Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen in Phoenix, please guys, keep your eyes open!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Feb 2, 2014.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey gang,

I could use some help please. A good friend of mine here downtown spent the last couple of years restoring and racing a for real, honest to god '47 Kurtis Kraft midget. I got this house last night to find him just about hysterical, as he had just discovered that the hood/cowl unit for the car had been stolen out of his yard.

We are talking REAL Art Ingals shaped 67 year old irreplaceable aluminum! I've attached a scanned picture of it, and it is as it appears with the paint and all.

If you happen to head into any of the recycling centers around town, if you see anybody offering a weird old race car part for sale, if anybody walks into your shop and says I have this for sale, get as much info as you can and contact me at 602 881 0175. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! this bit of history has to find it's way home!!!

Thanks guys, Chip Quinn

Attached Files:

2. metal man

metal man

Sons of bitches! That stinks. It won't make it this far, but if I do see it, I'll get it.

3. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

I'll keep an eye out in Chandler

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry guys, I have to keep this up on the front page for the next few hours...

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thieving scumbags :mad: !!! Probably a scrapper , after the aluminum ...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  6. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

A bump for you! I don't get it, stolen out of his yard? Any one could have taken it.:confused::confused:

7. elgringo71

elgringo71

I hope that its found.

8. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WTF, over!!?!! Damn asshats will steal anything.

Hope the hood/cowl is recovered in good shape and those responsible rot in hell.

9. A Boner

A Boner

Bump to the top.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That's the problem! The homeless used to congregate in a park down by the capitol building. It was embarrassing to the last governor, so she ordered the park closed. Now those of us that have made substantial investments in the historic neighborhoods that surround down town have to deal with these folks and other scavengers roaming our alleys. Sucks, but it's a part of life down here. I'm betting that it left the alley on a shopping cart, and will be touring all of the recyclers in the immediate area in the morning.

11. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Straight to the scrapper... Call your local scrappers and offer an award... Not only the crushers but people that do scrapping... Always know a few local scrappers....

The local community center last week had someone attempt to steal the aluminium handrails... What ever they used to pull them with was enough to break some welds and fell off.... AFTER they left... I fixed them for free... Now talking to my scrappers to find out who did it...

12. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Dollars to donuts it's scrappers. They'll quickly take anything that isn't concreted into the ground.
    Be sure to make a few flyer's with that color photo and your contact info to leave at each recycler you visit in the AM. Ask them to post it in the office so all the employees see it. If they're legit recycling yards, they won't accept stolen items or stuff that look to good to be true.

13. neds29

neds29

Hope you find it. I'm in Ahwatukee (suburb of Phoenix). I hate thieves. Scrappers don't give a damn where the stuff comes from.

14. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Well thats good and bad... I wouldnt put flyers out, If the thieves find out people wont take it theyll chop it up.

15. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Scum of the earth!

16. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

I will keep my eyes open and spread the word.

17. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Sad news, indeed. Reminds me of when the museums in Bagdad were looted of ancient art - about the time Saddam took to sleeping in dirt holes. And for what, to store their water, plant a shrub in the foyer, sell it at the market with their ceramic elephants? I've had stuff taken by "scrappers" cruzn around in old trucks before. But they usually ask you for donations (to be sure it is scrap) in daylight hours and / or if you are present to stop them. I'd think those fuckers who hit your friend must be dumber than museum looters and twice as dishonest. Sure hope it shows up again, very soon. Gary

19. BigZeke

BigZeke
    from PA

20. wicarnut

wicarnut

Terrible! Good Luck w/ recovery. John

21. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Hopefully the thief wont cut it into little pieces before trying to scrap it out!

22. Hope you get it back! And hand out some punishment as well! GOOD LUCK GUYS!

23. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

hoping, bump to the top

24. I'm keepin' an eye, and ear out in the Mammoth, Globe, Oracle, Kearney, Winkleman, Dudleyville areas !!!!! Bastids !!!!!!

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

fuckers! if they parked a cop car out in front of the scrap places they would all go out of business. park a car out front and pull anyone over who drives by with a load of scrap and does not stop.

26. I told some people to keep an eye out on the east side. Apache junction, Mesa, Gilbert. best of luck

27. jesse1980

jesse1980

28. bonesy

bonesy

Horrible. Just horrible.

29. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks guys.

I headed out for a bit today and hit ALL of the scrappers within a two mile radius of down town and have turned up nothing yet. Back home working now, but more searching later and tomorrow... Something this visible can't hide too long, and if they bring it to close by scrapper, it'll be noticed and called on.