for the forum (I know of 4 68-74 novas within 20 miles of each other) but there are a few I run across that are older. I'll have to take my camera with me sometime.

15. luke13

luke13

lost my licence a while back and was walking to work, i was late so i cut through some paddocks and tripped over a hunk of grass, that was hidding a 28 ford pickup chassis and gril, after futher investigation i found the cab too, the old grinch that owned the paddock wouldnt sell it , so a few weeks later after a few cases of beer we went round in the dark to grab it but it was all gone. bastard.

16. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

Ya gotta love the way some of these people jump the gun...

17. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Iwannaflattie,
    ok, that rings a bell, but I just can't place it.

18. Gotta love the way someone digs up a horse that's been dead for a year and starts beating it again:rolleyes:

19. SOHC427

SOHC427

This little 26 came from the corner of a large eastern plains Colorado ranch, while doing a roofing job. Few bucks later, she came home with a title, and the headlight bar, too!
    Eric

Attached Files:

20. About a dozen years ago I was a walking mailman in this old established neighborhood. I passed by this dilapidated old garage every day on a side street. An old woman lived in the house alone there. One day I was going by and saw that the garage door was open. Inside was a 49 or 50 Pontiac convertible with a 1959 tag on it. It had been sitting in there all this time and I never knew it. It was too late by then because I learned the old woman had died and her nephew came to get the car for himself. No photos as I was working.

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Off topic car, but funny story. Years ago, I was with an ex gf who was also a "car person", she was driving. We were coming across the Georgia Viaduct in Vancouver at about 1am, theres an impound yard about 75 feet below.
    So, as we are driving across, I say "WHOH! '70 Ranchero!" (They are QUITE rare around here) She's like "where, where?"
    So I tell her to turn right at the end of the viaduct, and circle around underneath, past the impound yard, sure enough, theres a pretty clean looking black '70 Ranchero in the impound. She cracks up, and says "ONLY YOU would correctly id a BLACK car in an impound yard, at 60 mph, in the dark, 75' below you!"

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Absolutely right. The cut-off for this forum is '64, so by definition, the car fits here, but the HAMB does not define what a traditional hot rod is, it got here 30 years too late, the definition had already been set a LONG time ago. The above is right on the money. Long before the HAMB ever came on the scene, some of us were into "traditional" hot rods, and the above is how they were defined. And lots of us would set the cut-off a lot earlier than that (like 1940).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014