Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rapid Rabbit #112 Build Thread

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by 64 DODGE 440, Jun 18, 2007.

1. bobw

bobw

Glad to hear of progress. I'm going to be an old man before you get that thing done. Oh, wait a minute, I am an old man. Forget what I just wrote.

Just keep having fun. (But, I really do want to see your creation move under its own power).

2. bobw

bobw

Glad to hear of progress. I'm going to be an old man before you get that thing done. Oh, wait a minute, I am an old man. Forget what I just wrote.

Just keep having fun. (But, I really do want to see your creation move under its own power).

3. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Can't wait to see it!

4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I'm having fun Bob, but I'll be having a bunch more fun when it starts making noise. :D

Right now I think I'm really in need of a good nose full of nitro fumes to get things going...How large do I need to make the jets on the SUs to run 85%? Don't we have plans for an expansion of the class to HA/FMR?

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Looking forward to staging next to the Doll at some future Eagle Field meet. We took a trip to the Reagan Library last December and I've been meaning to post these pictures for you Dimitri, enjoy the inspiration for getting yours all set up like you want.

Attached Files:

6. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Caution!! Things actually are happening on our build. :p

Not a lot to show, but I actually have started working on the build again.

OOPS. Wrong build, the first picture is my last Cigar Box Guitar, build #8.

The second picture is the car. Did an old school firewall notch to clear the rear exhaust stack. Once I get the aluminum cut for the firewall I'll beat out a piece to fit the notch. Hope to have more to show in the next few weeks after we get back from Rocky's Eagle Field Meet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  7. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Nice to see Tom ,, I figure any progress is a step in the right direction,,, Tim Jones BTW the cigar box guitar is pretty sweet lookin

8. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Thanks Tim. Seems like the hot weather has been keeping my progress slowed down, but I'm trying to get things done, little by little. The cigar box guitars have turned into a fun hobby. Haven't learned how to play them very well, but have had some skilled musicians play my builds and they really sound nice.

9. Old28

Old28

Ya 440, It has been 100+ every day here in the valley since we got home on the 4th. High of 107 yesterday. It is 95 in my garage with a fan going and I am only good for a couple of 2 hour work sessions on the car each day. Looks like it's going to be like this all summer this year.:eek:

I'm sure we are looking at 100+ for the August ANRA race.:D

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Bring that Cigar Box Guitar and play it at our Pit Party Saturday night of the Races :D

11. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

So Rocky, have you learned to play it yet?

Attached Files:

12. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Hahaha, I've "strummed" it and made up some songs for my Grandson. :D

13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Cool Rocky. Here's a build with a slightly more "mechanical" twist.

Attached Files:

14. ThomasT

ThomasT

Man I love the whole idea you have employed for this project. Looking forward to your updates.

15. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Hello sir, I just wanted to tell you it's a beautiful car & I hope I know as much as you one day. thank you.

16. bobw

bobw

See, your fans are waiting...:D

17. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Hopefully after the holiday season I'll be able to make some visible progress. Right now the car is collecting the dust of smaller projects, woodworking and such. Looking forward to making noise in 2014. :D

18. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Holidays are over, been fighting a damn head and chest cold and have to do a brake job on the '64 Polara, but progress is going to happen soon. May even have some pictures of it if everything goes as planned. :p

19. c322348

c322348

It'll be worth another drive to Firebaugh to see you run it! Get 'er done Tom!!!!!!

20. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Nothing to see here, move along.

21. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

I'll have you know that I'll look at what I want, when I want, and I'll "move along" when I damn well please. :p

:D

22. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Yeah, I know how that goes. Some days it's hard to "move along". Hell lately it's just been hard to move. Us geezers have to stick together or else we'll fall apart. :p

23. bobw

bobw

Tom, you need an avatar that shows you working, not sitting.:D

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Hahaha !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Bob, I don't have any pictures of that stuff. Don't want to leave any evidence so that it can't be used against me in court. :eek:

Sure Rocky, encourage them. :p

Attached Files:

26. bobw

bobw

If I knew how to do an avatar (you're way ahead of me there, Tom) I'd either be laying down or creating scrap.:eek:

Your build is so unique that we observers are eager to see more. That's why you get prodded every once in a while.

27. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Unique...I like that word. Sometimes I just think I'm weird. I'm eager to see more too, this old grumpy body is beginning to irritate the hell out of me. The last couple of months it seem like every time I feel like I'm almost ready to get back to work on it, something else gets mucked up for no apparent reason. Fighting with a pulled muscle in my leg right now and the only thing I can think of as a cause is walking slowly up and down a flight of stairs.

I'm really getting tired of not being able to function well. :p

Then on top of that, I'm not ready for all the hot weather we have been having. To me anything much over 80 is too damn hot and this weeks forecast is for 98 on Thursday and 99 on Friday. Didn't have much winter and spring has just sort of passed us by. It will probably either be pouring rain or 100 degrees plus when I finally get back to working on the car.

End of rant, that's just my inner curmudgeon coming out. Nothing wrong that a little progress won't fix. At least we have Rocky's Eagle Field Drags coming up in a few weeks to change our attitude. Wish to hell the car was ready.

28. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Too hot? Come on out to Iowa Tom,:), 45 degrees for the high today:D, Tim Jones

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

My theory on weather. When it gets cold you can put on more clothes. When it get hot, there's only so much you can take off and working in the garage butt naked doesn't appeal to me. :D

Hell Tim, our lows are higher than your highs. 93/65 today, 18 mph winds and 7% humidity. It's fun throwing sparks when you reach for the light switch. Great weather for generating static electricity. :p

30. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here on the prairie 18 mph breezes are considered calm. :D We had steady 28 with gusts to 39 last week. We see wind gusts of 40+ several times a year. Even when we were having a drought two years ago and it hadn't rained in a month and a half the humidity was still 40%. You haven't lived until you have experienced highs in the 90's with 85% humidity. :(

That's why I have an air conditioner in my shop. The trouble is that they only race in the summer here and the strips aren't air conditioned. Since I take several medications that make me extremely heat sensitive I have to look at both the race schedule and the weather forecast before I can go racin'.

I know what Tom means about getting old, getting old.