Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Truck find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, Jan 17, 2014.

1. I just bought a new place and moved in dec 20, I knew there was an old truck out behind the shop but we have had too much snow to wander out and investigate. Well today the sun is shining and I wasn't working so I made the trek out to have a look, here what I found, mostly complete, missing headlights and grill. Doesn't look bad but hard to tell under the snow...oh yea it has a flatty in at as well! I know someone can give me a year, appreciate the help and I will be pulling it out in the spring. Sorry for the crappy picture... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389992758.216387.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  2. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Crappy picture nothin,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats a free truck!!

3. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

WOW!

For me that would be reason to buy a new house! Nice find.
    I'm looking forward to better weather, and with it, some better pictures. B-)

4. TexasDart

TexasDart

5. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389995736.248206.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389995873.449138.jpg
    A few more crappy pictures to go with the first one...

6. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the chrome on the side of the hood says its a 41/42 1 ton Express.

7. And a quick google search later, I'm 99% sure we have a positive id

8. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

9. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

looks like a 1941

10. Thanks guys, as soon as it dried up I'll be pulling it out to see if it go's in the project line or becomes yard art! Hopefully there is enough to save.

11. Got my fingers crossed for ya! I'd love to see that old dog up and running again.

12. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Cool-you buy property and a 41 truck is included! Usually a previous owner leaves something boring like an old fridge or lawn furniture.
    If it'll save, can you apply for a title in Alberta? Possibly on the premise that the vehicle was abandoned on your property.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  13. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

'41 Ford 1 ton.

[​IMG]

VANDENPLAS and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. No idea on the title, I'll have to look into it...there is also lots of other stuff left behind as well, this was just the only cool thing!

15. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Wow! a 41, and all that free snow!

Check out the glove comp. and maybe you will find a registration with the PO and the title could be in the attic?

16. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Duuuuuude! Bonus!

17. Unfortunately the truck has been there a lot longer than the house, as far as the snow, I would happily give it all away! I never even thought to check the glove compartment. Maybe another trek through the snow this afternoon....

18. Man that kinda crap is just fun to play with...plus free??!!! Send us more pics when it thaws. Tim

19. Definitely '41. The wide chrome on the hood and grille center and the rectangular Ford emblems distinguish '41 from '40.

20. Thanks again for the id from everyone, I can't wait until spring to get it out and see what's there, definatly will post more picks then!

1933_willys_77 likes this.
  21. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Didn't think to check the glovebox? Wow, that would have been the first thing I did! Cool find though. I found an old roto-tiller and some rusty propane tanks on my property. :rolleyes:

22. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Oh, and a bundle of 5' lengths of 1/2" SS tubing!

23. Yea...I know...dropped the ball on that one!😄. There is definatly more stuff under the snow, can't wait to explore more.

24. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

I have a hood for that with the chrome at my moms in Sturgis SD definitely 41 Ford.

25. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

My brothers doesnt even have the dash.

26. As far as I can tell so far, all it's missing is the grill and headlights.

27. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

What amazes me is how a you could go so long without checking on it. The second I saw or heard there was an old truck on my property I would have been there checking. Can't be a REAL car guy.

28. Well the waist deep snow to get to it, moving, two kids, working...trust me I'm a real car guy, it just comes after other priorities in life, not like it was going anywhere!😕