Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Looking for Civil war North and South hats online....
    losers have to wear the other sides hats??????

AWESOME!

2. Well Quain, I'm born and raised SOUTHERN California, so I gotta stick to my roots and give them Yankees the red baboon ass they so desire. They called down the thunder, so the thunder is coming!

3. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Hey Famoso....you have backup now!

4. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

The Panneton Bros have thrown in for the South, so we could use a couple of fine young men (or women) to balance out our two warring [​IMG]armies. So here it is, i need volunteers to serve in the Union army of Gassers! It is your duty to uphold the honor of our 23 states. Looking for one or two FAST stick shift cars. Message me and i can give details about car requirements.

5. Can't wait to tangle with you Capt'n Dirt. I've never raced a 55.5 Chevy before!

6. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Falfa-

We are working on a lot more back-up from the People's Republic of California...we hope to have a caravan coming over the rockies to show the flatlanders how it is done. Don't let that "cheese curtain" that surrounds Wisconsin cloud your memory of where gassers came from.

If I was you Falfa...I would be in the barn getting that "field car" ready to race...

7. Scott....conk Mom on the bean and spirit yer son away with you to the drags! Tell'er twas my fault! Bwaahhaahaaa!

8. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

That caravan must be stopping in Colorado for a smoke break if they think they're coming out here and showing the midwest what a Cali-Gasser can do.

Meltdown Drags July 18,19,20 2014

9. Well....I have kin on BOTH sides of the Mason/Dixon line but since I live in Illinois....The bad thing is...my street car is a 3300lb. slug....not fast at all....only 10.9s... tis but a peanut motor 383/TKO 600...

10. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Redlinerracer42 everybody has got to chose sides if your going to be there even if you are not on the front line you are bringing a gun and going to be in the war zone.

11. In the garage till 12:30am, refining my weaponry, up for work at 5:00am. Looks like this is my schedule for the next 6 months..,feels good to be turn'n wrenches again. I had to turn one whole wall of the garage into a Northern dart board!

12. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

HOLY CRAP JOEL !!! We got the south sidemob AND the west side rookies commin after us...........we may have our hands full BUT in the the end.......the NORTH WON !!!
    Ric, if you pull that car out from so.cal, you are my new hero, a close 1st in front of Quain. (honestly)
    Looks like this is going to be THE race to attend in 2014.

13. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

That caravan must be stopping in Colorado for a smoke break if they think they're coming out here and showing the midwest what a Cali-Gasser can do.

I love it! And just think, 6 more months of blowin smoke. You guys are makin my day!:D

14. Thanks for the kind words Johnny, you are a Northern Gentleman, and I appreciate it a lot. Just so you know, our last name, Panneton, is French Canadian, and as far as I know we migrated from Europe in thru Canada, and the North East coast of America. Most of the Pannetons in the US are still in the North East, so don't tell Quain, but it looks like a I have Yankee blood in me too.
    Now, you were saying something about "California Rookies"? 56 smokers-1.jpg

56 @Pond-2.jpg

denniscocker.jpg

Coker @ Winternationals '63.jpg Next July, I'll be one month from my 50th birthday, and I've been physically racing/driving since I was 15 (36 years). The Panneton Jones & Christensen car was raced as a C & B/Gasser from '62-'67/'68. The "Isky 505" car is our Yesterdays Child, in its younger days when it was a multi time Winter Nationals , Hot Rod Magazine Championships class winner as well as many other weekly Gas Class races at Lions, Old San Gabe, Old Fontana, Irwindale, Inyokern, Fremont, Half Moon Bay, & Pomona. During this time she was a repeat record holder in D & E/Gas, and that ole dog has been hunting since 1959 (55 years). The early black and white photo lined up against the Mars Bros. '55 for the D/Gas win was at the first (1961) Winternationals @ Pomona. Quain is a couple years older than me, so if I'm a rookie, then Quain aint far away from that. Better hope ole veteran Crommer don't get riled up, cause if he does, Grandpa is gonna take you to the woodshed son! PS. If you drop those "training wheels" from the back of the Orange Crate, that's gotta be 100 lbs, you'll pick up a tenth right there!
    Man!, if this race is half the fun of just sitting here typing up Smack-O-Grams, its gonna be a Barn Burner!

15. Saxxon

Saxxon

God I hope so... and I'll be there to see it !!

Now all we need someone with some artistic talent to create some old school 60's Gasser Wars posters / ads... Remember the Cam Grinders lobbing shots at each other in the magazines ?

