Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Econoline pu buzzin half dozen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MBog, Jan 27, 2014.

1. MBog

MBog

[​IMG]

He said I wanna go fast with a buzzin half dozen

2. MBog

MBog

[​IMG]

A different view...

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cover ain't gonna fit.

4. MBog

MBog

[​IMG]

351W pistons with a .050 dish machined in to lower compression to 8 to1

[​IMG]

Scat 6.2 H beam rods (chevy)

[​IMG]

And a big ass solid cam...

5. MBog

MBog

That's why I did this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Hope to see more of this! My old Econoline was one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven, if not the most.

8. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Ok..you got the valve cover to fit..great !
    So now show us how the engine cover is gonna fit....
    I grew up working on my dads 61 econoline ..he had that dang thing 25 years!
    I really don't like to think about all the work I did keeping that thing on the road.

9. Reelsnrods

Reelsnrods
    from Ack, MA

That is without a doubt the most beautiful armrest I have ever seen:)

10. MBog

MBog

An early mockup...
    [​IMG]

It looked nice at first...

[​IMG]

But we found some uglies...

[​IMG]

All better now, still the other side to do...

[​IMG]

11. MBog

MBog

More...

[​IMG]

the only store bought piece...

[​IMG]

Relocated the master cylinder, (the owner has really big feet)

[​IMG]

the tires, and no it's not getting lowered

[​IMG]

12. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

What?! No laying on the ground? I'm definitely watching now :D

13. von Dyck

von Dyck

Think you'll have enough torque?

14. MBog

MBog

Torque gets you down the track hahaha...gobs o torq...

15. Cool lil project, how is the fit of rods on the crank width wise?

16. stimpy

stimpy

if them tires get some bite you going to to see the guy behind you at the starting line .. ( upside down ) :p

17. MBog

MBog

Pretty loose, if I remember correctly .030, like aluminum rods. The crank is turned down to sbc size. I think the crank grinder left a good radius on both sides...

18. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

That may simply be the coolest looking engine I have laid eyes on in quite some time as a lover of all things ford and inline I approve :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. von Dyck

von Dyck

Yeh, MBog, I know. Ran one on the 1/4 mile dirt oval in the early '80s. Embarrassed a lot of V8s. Ended up in Kelowna, and I have lost track of it.
    A highly modified 300 ran in a '67 Mustang (named Thumper) in Modified Production - set several NHRA records - home track SIR (Saskatoon).
    Another /MP car, I believe at 1969 Summer Nats (Indy), a '66 4door Nova running a 300 Ford 6 won its class!
    They are a great engine - the best part being the 12 port head.

20. MBog

MBog

We have a local drag racer that runs consistant low 11s with his ot maverick, always wheels up...

21. bgaro

bgaro

what ya got for a rear end in that thing?

22. MBog

MBog

It came stock with a 9". I narrowed another one with Moser axles, 4.11s and a good "new" Auburn posi. He wants to drive street as well as race it. I'll post a pic of the diff later...

23. MBog

MBog

It's back in the shop now, so there should be some regular updates. Nothing to look at but here's the diff for it...

[​IMG]

24. fairlaneranch

fairlaneranch

Jesus! that is gonna be sick!
    <mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%&quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quot;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&quot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Buffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&quot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quot;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:true,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:true,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;quality&quot;:&quot;default&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:false,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:false}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

25. Keep us updated, what a great thread!

26. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.Fun city just around the corner.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo