Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. slammed

slammed

Yes Cody, with these last couple of detail shots a guy would SWEAR Scott Sullivan was in the house!! You are a rare individual. Talent. Visionary. Restraint. Endurance. Tenacity. Humble.

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I sure hope to see this car in person some day. Maybe you could make a mid-west show?

3. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Holy.... Damn Cody. Looks great.
    Just so you know, fallowing your build has really inspired me and gotten my ass in gear the last year or so!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  4. Cody,I gotta ask...is this what you visualize when you started or did the car just take on a life of it's own?

Like the more you did the more you had to do? HRP

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  5. jeffrob

jeffrob

mind blowing, sickest wagon ever

6. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

BEAUTIFUL!! Great job on her.

7. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

I recommend building a nice shelf next... to hold all the awards your going to win with that.

8. NoSurf

NoSurf

HAHA! Word.

9. oldman2

oldman2

WOW, Cody, that is looking killer, YOU ARE the detail man...Jim

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

This one makes my '60 Chevy two door wagon build look like an amateur (as in 10 year old kid) build...

Oh wait, IT IS an amateur build, I've never professed to being anything other...!!!

R-

11. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update time , today I spent the hole day messing around with the hood ,and getting everything fit , its really close , I have a little bit of tweaking to do but it is close
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thank you , Scott and I talk once and a while ,he's a very talented guy

maybe in the future :D
    thank you , im glad my build inspired you

a little of both , the outside of the car the stance and the color I had all in mind for a very long time , actually I was thinking about this a lot while I was sitting in class in high school , 10 years ago , and a lot of it just snowballed , I never imagined that it was going to turn out so nice like this , I never had the engne compartment fugaRED OUT , BUT I KNEW I WANTED A 6 CYLINDER , AND side drafts ., but yes there was a lot of things I changed one thing and a lot had to follow, lol

thank you
    thanks
    no shelf for me , I have never been in this for a award , , my award is seeing this thing done and the reaction on mine and other peoples faces , also having people scratch there heads trying to fugar eveyrthing out lol
    thanks

nope , I knew after I made it I was going to paint it , it was not that nice to chrome
    thanks

13. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

14. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Cody, So cool to see the hood being fitted - it set the tone, in a way, for the rest of the build. Fantastic job - thank you for sharing.

15. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

16. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Mother all that is good and holy. The update I have been waiting for, that hood back in the spotlight...

...you do not disappoint sir.

Posted using my Lil' Orphan Annie Secret Society Decoder Pin

17. oldman2

oldman2

That hood is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet....Jim

18. I gotta ask, how many total hours do you have in the hood alone, start to finish. This could be an interesting number !

19. Great to see the hood on......a definite highlight of the overall design...! Bravo!

20. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Simply gorgeous!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. This build just impresses me the more I look at it. It's one of those builds that you can look at for hours just to pick up on all of the small details.

22. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

The updates are exciting for me as I get to watch your car comming together, So I know you gotta be getting excited to be getting this close to the end. Thanks for taking the time to always post updates so we all can watch your cool wagon unfold before our eyes. Simply awesome!!

23. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is one of the most inspiring builds I've seen. Did you fabricate the hood hinges and closure? It's a very impressive system. Amazing detail. thanks for sharing this with us.

24. It had been quite a while since I have checked in on this build and WOW it is turning out amazing!!! Great work and thanks for sharing it in detail! It is great inspiration!

25. jhexide

jhexide
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

totally awesome...!!!

26. dirt42

dirt42

Keeps getting better every Monday seeing it all come together. I want to see it this summer on my way through Delaware.

27. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

just found this build a few days back, and have been reading to the end. i didnt skip ahead even tho i wanted to really bad, so it was a major let down to get to page 103 and find the car wasnt done. what a sweet piece of work you have made. you have some fine talent on display, and thats why i found this line hard to believe..

I knew after I made it I was going to paint it , it was not that nice to chrome .

i cant imagine why it wouldnt be good enough to chrome considering all the other detail work done, but it looks great as you have it. thanks for sharing all your hard work.

28. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cody, seeing the hood on the Walls Wagon is the icing on the cake. I know that as you get closer to getting it together, the anticipation of seeing it completed must be killing you.

But don't let us rush you. It's taken this long to get this far, it will take as long as it takes for you to get it just like you want it.

29. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Excellent craftsmanship man

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]