Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Here's our latest rescue dog, Gunther. He loves to hang out in the garage and ride in the cars. He's a great dog.

Attached Files:

2. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

The small one is frank and about 6 months old and bogger the long legs lol is about 10 months and about 160

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. skoh73

skoh73

Way cool Brandon- Love Saints. Had one when I was very young. Wish I could have another someday.

4. bt34

bt34

oops....these were my co-pilots...:D many, many years ago..

Attached Files:

5. halo26

halo26

Hey all... I'm new here (long time reader, first time rod owner).

I just picked up a 28 roadsters stalled project. The body is rough (homemade repro), but its my first rod so it works.

Here's my co pilot, Charlie!

Attached Files:

6. gatz

gatz

dogs always seem to know when their pix are taken

7. A Big X2....

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Terrible picture, but the only one so far... May I present - Mr. Panda Chan!

A day before New Years day or so, a friend of Judy's was called to say that one of his rental houses was on fire. By the time he got there, the fire was out thankfully contained to a small storage shed off the back of the house. More disturbing though was that his tenants had obviously moved out, and in the yard left this little guy to fend for himself with a now empty water and food bowl. Bastards! The friend kept him for a couple of weeks, but decided that six small dogs at his house was too many, so we were there 10 minutes after his call...

Now, Rocky the Schnauzer and Hei Hei the Cockapoo have a tiny, scrappy, new little brother, and I have one half of a pair of fur earmuffs with a heart beat when my head hits the pillow at night! He got two brothers, a mom and a dad that loved him immediately... I'd happily call that a win win!!!!

Attached Files:

9. shadams

shadams

What a bunch of a holes. It takes a real loser to just leave an animal behind like that. For crying out loud you could at a minimum take it to the pound, at least it would have some chance rather than it starving to death....anyway, good for you....

10. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

some people are jist the scum of the earth:mad:

and then, there's folks like *you* to make up for em:cool:

GOOD onya pardner!

11. The Guidster!

The Guidster!
    from Phoenix

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It did my heart good to see all these posts. Here is Sparky I just lost her to cancer a while ago. She was always in the shop no mater what was goin on and always up for a ride! Gonna be damn tough finding another like her!!

12. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Love the outcome of this story, just remember people who don't have any respect for animals, don't usually have much respect for other people, my wife and I both believe in helping those who need help , man, woman or especially the furry animals !

13. [​IMG]
    Heading out for the first rabbit hunting trip of the season. Gypsi, doing the “Snoopy Dance” in the stake truck. Proves it’s a beagle thing, not just a Snoopy thing!

14. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

15. Fast Bill

Fast Bill

Here is my little granddog Chopper. Spent a lot of time with me. Loves to watch out the drivers window. Also gone now. Miss him ridding with me.

Attached Files:

16. shadams

shadams

Well guys...my turn I guess. Saturday the weather was beautiful, probably close to 70 and not a cloud in the sky. I was doing yard work (instead of working on the truck) and after I was done had a ton of trash to get rid of. So I loaded it in the back of my old ranch truck and decided to take the 30 miles drive to my work and use the dumpster there, and just as I was about to leave I saw my Kyndall poking her head out of the gate with that "can I go" look on her face.

I loaded her up and off we went, spent a good three hours together with the windows down, heads hanging out the window, you know the drill. Got back to the house and had dinner, fed all the mutts and turned in for a movie. Sunday was miserably cold, didnt get out of the thirties and was windy and wet....yuck. Dogs were in the garage all day, didnt pay them much attention as I didnt even get out of my robe all day, even through the worst super bowl of all time....

I had fed the dogs around 7pm and noticed Kyn was laying off her bed and didnt want to eat. I figured she was beat from the ride in the truck and sore, so I gave her some cheese to see how sick she was and she reluctantly took it. Later wouldnt even eat a piece of leftover steak, I knew something was up. My wife called first thing this morning for an appointment and I went on ahead to work. I get the call about 9 that her appointment was at 11 but my wife said she wasnt waiting, Kyn couldnt even walk on her own. I hopped in the truck and hauled butt back and met up with the wife at the vet office.

She stuck around just long enough for me to say my goodbyes and give her one last kiss on the snoot....an absolute kick in the gut. I am still in shock...have no idea what happend. She was by far the best mannered and behaving dog I have ever had, and one of the first two dogs my wife and I got together. From a 8 week old pup to a 12yr old grump she was my dog all the way. My other dogs obviously dont know what the deal is, at least not yet. At least I have them to comfort me...sorry to bum everyone out, thought maybe it would help for me to write this out....

Goodbye Kynny girl, you will be missed....

[​IMG]

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Shadams..... I'm so sorry man.

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sorry about your loss. How about some photos of the other dog?

19. lucky ink

lucky ink

[​IMG]Copilots lol I guess that's what you call it....

20. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Sorry for your loss I had to put my cat down today.. sucks bad. Here is my shop buddy.....

Attached Files:

21. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry for your loss. After working in a vets office for 18 years it never gets easier seeing people having to say goodbye.

22. What a handsome lad! I have 2 GSDs. Love 'em to death.

23. Shadams - I know it hurts like hell. I'm sorry, man.

24. OLLIN

OLLIN

My buddy Charlie :)

Attached Files:

25. highboy

highboy
    from marin

My Boy Loki who road shotgun with me in my roadster where ever i went. I miss him dearly, but know i'm fortunate for the time we had

Attached Files:

26. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Ziva and her twin Abby love to go for a ride

Attached Files:

27. shadams

shadams

28. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

We had to put down our 14yr old amstaff a couple years ago due to cancer. She was a fearless little dog. I also had her since a pup. I catch myself calling the new one her name from time to time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

30. AWWWW! She was sooo cute!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.