Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I have a feeling there is going to be some hole saws and uni-bits wore out by the time of the Meltdowns.

Jon

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

Falcon,that is a badass looking Bird ya got there....too bad I'm running a couple seconds off your pace,cause it sure would be cool to line up next to something like that! :)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

3. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

What are you running Scott for time?

Jon

4. powrshftr

powrshftr

Not sure what it's whittled down to now,but I'm guessing a high 13 is all the ol' nag has in her right now.The motor's just a low mileage short block I scored for $200 from a buddy,then added my heads,intake,etc to it to get the car up and running while I build the real motor for it.
    I'm running a Toploader though,so it should be a fun ride!:)

Scott

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

^^^^ What Ric said!

Scott

6. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Ah yes the Canadian version of the 1812 war.lol The U.S burns your buildings, in turn the British burn the whitehouse.

So I guess you will be the guy in the "Red Coat" driving the Mustang:D

Meltdown Drags July 18,19,20 2014

7. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Scott. I was talking about 1775 earlier when the U.S invaded canada. Either way it sounds like Gasser World War.

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

Meh....you guys burn Toronto,we burn Washington.....fair trade.:)

So what is everybody bringing out this year...?

II FUNNY, what are you gonna be running this year?

Scott

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm already getting designs narrowed down for the lettering and decals to get my car all tarted up like a '65-'66 SuperStock class car.....I can't believe how wound up Im getting about this.
    It's gonna be psychotic this year!!! :D

Scott

10. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

DON'T FORGET......Car show is all 3 days...with rock star parking....sit in your car and watch the races.....$15 per day general admission pre-72 ANY style cars, street rods, hot rods, customs, gassers, stockers, etc.

SWAP MEET - ALL 3 DAYS.....FREE space with $15 per day general admission - Car Parts, model kits, vintage clothing, Hot Rod Related items ONLY...no rummage crap or 4x4, import items....(unless early import fiat, Austin etc) common sense rules!

11. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's an awesome deal!

We'll be bringing half a dozen Chrysler Hemi heads,and anything else we've got laying around that's shiny or makes horsepower!:D

Scott

12. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Right on......get rid of some cool vintage parts....the place to do it!

13. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I will present a list of cars representing the North in the next day or two, i am just waiting on final confirmation from some of the participants. Also if you are interested in Running with the North please don't hesitate to message me. At that time i can give you a run down of car requirements. Stick shift only cars please.
    As it stands right now we will probably have roughly 8 cars for each side (16 total for those lacking math skills) It should be one hell of a show!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  14. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

This.

Attached Files:

15. Saxxon

Saxxon

Program, program get yer program, can't tell a Post from a Fairlane without yer program...

Not that I want to add more work to the MDA team, but I would buy a program if someone was to put one together. I fully realize the logistics make this awkward especially since the cars could change right up to the last minute. If not for the event then how about just this unofficial Gasser War ? If we are making lists ... how about compiling a driver bio and car history as well ? Create something collectable ? All proceeds to cover expenses and the rest to the track.

I'm still poking Bangshift to do a live feed

The way the 2014 event is shaping up I can see a one time magazine release dedicated to cover the happenings. You know... the Meltdown edition or the Meltdown Magazine... I would contribute a Canadian story or 2 to that... Gasser Wars magazine are you listening ?

Just some random coverage ideas... sorry to interrupt the mud slinging (again)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  16. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Great ideas! I will put together as much as i can for the stickshift gasser shoot out, and post very soon!

17. powrshftr

powrshftr

This thing is going to be 100 different kinds of cRaZy!!! :D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Saxxon.....I LOVE IT!!!! We need a gatherer of info.....we might be able to assist with this.....and we will post a rough outline of events and shootouts on the Meltdown page and FB in early July!!

19. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I'll get a list together for the south side. I'm afraid we might have gave y'all to much time to work on your stuff it's not going to be the surprise attack we was hoping for.

20. I had my 1/2 drill, and a hole saw begging for mercy last night.

21. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Scott, nothing wrong with that time and banging gears. Its about having fun and man this year is going to be a blast. We will catch up in July.

Jon

Sent from my LG-MS770 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. I know that all these good ideas, also need to have people/peoples to make them happen, and I have shared this one with Quain already. Every time there is a cool event such as the Melt Downs, Moon Eyes, The South Eastern Gassers etc. We all comb the HAMB, YOUTUBE, whatever we can get our hands on to see pics and video of these events. I personally would pay $20-30 easy, for a DVD of the event, ESPECIALLY one that covered the Gasser Shootout action, along with some pit side visits, and good humored trash talking about what's gonna happen in next round. There are alot of guys/gals around the country that would love to go to an event like The Melt Downs but can't make it out to spectate or race etc. for one reason or the other. However, like me, they would easily pay for a half descent hour or so long DVD. Heck even when the Magazine folks cover an event, there are tons of pic's, action & content that are missing. This Promoting stuff is no easy task, (just ask Koop & Quain), & I would have NO PROBLEM with them recouping their financial & mental lay out, and making a profit on DVD sales. It takes special people to have the patience and know how to do this, and without them, we've got no events to do our thing at. That said, Quain, Koop, you guys are nuts, if you don't capitalize on this! How many times, have you stayed up, late watching Two Lane Black Top, The Lions Drag Strip Documentary, The Jackson Brothers Gasser videos, and what ever you can find on YouTube. Speak'n of Youtube..,Koop, I saw a clip of you doing some kind of crazy shifting exercise (at first I thought you were trying to swat a Wasp or something) in your 55, before a pass!? Man I tried that once after I saw you doing it, and threw my shoulder out for weeks! Sorry brother I couldn't resist that, the bad voices made me do it. Love ya brother, and thanks putting this deal on, and inviting me to come play in your sand box.

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'd like to second that....I would fork over the cash for a DVD in a heartbeat!

Scott

24. powrshftr

powrshftr

25. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I think Koop has a plan for a video this year, it does not have to be super fancy editing either.

Jon

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. Nope nothing fancy. The Skull Garage Guys did a little video when they went to the Final Gasser deal for the year at Greer. Even though it was amatuer type video, the action part of it wasn't bad at all.

27. We made a 2012 video and still have a ton of them left. It was not a hot seller. I think it has 4 hours of coverage. That being said if you guys have the resources let make a 2014 video.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

I know that there will be some great video people going and I'm sure they will be covering all the action probably with some in car etc...I just don't know if all the details are worked out yet.

29. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Panneton.....those arm exercises...were to work over that 833 4spd......LOL....loosen up the joints LOL.

Anyone that can help with the video footage please PM me.....the MDA as a whole misses out on seeing 90% of the racing and I personally would love to watch what I missed....and 2014...is going to be some AMAZING match races....Micky let Paul and I know if you have a source.....we DO NOT want to miss this!

30. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Classics and customs did this one for us. They had heard about our deal and wanted to give videoing a race a try. It's the first race that they had ever done. They usually do cable commercials and stuff like that. I'm going to have them do us a short PR video to send to tracks and stuff like that. I don't know what they charge but I will find out and I know that y'alls budget may not allow any money for them but I'll check anyway. Keep in mind that they will be hard to sale because someone will put it on youtube then everybody can watch it for free. <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9EcKbCs2rYA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>