Register now to get rid of these ads!

Myrtle Beach Run to the Sun March 20-22 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motoandy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

The annual Run to the Sun car show will be held March 20-22, 2014 in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Who is in?? Hoping for this year to be one of the best. The show has improved over the past few years.

Some of us locals would love to have a MEET and GREET. Some how, some where. Will work those details out.

Chime in, you coming and where from.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  2. Man I will be there and the meet and greet sounds good, Oh yea I am one of the locals. Hope we can get a good turn out. motoandy and a few of us are working on a good place to get together so get your plans together and come on to the beach

3. Looking forward to it.

4. I'll offer my office space unless you find something better. Three blocks from the show. About 1200 sq ft of space. Yes Andy, I'll clean up first!

Don't forget the parade Thursday evening!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. I'll be down from Va. Wouldn't miss it.

6. I'm going to really try and make it this year Andy. I don't know if the '39 will be ready but I'll bring the Blazer. Any suggestions on hotels?

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Will get back to you......

8. The weather is usually very nice. 70s to mid 80s. But can also be in the 50s.

9. Jan and I will be there all weekend. I'm hoping to put a few more screen names with faces, so I'm subscribed for updates on a meet and greet.

10. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I hope to be down for at least Saturday.

11. I'm a local as well. Would love to get involved.

12. thunderplex

thunderplex

Will be there in one of these.

Look for the '34 highboy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  13. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

The misses and I have talked about it but not sure yet.

14. Deuce-coupe

Deuce-coupe

We're planning to be there for Friday and Saturday in one of these.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390061865.240804.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390061879.344965.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390061895.922001.jpg

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Awesome guys. This event is still hot roddy but the turnout is always solid, and there ends up being something for everyone, both good and bad. The weather potential,and beach are always a solid draw. Keep checking back on this thread as we will hope to put together something convenient and cool so we can meet new faces.

16. bearfebco

bearfebco

Would like to attend this event....We will be heading north on I-95, retuning from the Gatornationals after 3-17....Big question is there a campground near to the happenings that will accommodate a motorhome and a stacker trailer???? Thanks for help...Fred

17. Bunch of us from Roanoke are planning on going down at least for a night or two. I'm driving my truck. Couple others towing.

18. Try Ocean Lakes Campground.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390087782.887549.jpg

19. Last year there was over 3000 cars registered for the event. Something for everyone with a fairly solid vendor area.

As far as the weather- always my first sun burn of the year. We've been fortunate with nice weather for what, the last 7 or 8 years? Those with pollen allergies come prepared.

20. right around that time of year i have had it with feeding the wood stove, shoveling and wearing a jacket.

21. Are you joking?. HRP

22. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Yep, no kidding . 3000 was a cut off at that. That was around 1:00 on Saturday.

23. Its become huge...

24. We have a road trip planned this year and just can't work the MB trip in this year,Hopefully I'll make it back down there next year. HRP

25. jr9162

jr9162

Would love to be there but will be in San Diego 2 weeks, and Flagstaff 2 weeks during Feb. Next time around for sure. Working on selling all our excess stuff and moving to Walland TN, where we'll build a new home. Had a good time in MB during October 2012, met some of the locals.

26. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

We haven't gotten any prettier that is for sure.

27. if anybody is in need of a place to park a trailer, I have a good sized yard. You are more than welcome. I am located about 30 miles North East of Myrtle Beach on Hwy 701.

28. Talked to motoandy today and we have made some progress on a meat and great more up dates to come this week but really hope you guys and gals can come out, really looking forward to putting faces to some of the names. Not just for car guys you can bring the family with you.

29. meat and great or...
    meet and greet?