Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ....The 2014 AMBR Winner is....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Jan 26, 2014.

1. autobilly

autobilly

Congratulations! A very nice understated Hot Rod Chev and certainly leaning more toward Traditional than "Billet", especially for an AMBR winner.

2. 296ardun

296ardun

If Pete Eastwood was a judge, and thought this was the winner, enough said! Got my vote!

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Do we really need to stoop to this low level? Ridiculous.

4. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

"Bamboo Coolio"

You posted no info in your profile, so it's hard to address a non person.
    I'll say this, if you had been sitting with the judges, I believe you would have come to the same conclusion as the judges did.

Now run along . . .

Pete Eastwood

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  5. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Yes x2. Pwood knows.

6. Much respect to you Pete and the other judges as well. I think you made the right choice.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

I think I'll take up cigar smoking . . . right about now would be a good time for a cigar !

8. Were you there, Bamboo Culo? I'm guessing not. My good friend and car club brother, Michael Bartlett, introduced me to Pwood with the recommendation that he was a man of good integrity. For you to accuse him of taking a bribe is far out of line. I saw the car. The paint was good. Very good. The gaps were right.

But, you know what? I'd like to see some of your collision work. It must be excellent, for you to say the things you wrote.

9. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Good grief..

10. metal man

metal man

Enough already.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  11. Well, I am an old fella. IF your work is better than that, you have a good future. Can't hardly wait to see it.

12. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Not trying to pick A tick with you but you only have 7 post on here.....Not sure but Seems you are just trolling this thread. Not sure if you read the rules on our site, But Since you did not post an introduction At the rate you are going I would say You might end up getting banned.....Not everyone here always agrees but Most of us share the same passion. Not trying to tell you your business. But I would go back and do an intro if I were you.

13. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Since I don't smoke cigars, I guess I'll answer this.
    There was no "lack of craftsmanship" and in the light that we judged the car in, ( day time, empty building & ambient light ) . . . there was no visible mismatch.

Pretty simple

Once again . . . run along now

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  14. Dar73

Dar73

Pete, you are a gentlemen.

While it may not have been my cup of Tea I respect the effort, the build and the drive to see it through. If anything, it kind of motivates me, maybe in the not so distant future I might have a chance. I am building my dream roadster. Well I can't really say I am because I simply do not have the talent to do so, but I am working with the guys that do (Chrisman, Hegman, Ladd).

15. Pete,

I'm curious about something ( no problem if you don't want to answer this).....I judge quite a few car shows every year in the San. Diego area, so I know how hard of a job it is, and I'm not going to second guess you guys at all. I've always strove to be as fair and unbiased as I could possibly be, but the first thing that went through my mind when I read the signs on the Ford Phaeton was he just lost right here by trying to tell the judges how to do their job. I don't know the man at all, but the tone of the signs seemed rather condescending to me. Did they hurt his chances, or did ya'll ignore them?

16. ^^Run along, now...^^

17. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Troy Trepanier sends a car to the AMBR with a mismatched paint job and then slips Pete Eastwood a couple bucks to ensure it wins the biggest award in the hobby?????

I have waded through a lot of bullshit on the HAMB , but this crock of steaming dung takes the cake!!

18. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

I spoke with "Bamboo Coolio" on the phone.
    I asked him which car he thought should have won.
    He didn't have an answer.

19. fleet-master

fleet-master

Pete...you really should think about filling out your profile IMO... Most of us all know your history (the Cop Shop Coupe is a masterpiece after all) so I really only mention it for benefit of our less learned young brothers.

just sayin ,PB

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Back on topic, I'm happy to own a steel 35 Chevy phaeton that I built in my back shed and know of a few others downunder. An overdue GM product getting recognition.

21. And yet another example of what a class act you are....most would not have taken the time to talk to an anonymous someone from a chat board (even if it is the H.A.M.B.!) Good on you for taking the time!

22. Muttley

Muttley

I dont have a problem with the fact that a Phaeton won the AMBR, I do however have a problem with that Phaeton winning the AMBR.......................its boring, the kind of car I'd walk past at a show and not even stop to look at.

23. redo32

redo32

If those that asked about the injection are still with us, it's an Arizona Speed & Marine.

Attached Files:

24. fleet-master

fleet-master

is there anything to stop Russ Freund entering AMBR competition again with his Takeout-T?

25. madmike3434

madmike3434

Go ahead Mark and post a picture of your candy orange with flames 1935 Chevrolet phaeton with GM HOLDEN body.
    Also post a picture of the new black one just appeared on the scene.

mike lynch

26. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Hang in there Pwood!!! Those of us that know and care about your hot rod history and ability don't give a crap about these derogatory comments...bet they wouldn't say these things to your FACE..I support you 100%...give em hell....if you need help out there to verbally "correct" some of these guys...I can always send Akin!!!! Joe

27. madmike3434

madmike3434

=============================

just think of the possible uproar that would have come out if the other tub there , the black 32 ford, had won over the Chevrolet and not being the Chevrolets equal quality wise.

Judges should look past owner attitude and I hope they should be able to, in order to judge the best car there and award the trophy to that car/owner.

There's been an inference that the 32 ford tub lost the trophy because of owner attitude displayed with his signage around the car, I strongly doubt that.

mike

28. Yes a car cannot have been entered for judging in another show and compete for the AMBR.

29. Can someone give a short summation explaining the new rules and how it changed the entries? THX

30. Basically they eliminated the points system that used to award points for modifications so basically the more changes you made the better your chance of winning and overall style had little to nothing to do with the judging and outcome. So having things like custom machined 24" wheels would garner you points.

Now the 12 judges rank each car from 1 to 10 on a bunch of different categories, engine, interior things like that but also including things like how the car looks overall, how it looks moving, etc. So to win a car needs the majority of the judges to think it was the best in the majority of catergories.