Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Never been to spain, please inform us what nova means.
    Id talk smack on henery js but the smack is alredey built in the car, nuff said

2. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I'll be there Johnny and I won't be bringing the big trailer I'm having to sale it to raise the money to get there and get me one of them long wheelie bar so I can leave with it on the floor and pick up another 10th. And before you pick on me about the vinyl letters I'm having it painted and hand lettered in northern blood.

3. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

AHHHH, plastic letters, plastic cars............Whats the differance??

4. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Come on Johnny glass bodys were legal in gas in 1967. And it's no performance advantage It's a street body and heaver than Cromers metal body.

5. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Plastic cars remind me of plastic boobs.......Not real but they do look good if done propley........................
    Corse i'm not sayen you car dont look good, i'm much nicer than that !!

6. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Thank's Johnny I know that you really like me just not my car. It's going to be painted all pretty this year like them boobs in a nice dress. Now I've got to get back to work

7. If you are trying to say Quains fiberglass body is light that he has an advantage running it you are wrong that body is actually heavier than Cromers steel body just go have Quain Show u how heavy the trunk lid on that body is it is not a light weight race car body it's a street Willys body sounds like an excuse to me why u Got beat just sayin :D

Sent from my SCH-R530U using H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

This is gonna get ugly......I think you're pokin' the bear with a pointy stick Johnny.....! :D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. stroked stang im registered and plan on attending. i have not been able to attend in years past due to a conflicting race schedule. i crew on the vra legal orange crate dragster. crewing on a 262 mph nitro car takes a lot of time and weekends. we are all lucky to have so many race dates to choose from. as far as a match race with the chrysler im in for money or fun you decide. i like to pound on the hemi any chance i can. as far as the 8-deuce setup i did sell it. the car now has a hilborn tall four port complete with efi. i maxed out the potential of the carbs and needed to go in a new direction. by the time the melt down comes i hope to be close to the eight sec zone. the carbs were just a big restrictor plate above the blower. as for those that think money ruins races i say b.s. the races of the era you are trying to recreate were just that RACES. complete with money on the line. there were reputations and in some cases careers on the line. there are no major gatherings from that era that im aware of that were just fun runs. the races were intence and serious. without this mentallity the races we put on today become nothing but empty shells of what once was. there is room for everyone fun runners and racers.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Hey Ric, this would be a good event for you to tow out to.

Meltdown Drags July 18,19,20 2014

11. Yes sir, I got an invite from Uncle Dirty and would love to come, if I can get the time off work to tow out. I've been invited to borrow a buddies engine, if mine is not done on time, so we'll see. If I can't tow out, I will fly out to see Quain throw Johnny a woop'n..,again.

12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Nice. It would be nice to see that old 56 in person, besides I might need a Q-jet tip or two:D

Meltdown Drags July 18,19,20 2014

13. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Just got this in the mail today, this will be the starting point for the Trophy for the North VS South Stick Shift Gasser Shoot Out! Johnny Rotten was also nice enough to donate some funny car rods that will be used for the trophy also, should be almost as epic as the racing itself![​IMG]

14. Hey Dirty one, do you want a piston for that trophy, I'm sure I can scrounge one up. Heck, I have an original L79 350HP/327 at home if you want an era correct piece. Also have an original 409 forging, or can send about any version of a CP also. Let me know. If I'm able to tow out, and get my own butt woop'd, maybe I'll still get the "longest haul" award.

15. powrshftr

powrshftr

Sure would be killer to see you bring the '56 out Ric.
    Doesnt matter what it has for a motor. That thing would be badass with a Briggs & Stratton in it!

Scott

16. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

That would be awesome! Will PM you.:D

17. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Hell even if he just pushes it off the trailer to let us check out the progress!

18. C'mon out Ric! Bring the five six and lean on it!

19. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Ric the 56 we bought from your buddy is coming I think a match race could be arranged how does east vs west sound. So I guess now you have been called out so you have no choice but show up.

20. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Ric....I think that Famoso 57' car needs another California boy to hang with....
    (double call out!)

21. ALLLLL RIGHT! I'm Throwin down the gauntlet! TRIPLE CALL OUT!!!! This is as bad as a TRIPLE DOG DARE!!!!! My "Sinister Stude" wants a piece of that 56!!! Be there or be square!!!!

22. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Quadruple dog dare ya!!! :D:D Engine Joe will take some of that action!

23. I just showed all this call s@#t to my crew chief Si Robertson. He said, "Oh no they didn't! Its on like Donkey Kong Jack! If my high compression 416" "Call out Killer" isn't done, I'll throw in our 436" Engine Masters Shootout "tow motor". Little heap only made 711HP & 629 TQ. on 93 octane and one little Holley. Just think what I could unleash with my two Q-Jet Tunnel Ram! Should be good enough to send some of ya home lick'n your wounds! I'll bring a tow rope, and leave my 4.30 "freeway" gears in just in case Quain needs a tug to the burger joint and back, or one of you needs a ride to the emergency room after you tangle with Yesterdays Child.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  24. PS. take a good look at my avatar pic, you bunch of s$%t stirring turkeys, that's my old spare parts 410 clunker with two Q-jets eat'n asphalt at the second gear shift.., and now ya all have started a roaring bon fire under my butt! Actually, I must say, this is the motivation I needed, so thank you all very much for the enthusiasm, and I promise, I will give it a Hercullian effort to have the car there.

25. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Meltdown 5 shall be epic on many fronts! Let the new millennium of gasser wars begin!!

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

Fuuuuuck YEAH....!!!

Now THAT is what Im talkin about!!!! :D

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

27. YYYYAAAA BBBBAAAABY!!! You know we love ya!!!!

Attached Files:

28. Here is what my crewchief says!

Attached Files:

29. powrshftr

powrshftr

Redline,that's awesome.Looks like you're gonna be having a blast no matter how the racing turns out!
    Trying to schedule so my Boy can come too,but it looks like his Mother is going to have him out of town that weekend:(

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

30. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Ric now the decision you have to make is if your going to run with the north or south. Last time we talked you said that you was building to our strict rules so that means you are welcome to inter on the south side. The whole deal could turn into the largest gasser war the world has ever seen.