Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Retro Rewind - Indoor Traditional Show Jan 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Mar 14, 2013.

1. jjsound

jjsound

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389651900.738892.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389651911.637662.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389651932.773073.jpg

The only vehicle I took multiples of. :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. haychrishay

haychrishay

3. jjsound

jjsound

That gasser was clean! Well done. A lot of the cars were.

There were a few that I didn't think fit as "indoor show cars" but it was a great event and that's up to the folks that put the show together.

Nice job!

4. Squablow

Squablow

Is there a transcript of the rules painted on that hood? I'd like to read them but I can't make it out on my computer. Neat pics, that black roadster is great.

5. jjsound

jjsound

That's exactly what that is. I thought it was very creative and nicely done.

6. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Be assured that we were really trying to keep with traditional "indoor show cars" but with car owners bailing just days before the show due to weather and other various reasons we had to find some quick replacements to fill the holes.

7. jjsound

jjsound

I and I'm sure everyone else completely understands. Excellent show!

Can I pm you with some questions about the production end of the event?

8. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

All we can say is WOW.The four of us had a killer time to say the least.Only got lost once and had to take a detour near Chicago.
    These people know how to do things right.I havent been to such a well rounded ,to the point,stayed on point all day, kick ass show as this was.Even got a couple shout outs because we were from out of town.Made us feel welcomed and humbled.
    The pictures posted tell only part of the story.The crowd was very good,the vendors were selling,auction raised a chunk of money for a noble cause.We were impressed that it was stated upfront where the monies were going, classy.Made some new friends and contacts.Did I mention all the guitars??
    Learned a bunch about Robert Williams during the film fest in a killer old theater.That guy is TWISTED.And then finished off the day with Nikki Hill,are you kidding me.
    Not sure if we will make it to Torque Fest but if its anything at all like this, Its not to be missed!!!!!
    Next year we,ll bring more people and take over the Holiday Inn accross the street.
    Thanks again for all the efforts that made this happen.If only todays cars had the leg room of my 47 Olds,13 hrs making leg pretzels.Thanks again!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  9. Did you have your Fedco shirt on at the show ?

10. Squablow

Squablow

I guess what I meant to say was, can someone post a transcript of the rules on the hood? I can't quite read them but I'd like to see what they say.

11. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Had my Fedcospeed jacket on and was the guy with the Captain Kangaroo mustash.We were there from 9am till the last song

12. Me and my pals were at the end of the bar. We had a BLAST, I may have Shouted "Rainbow Mother$^%#ing Lounge" 15-20 times while we were there.All class joint.

13. TheFish

TheFish

It was a blast. Next year will be better. I think we plan to have a larger group.

14. TheFish

TheFish

I can get that info for you. Or just PM coolstuff.

15. Master of None

Master of None

Had a great time as I figured we would. I want to thank Steve for the opportunity to show the 55, and John for the willingness to put his name and brand behind another 1st time show. I really didn't hear a complaint during the day other than the crap weather Friday. But you know Iowa....don't like it wait 10 minutes..Looking forward to Retro Rewind 2015!

16. A Boner

A Boner

17. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Well this looks like one Hell of a show! Cool idea! Lots of Killer Cars! Thanks for sharing some pics. A few fellow HAMBers from Buffalo made the Trek. Maybe I can make it out for next year.

18. out plowing

out plowing

Not the clearest photo but it lays out the basics.

Attached Files:

19. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Got a chance to get close and personal with the black roadster at the Clear View monthly get togethers in Waterloo. Cool thing is WAS actually built in California! The owner is super nice.

20. mecham70

mecham70

Made it over for the show last weekend. Good time and nice to break up the winter blues. Hopefully more cars and vendors for next year.

The location of the film fest was awesome, cool old school theatre.

21. Great cars great music great people what else do you want?

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Just now getting a chance to get on The HAMB. We are planning doing another indoor show in 2015. We hope everyone will support it. We need car owners to commit to this event. As you can see we have a great idea, but we need you to make this show a continued success. We have tried to come up with the no repeat rule, so this means all new cars next year. Hope those that came out to the show will tell everyone about the good times and bring some people with them next time. Steve Day kicked ass, the WiscoManiacs saved our butts, and Rob and Nonda, Mike V and his wife are awesome for helping out . Seeya at Vintage torque Fest 5/2-4/14

23. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

John,

I was glad to be a part of number 1. Know that all of Dubuque is behind you. Tradition lives in the midwest.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Steve Day rules!

count on me for a fresh face on display at the 2015 show

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

it never ceases to amaze me at the quality of cars you still bring out man. Thanks!

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Thanks man - it is evident when the Chamber checks in 4 times during the show to see if we need anything! Dubuque and the Five Flags Center are doing their best to make sure we come back next year!

27. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for another great show. Miss Retrotastic and I had a great time.

28. Neat to see your mrs get the prize instead of one of the heavily tattooed n wearin not enuff clothes chics win the pinup contest! Looked straight outa the 40s! Congrats lil lady!

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Cher Bear looked great - the pearls were a great touch! Thanks for classing up the joint! (Your wife, not you Justa beater!!!! Ha)

30. Scuba's 225

Scuba's 225

The right judges were in place to judge on the correct criteria in a fair and unbiased way! Congrats she was my pic