Still waiting for someone to step up for the Farm Truck Eliminator bracket ...anyone ? anyone ?...Bueller...??

16. Saxxon

Saxxon

Pick up Rocky Phillips on the way out...he's been looking for an excuse to cross the great divide and join the Meltdown for a while now.

17. BWAAHHAAAHHAAA! Agreed! Since I yam a Rebel at heart guess I'm goin fer the SOUTH!!!! Seems Im bringin only my fists to a gunfight but thats ok I aint skairt and it aint the first time.....mebbe I need to borrow a bigger motor...

Attached Files:

18. powrshftr

powrshftr

If ya ain't fer us,ya must be agin us...!

I am eating this shit up!!!!!!

Just incredibly bummed that I won't have the coupe ready for this event.I wanna talk shit too!!!

But I can't really start slingin' 'yo mama' jokes when I'm bringing a knife to a gunfight,can I...? ;)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

19. Saxxon

Saxxon

Just to throw in my 2 cents... errr 1.82 cents

All you Yankee folks might want to recall that you "colonialists" have tried ... and failed... to invade Canada ... twice. That makes you 0-2 or does it make us 2-0. (Ok ok 1.82-0)

20. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I have a "field car". Does that count?

I just have to sneak up on it to put air in the tires.;)

It's actually a cross between piss yellow and puke green..:rolleyes:

It's uglier than I am..:eek:

Wait... that didn't come out right...:D

21. Don't sweat it Dad! I'm only bringin fists!

22. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Now wait a garsh darned minute...
    The only thing Canada has going for it is Slurpees and Hockey Pucks. When was this so called "invasion"??? My guess it was some drunk "colonists" who had no idea of the alcohol content of Canadian beer and got lost trying to get back to the states!!!

23. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

It was before the U.S. was even officially the U.S.
    If thats how Saxon wants it, then he has to wear either a "Red Coat" or whatever the French wore at that time...his choice:D

24. Saxxon

Saxxon

Hey don't forget, the French played a pretty big part in helping you folks become the United States of America. Without them you still might be the American Colonies... (Very weak "might")

Besides, my last name is French... just might have to find me that coat. They wore Blue and Red depending on the rank and social class

Damn proud of our hockey pucks and the fact Winnipeg is the Slurpee capitol of the world ... by the way. Also very aware that if push came to shove between our militaries today that we would be fly ol-glory over the big house in Ottawa in about 5 minutes. And that's with 4 minutes of negotiation...

Ok...enough of the history lesson... back to the Trash Talk for the Meltdown Gasser Wars. (I was just feeling left out...)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  25. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

wow!!! great pics and history!!! startin to feel like i'm hanging out with royalty!! i'm gonna have to blow a motor up or something between now and then so i can get you guys to sign some old parts! wow!!

26. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Now the big thing is.....DON'T break your car before July......or you will be watching from the stands....but I bet it will be the best racing in the Country...hands down!

27. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

All in fun Dave:p
    If you do choose the French outfit... then I vote for a Napoleon outfit.

28. Someone with the info should post a list of the cars/driver for the North, and the South, so we can sling crap properly. Maybe make where guys can add their name, and car to add to the list as we work towards that magic weekend. I started my cars new diet last night.., 2 lbs. out of the mid plate, sheesh, I can't wait to get to replacing/modifying the heavier stuff. I drug out my old Foreigner music, and got "Rev on the Redline playing on a loop all night". Creedence Clearwater is good for burning the midnight oil too. I keep playing "It Came Out of The Sky", and "Bad Moon Rising" and giggling to myself like a little school girl. Bad Company by Bad Company is another a good one to listen too while planning the demise of the North.

29. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

I hope to christ someone is going to get this on DVD... and print like
    HRD. I was one of the first to get there on Friday and one of last to
    leave Sunday last year. If i do one event , it will be this one.

30. powrshftr

powrshftr

It was actually the war of 1812 Brother...and this is where it gets awkward....we,ah....um......Aw,fuck,I might as well just say it.We burned your White House down.

And the rest of the city of Washington DC.....

And your president ran and hid 40 miles outside the city while he left his wife and a maid to try to grab anything valuable before she left.....

Aaaaaaaaaaawkwaaaaaaaaaard..........! :D

I'm just screwin' around II FUNNY,so don't stab me when me and my Dad show up at the track!:D

I think Ric's idea to list driver names,car make and models,and,the part where all the shit slingin' starts:Where y'all are from!

Should we have Koop and the fellas post up a list so we can all pick our targets,or how are we gonna do this...?

Holy shit I can't effin' WAIT for July!!!

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.