Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage turlock swapmeet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sunnycali, Jan 17, 2014.

1. sunnycali

sunnycali
    from california

Is anybody taking rear spare wheel ring cover for 1930's. I need a few for a project . And what parts are you taking to turlock swapmeet.

2. evintho

evintho

I'm taking myself! Looking for a '27 roadster cowl, some used fat meats in good condition, silicone couplers and various other odds and ends.

3. sunnycali

sunnycali
    from california

Any 47-54 Chevy truck seats out there in turlock

4. sunnycali

sunnycali
    from california

Looking for some 39-40 Chevy parts.

5. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

coming down with a buddy from Washington, hope the warm weather holds. I like this swap meet.

6. NealinCA

NealinCA

I've got a 35 Ford spare tire cover in the load for Turlock. It's the two pieces, not just the outer ring though...

Spaces L-35/L-37 in the north field.

Neal

Attached Files:

7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Great meet today. Is it January or July, short sleeves everywhere. Anyway coming home over the Altimont pass someone lost a Ford flathead engine off their trailer, landing between the 2-3 lanes of the freeway! I came within a couple feet of it at 70 per. The guy was pulled over a ways ahead, on his trailer doing something with the rest of his load. Sure hope nobody ran into it.

8. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

It seemed really packed crowded this year. By 8am you could hardly walk anywhere without some tripping over your wagon.

9. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Surreal experience on my way up to Turlock from Socal...at about 9 am on Friday..just north of the grapevine..two CHP cars were trying to corral/herd a cow on the freeway. The cow was in the shoulder of the fast lane...as I and others whizzed by at about 50-60 mph...people slowed down because they saw the CHP but you couldnt really see what they were doing. I shudder to think what kind of a pileup there would have been if the cow decided it wanted to go into a lane..

The weather was awesome...bought a bunch of great stuff...best of all was a 50s or 60s Crower varsity style wool and leather jacket...will post a thread on it soon..it was the best swapmeet I have been to in some time...I encourage out of towners to put it on your list...

10. evintho

evintho

Was that your wagon? Sorry 'bout that!
    Tons of people and even more parts! Absolutely awesome weather and lots of good prices. Definitely one of the top west coast meets of the year!

11. sunnycali

sunnycali
    from california

Great meet found about 8 rings for my project .....but there was a lot of empty spots that could of been sold to other sellers. But this was a great meet

12. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

lots of stuff as usual---good prices too--been going since 77-been to many here-- some years slogging around in the mud and cold-weather was fantastic this yr-saw a couple of cars that were nice but priced a little high--but didn't try to make offers--have too much junk already. Took phone numbers on a couple though just in case I get a change of heart.

Also Drake had std and dlx 40 grilles which haven't been available for a while.

13. kleinbike

kleinbike
    from Nor Cal

I have to ask, what are you going to do with that many of them?