Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gnrs 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Thank you so much for this thread! From the frozen, wind blown tundra on the great plains. Wish I coulda been there, you made it almost possible.

2. chrisp

chrisp

Thanks for the reply, so that's the one I chopped when I was there, happy to see how it turned out.

3. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

The original one was a bit to modified to convert back from what Bill told me, so they started fresh..But whats pretty cool is the owner own the original one to keep it company..

4. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

thanks for posting all the pictures. looks like a show to plan for going to someday.

5. sinticket

sinticket

It really looks like it was a great show! Nice cars there. Hopefully make it out there next year. I just had too much on my plate this year. Thanks for all the pics.

6. Does anyone have any more info on this sprinter? Lots of neat little touches/ideas in the build!

Attached Files:

7. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

8. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

The sign indicated that it may have been a high school shop project from the 30's or 40's, but they don't know for sure.

9. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I keep stopping back here to find MORE OUTSTANDING photographs of some truly beautiful vehicles! Just when I think I've seen my favorite I see another GREAT RIDE! THANK YOU for posting such outstanding coverage and photographs!

10. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks, Joe. I have a couple thousand to sort through and I keep finding better ones!! Plus more time now to do a better job in the edit process.

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

This one (photo below)...I've been around long enuff to recognize the front of the '59 Chevy...even the placard sez it's a '59 Chevy...!!! Don't know which car you were looking at floorjacks50...

R-

[​IMG]

12. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

It's a '59 El Camino and as much as I would have liked to have shot the whole car, it was in a corner and a good overall shot was not possible with what had to work with. So I went with details.

13. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Tom, appreciate the answer...

R-

15. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

thanks Tom, great pics as always

16. mosimpson

mosimpson

I would like to contact the owner/builder of the burgundy pick-up. Does anybody have any info on this hot rod??

17. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, I had to try out the new star filter I got from Santa!
    [​IMG]

18. I always post "The best damned pictures of........... as my tag line but you by far are the king of the best pictures. So if you see me post mine as "The best damned pictures of GNRS, remember its just the tag I always use. I guess they are my best damned pictures. Very well done sir!!!! I have about 400 pictures that I will post later. Again your pictures are the best I have seen!!!

19. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

what the hell you waitin' for? :eek:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Thanks again Tom for the great photos!

22. I have to get them out of my 2 cameras, phone, etc. Also I need to get back to reality. Being in Pomona where it was 76 degrees and now back where its like in the 40s is taking time to acclimate. :)

23. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks for al the nice words.

24. Tom; great photos. You have an excellent eye for composition and light quality. I always enjoy your work. thanks.

25. joe3window

joe3window

Did any of you guys see the new Kinmont style brakes on the chassis in Bobby Walden's booth (Walden Speed Shop). They are not the ones from Johnson's, very highly detailed and very authentic in appearance and available in both front and rear. Also under $2000.00

26. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

27. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

28. inline 292

inline 292

Thanks for your time & sharing your great photos. You really pick a great variety. Just Fantastic!

29. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Jimmy Shine's Dad, Denny, purchased this coupe in 1959. The previous owner had hired Sam Barris to chop the top and to do the lead work on the door hinge fairings before Denny bought it.

Denny sold the coupe a couple of years later and has spent much of the time since regretting the sale and trying to find the coupe. Jimmy's TRJ feature on his truck led them to finding the '34's current owner. Denny acquired it and installed the blown Olds he had wanted in 1959, but couldn't afford back then! He spotted me spending 15 minutes shooting the hinges and offered the story.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

One of my favorites

Attached Files: