Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features traditional t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merles_garage, Feb 23, 2012.

1. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

royalshifters T.jpg

does anyone have other pics of royalshifters T? i always see the same 2 pics of the car, this one and the one showing the rear of the car

Dannerr likes this.
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

3. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

Fred, thank you! I had no idea that thread was out there or how I missed it, since it's only from September

4. jalopy45

jalopy45

Anyone got pictures of traditional tubs?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  5. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Okay being a new guy to the world of tradition hot rods, what is a tub?

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

There is already a seperate thread on tubs.

A "tub' is a hot rod with a touring body with a back seat to carry passengers.

7. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I also believe this car was in Rod & Custom can't remember the month but was in 2013. I think it was maybe its another one I'm thinking of.

8. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thank you, I thought that's what it was but wasn't sure.

9. jalopy45

jalopy45

I've been searching but don't seem to have much luck. Find a lot of wheel well tubs. Any help on thread title or poster?

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I just searched for the word tubs in title and found several, Chris started one with hundreds of responses

11. Captain Carson

Captain Carson
    from N.Z

Here's an updated pic of mine running mechanical injection now and my friend Johns also - out cruising yesterday.

Attached Files:

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn Captian Carson! Your car is beyond awesome, and I'd love to see some good detail shots of it overall and of the injection system in particular. I think I know what you did to make it streetable, but I'd love a quick rundown any way.

Your buddy's car though, has been one of my favorite cars extant in the world period for the last twenty years or so since it was in Rodder's Digest in the early nineties. As much as I have written about T-Buckets and their history and all the other stuff, his car is the one that made me say to myself "I gotta have one of those again"!!!

More pictures please? PLEASE!!!?

13. butch27

butch27

Cap. Carson: What front axle are you running. Great car!

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It looks like a '37-'41 Ford axle.

15. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Who's is who's T? I love them both and as I'm sure everyone knows I love turtle decks on a bucket but that red one makes me want one with a bed too.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The red one is Captain Carson's...

17. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I really like that red one and it is making me rethink the turtle deck idea.

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, I'm usually a suck for a turtle deck car myself, but the bed on mine has really grown on me. It must be that 4.7 cubic inches of storage space that does it!

19. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

How's the T search going? Still loving mine!

20. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Still working on getting the money to do a build. I did find to Tall T's in my area one is a two door and one is a four door. I have been in talks with the guy on the two door and the add for that car is now over a year old. I'm hoping by spring I can do something but until then I'm just doing my research and building the car in my head.

How is your T build going? I saw Bear may have had a sell a few weeks ago on his bodies.

21. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

It's moving along. Got most of the wood in, materials for the interior, a motor, and started building a "chopped" folding top for it. Still need to get a chassis, trans, rear end and a few odds and ends. May have to sell my daily to finish it though. Gotta pay to play. Also, a friend gave me a couple 15X8.5 polished Ansen's for the rear. Can't complain.

22. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

That is cool on the wheels man free is always good! I like the Ansen's wheels I've seen.

The chopped folding top now that sounds very interesting. Do you have a thread on the build? I was thinking of a chopped top and wondering how it could be done.

I was also thinking of a touring T with nice looking long chopped top, black body, blood red or tan seating with a tan top.

23. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Basically I'm following the build thread by DanaBarlow and adapting it to my needs. It's really simple actually. Once I get it worked out, I'll shoot you the info on it and everything I used to make it work. Mine is going to be burgandy with a brown canvas top and brown leatherette material. I'm also building a hood for it. It's come a long way since the pictures you saw.

24. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Hey low-n-slo54 I will have to look that one up. I can't to see more pics I your T. I don't know what it is about a T but I'm hooked.

25. Captain Carson

Captain Carson
    from N.Z

Hey there Need Louvers?, I'll get round to taking some more shots of the injection soon and post them. I've just done a full photo shoot of Johns car so will post more of those too.

26. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Ted Brown wouldn't think so, Chip!

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man, I would seriously appreciate it! I don't know what you guys have in the water down there, but you all have turned out some of the neatest T-Buckets ever screwed together! Seriously, any more when I see a new picture of a cool bucket, the first thing I do is check to see what side of the car the steering wheel is on!

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Gotta pollute this thread a bit more with a new picture that I love of my car! It's getting there....

Attached Files:

29. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

boy, chip...I almost don't want to see it painted

30. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I'm with you on that, Chip that Bucket looks sweet man just the way it is.

What wheel combo is that?