Register now to get rid of these ads!

325 Dodge hemi ignition upgrade

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Tired on missing with the points in my hemi...but then i never have been able to id the points that came in it...and ya, I've asked and hunted....

So I'm looking for upgrade...pretrox?? or??? trying not to break the bank on this one, but want good system when done...old school look would be cool...thanks
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. George

George

If your NAPA store still has the paper catalogs they should be in it.

3. Every set I've ordered and looked at inn the books are wrong...most of then mount wrong...headache i believe due to it being an industrial hemi..no stamped numbers...also no tag.....that's why i was wondering if i could get a drop in unit for the hemi

4. nitrohemi

nitrohemi

Try a mopar electronic ignition. Need a longer distributer shaft from hot heads but that works great. Davis makes a hei style distributer but it's not cheap. Get a used mopar electronic a harness from Mancini racing and a orange box the make the shaft longer and you have liftoff

5. George

George

If it doesn't have vacuum adv it should be replaced anyway.

You can use a longer int shaft or cut & lengthen the dizzy shaft on the LA dizzy, Mopar Performance sells a points to electronic kit with the orange box, ect.

6. nitrohemi

nitrohemi

That's right I made my intermediate shaft longer on my 315 dodge. It's been a few years. I run a mopar orange box with a firecore distributer that is just like the mopar one. I had a used one for a while the upgraded to a nicer unit last year

7. Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench

Back yard engineering = he has the right shaft and base, just graft an HEI onto the top of it. Does he has access to a lathe and a drill press? (and maybe a welder)

8. Alex D.

Alex D.
    from Hydes, MD.

9. dodge59

dodge59

new item that came out a little while ago for sb mopar and 325 poly/hemi .

hei style
    just 2 wires and cheap.
    what a deal . On ebay . $44.00 ebay number 370809528293

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  10. George

George

No mention of what brand it is. Hot Heads has Unilite dizzys made for HH that'll fit low deck Chr & high deck Dodges(didn't mention DeSotos).