Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Lee Pratt Thrash

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Jan 16, 2014.

1. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Sooo Koool! I'm really excited about going now. Thanks Ryan

2. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

As it looked not too long ago.....

[​IMG]

3. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

When I hear Lee Pratt's name I think of this car and remember Terry Cook owned it for awhile.
    FRANK

Attached Files:

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Why was this story posted?? It's bad enough I still regret selling my 55 Nomad back in the early 80s but then to read this story makes me feel like crying. Damn

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  5. bob-o

bob-o

Seriously! Soooooooo stoked to see this in a couple of weeks!

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Me too! I remember a small article in the back of Street Rodder about '79 or so about putting the subframe under it, and I think that was the first time I had ever heard of that being done.

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Can't tell you how happy I am to read this. Probably my favorite nomad ever.... and Lee is such an awesome guy. Can't wait to see the car in person. Go Lee GO!!!!!

8. Turbo442

Turbo442

This is awesome. I love the picture of all the tools as much as the car itself. It's neat to see him with the old drill and lathe that have probably both been a part of so many builds.

9. fatkoop

fatkoop

I wish more guys would run Skylark wires like Lee Pratt. They look SO good on so many cars. His builds are some of the best ever.

10. Richard Glymph was in Austin a couple of weeks ago helping Lee out with some painting and cut and buff work. I have some pictures but they are color shots so in keeping with Ryan's theme, I won't post them here. You'll just have to wait and see. :)

11. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Nice! Im glad he found the original and is restoring it back to its former glory.

One question though, what happened to the abandoned clone?

12. seatex

seatex

Gonna be SCHWEEEEET!

13. I've seen the TRJ pics(color), and is it ever sweet! Don't leave out Tom Davison's efforts in the paint--according to TRJ, Tom did the flames originally, and again this time. Vernon McKeon is doing the interior( one heck of a trim guy)...Even super cool HAMBer Reggie is tweaking the engine. This is just a great story of a great car, with some of the neatest guys you'd ever meet laying their hands on it. I was going to GNRS, but had to cancel :(....and I'm sad I'm gonna miss seeing this thing in person.

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

TRJ sent out an email with a few color shots, which I'm sure can be found on their website if anyone is really curious :)

Looking forward to seeing this wagon next week!

Malcolm

15. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

In keeping with Ryan's "blackout" of color details, here's a shot of Lee mixing the main color!!

[​IMG]

16. I can almost smell the lacquer........:p

You guys killed it, Tom. Looks a foot deep in the pics(which you shot so well, btw) :cool:

17. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Hope he found a four-track for it

18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

That's hilarious (and so true).

19. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Earl Schieb, I didn't see the TRJ newsletter, but for the record, Lee designed and taped the flames originally in November 1967 and also in November of 2013.

In '67, Lee knew what he wanted, we collaborated on how to accomplish that, then I did all the spraying and blending. So, this past November, Richard was there ahead of me, helped Lee prep the car and went back to Baltimore. Richard and Lee did a phenomenal job on the prep. Richard also assisted with the flake and lace on the top.

I was in Austin to assist and to help Lee remember how we did it in '67 (example..did the flames have a metal flake pinstripe?…we don't know, but we talked about doing that in '67 and we did do it in '13). Lee did all the spraying and blending this time around. Then Richard came back and brought Brandon along to help sand and polish the clear

Here's a shot I took of the original top. Yes, that's what cracked, laced and cleared 47 year old Metalflake looks like and yes, those black spots are holes rusted all the way through!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Please finish your '57 Ford, Jeff! Hahaha

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Shit, I'm a couple days late on this. This rules this rules this rules!!! This will be my most anticipated car to see at GNRS for sure. I think this might be one of the coolest cars ever built!!!!!!

So rad!

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Kapow! ha ha ha

I am trying Tom.. I am trying.
    I have seen the 55 Lee is doing and he is like a Mad Scientist.
    I very much anticipated to see Lee and the 55 at GNRS.
    Lee has the Midas touch.

But I love his 32 so much….cause it's just so right.

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Sucker punch...way to go Tom Davison.

24. 193257

When I talked to Lee last year at the roundup and he was telling me about finding the original upholstery and planning on using it. Hope that is still true. Yes he has to love his cars to go through the punishment the has gone through for this build. I commend him. Proves that he's a true gearhead. Lee!!! the old mad is looking good man. Rick

25. 57MoreDoor

57MoreDoor
    from CC,TX

What kind of hydraulic system is that? Airplane? And where can I get one?! And learn more about them.

26. That's funny! :rolleyes::)

27. Ryan has posted a few colour teaser pictures/videos on instagram and it looks tasty!!

28. BLAKE

BLAKE

It lives… and it rules.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

29. BLAKE

BLAKE

It lives… and it rules.

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My attorney deleted the above posts because he felt he was breaking the "black and white only" law. However, I like to live dangerously... So, I undeleted them.